Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bonuses are gone I believe, sets themselves are still there. Also, it doesn't mean tier sets are gone for good, x8 may bring set bonuses back again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

To clear up most worries about the art on gear, here is an excerpt from the interview: “So we're going to have artwise, the gear will be more heavily themed from the place it comes“. So seems like we are still getting good quality gear art wise.

Good. It does lock you into certain gear.

Each class still having a specific set model would be nice though. It would be nice to get rid of sets be it would be a cop out to have a lot less armor models.

Deleted
    I hope this doesn't mean we will get Horde/Alliance themed armors instead of Class themed armors ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    they are taking the lazy option every chance they get, and getting away with it
    Yup...and gives me the feeling they will use this as a excuse to make less models...make a generic cloth and recolor it a bunch of times instead of making a generic cloth set then a set for Mage, Priest, and Warlock...ect ect for all the armor types.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    To clear up most worries about the art on gear, here is an excerpt from the interview: “So we're going to have artwise, the gear will be more heavily themed from the place it comes“. So seems like we are still getting good quality gear art wise.
    how many of us would raid only for the mostly meh looking gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Statistically you're more likely to get better itemized gear from dungeons because they're just a broader variety of loot overall. Armor slots may have 1-3 options in a Raid while there could be 5+ in dungeons overall.

And some of those "boring tiersets" can full on change rotations, like lower cooldowns and resets, they might seem boring, but it's a reason to raid and much more fun then not having them.
    But those can just be thrown into the Azerite gear pieces anyways, which on top of that cant TF either, so there is a pretty good chance that those 3 pieces will have highest Ilvl from Mythic Raiding anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    how many of us would raid only for the mostly meh looking gear?
    A lot of people posted in this thread concerned about it

The sky is falling!

Let's wait and see what they are before complaining.

As a raider, I am ALL for not gimping 4-6 slots for tier, assuming we get small 2p sets, item effects (chests in Seat, cloaks in Kara, etc) and other fun stuff to fill the gaps. The only fun thing about tier is the set bonuses, but if a lot of items have cool effects, I am all for not gimping my 'tier slots'. Seriously, being forced into 4p T20 and 2p T21 next tier will feel awful.

Really hope they go through with this.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yup...and gives me the feeling they will use this as a excuse to make less models...make a generic cloth and recolor it a bunch of times instead of making a generic cloth set then a set for Mage, Priest, and Warlock...ect ect for all the armor types.
    The art hasn't been reduced, unless you count the set bonuses part of that -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The artifact neck we have next expansion will give those armor slots different bonus slots to choose from based on the name of the item and are more powerful based on level of difficultly. So instead of tier sets, the neck bonuses will still probably be better than mythic+ gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    But those can just be thrown into the Azerite gear pieces anyways, which on top of that cant TF either, so there is a pretty good chance that those 3 pieces will have highest Ilvl from Mythic Raiding anyways.
    So its M+ or Mythic raid, fuck people who don't do Mythic raiding right? We already know M+ gives higher base Ilvl then heroic raiding, what is going to be my point to heroic raiding? How do I get people to even want to raid when everything better can come from M+? M+ or Mythic raid or die, welcome to BfA.

Watch, they change it so M+ gives the same ilvl as mythic raids at high levels, kill Mythic raiding too while we're at it.

I'm OK with this. Raid gearing this expansion has been really weird, because there were so many locked up slots. Four pieces of tier plus two legendaries plus your weapon (plus your Arcanocrystal) mean that there's a lot of dead gear in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The art hasn't been reduced, unless you count the set bonuses part of that -_-
    If they get rid of tier sets then why would they make unique sets for each class?

I can see them using this as a excuse to not make unique sets for each class anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    If they get rid of tier sets then why would they make unique sets for each class?

I can see them using this as a excuse to not make unique sets for each class anymore.
    I believe only the bonuses are going not the sets themselves.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep the class themed set appearances I REALLY do not care. Always found the sets irritating for the most part anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe only the bonuses are going not the sets themselves.
    Just saying I wouldn't put it past them to pull this...but only time will tell.

set bonuses are awesome. they should make each piece contribute to a bonus that way you are encouraged to stay current as far as item level. the playstyles can and should change patch to patch. just give every piece of armor a +1 to the set bonus for that tier.

If so that means i can move 100% onto mythic+ and hope this also means they push this as the new end game with balancing and better affixes