Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    You're acting like there will be no gear drops at all now, purely cosmetics? No, the strongest PvE gear in the game? Yes.

I don't do it for pure cosmetics, I do it for the challange and to get better gear to further my character. The lack of a tier set wont change that, it just means that I can instead focus more on optimal stat pieces instead of wether something is tier or not.

There is plenty of incentive still, so the whole argument kinda falls short there.
    If they make no changes to the M+ system you won't be getting higher level gear from raiding, it'll be equal. It'll just look prettier and be harder to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    if only blizzard realized that cosmetics were meaningless sooner they could have fired their entire art department and saved billions of dollars
    Well someone quite clearly missunderstood the entire thing completely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If they make no changes to the M+ system you won't be getting higher level gear from raiding, it'll be equal. It'll just look prettier and be harder to get.
    Yeah because the exact same stat allocations and trinkets drop in M+, silly me, not to mention that weapons are back, possibly with procs or other interesting skills. But yeah Mythic + will clearly be the only source of gear, but hey, if you rather do that than raid, go for it. I prefer raiding, I only do mythic + when I feel I'd lagg behind my guild if I didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Maybe, but as they said, you won't be pushed to only getting the tier gear.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's a good evolution to the system to tie tier bonuses to the new azerite neck and allow ppl to wear whatever they want in their previous tier slots.

People who think tier was crucial to raiding have no idea how unfun it is to wear 915 heroic tier over 945 ilvl titanforges cuz the tier bonus is too precious to not use. It's incredulous how ppl in this thread think it's somehow a downgrade from the current system.

Good job Blizzard for evolving the game further. All they have to do now is make Titanforging less punishing and we've got ourselves a good game.

No more tier bonuses could be a good thing, or a bad thing. I honestly think it will only work out if we get more cool unique effects added onto raid loot. Nothing OP or mandatory, just fun effects. Like the fire cat thing for Firelands, or trinket-esq effects.

It really depends what they do with the azerite system to see if this is a good or bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Well someone quite clearly missunderstood the entire thing completely

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because the exact same stat allocations and trinkets drop in M+, silly me, not to mention that weapons are back, possibly with procs or other interesting skills. But yeah Mythic + will clearly be the only source of gear, but hey, if you rather do that than raid, go for it. I prefer raiding, I only do mythic + when I feel I'd lagg behind my guild if I didnt.
    Historically this expansion Dungeons have had better itemization and better trinkets, up til ToS for most classes. Barely ANYONE wanted trinkets from EN, and very few from NH (a blue trinket was better than most NH trinkets for ret for example). Sure it could drastically change next expansion, but statistically dungeons offer more gear choice then raids. 1-3 pieces a slot for raids depending on size compared to 5+ for dungeons overall.

The azerite armor can't titanforge, that means raid is 100% bis on these slots.
    Also we don't know how m+ will be handeld in BfA. Maybe the current m+ loot system stays or maybe it will be changed somehow. We don't know yet.

And let's be honest for a minute, how many really high tf pieces with really good stats do you got from running high m+keys?
    No, weekly chest does not count, because that is guaranteed to forge high.
    I ran a lot of keys and got exactly 0 items above 940 that were worth it. I got so many crit/haste items on my rogue.
    I have seen more 940+ items in mythic tos than in all high m+ keys combined, me and the other people included.
    All my gear comes from mythic tos to this day and i have no piece under 930 except specter trinket because kj won't drop it for me.

I can only talk for myself, but i get bored real quick running the same dungeons dozens of time.
    Remember that guy who ran MoS uncountable times to be the first with 54 points in his weapon. That screams for a burnout.
    Last edited by Critical92; 2017-11-15 at 02:18 AM.
    Dying could endanger your health!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep the tier set models being class specific it'll still keep players raiding, if they remove all tier from raiding it'll destroy almost all reasons to raid. Yeah tier sets in a world with titanforging makes for a really crappy system, but honestly they should've removed titanforging and not tier set bonuses.

Sad to see them go, but at the same time I'm happy that we won't have to lower our ilvl drastically to for a power boost to certain spells that may or may not be better than ilvl.

So they are getting rid of leggos and tier pieces. Honestly these are my favorite 2 aspects to gear, I love the way they affect my rotation and thought process for timing. And the Heart bonuses don't sound like they bring that factor into play.
    So with no changes to specs and no items that even slightly alter rotation, everything is just going to be straight stat. That sounds really boring.

People saying "RIP raiding" don't really understand how HoA works.

They're going to still put bonuses and traits relative to raid pieces vs. mythic dungeon pieces and those same traits will also be higher relative to your difficulty/ilevel.

Every piece of gear's traits are different.

The only thing that changes is that it's spread over 3 pieces and ilevel will always reign relative to your bonuses. So, less shit than it is now.

With the way M+ works currently itd be exceedingly hard to get equal level argunite pirces compared to mythic raids. 1 chance every week and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    Actually, I think the idea is that you loot a titanforged chest piece (940) but you have a heroic ToS tier chest (915). You can't replace your tier chest because you lose the 4-piece bonus.

This is a really positive change, set bonuses have been fussy since forever it’s just this expansion that brought it to our awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    As long as they keep the tier set models being class specific it'll still keep players raiding, if they remove all tier from raiding it'll destroy almost all reasons to raid. Yeah tier sets in a world with titanforging makes for a really crappy system, but honestly they should've removed titanforging and not tier set bonuses.

Sad to see them go, but at the same time I'm happy that we won't have to lower our ilvl drastically to for a power boost to certain spells that may or may not be better than ilvl.
    As nice as it is to get Titanforging gear it's few and far between. I wouldn't really mind if it was gone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Awww....

But I liked the gear....

I feel this will be a big mistake, tier bonuses always felt good, even when weak.

Deleted
    I'm a little worried about this. For me personally it's gonna kill a lot of my motivation for raiding. Tier bonus' can be/are fun. Some of my favorite memories are of SV tier 16. Getting many LnL procs in a row was the best feeling. I hope the Heart of Azeroth can capture some of what we are losing otherwise there goes a lot of the reasons I play this game.

I am sure there are a lot of people who are fine with playing there spec/class the same way forever. I for one was happy that I got to play with different talents or a different spec each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They aren't going to kill raiding, the main director is big into it so chill.
    Sigh... that is not what I said

They already stated that azerite empowered pieces will not titanforged, so mythic raiders will have something not available to other players.

I'm glad its going away. Its frustrating getting locked into poorly itemized tier piece just because of a set bonus. Theres so little options for raid drops already in Legion because of tier+ legendaries, and now the trinket. Its a welcome change to get rid of tier. Also if theres 3 empowered pieces from raid when function as BiS, its basically tier with less restrictions anyways.
    Last edited by Jaigar; 2017-11-15 at 04:38 AM.