Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, I think the idea is that you loot a titanforged chest piece (940) but you have a heroic ToS tier chest (915). You can't replace your tier chest because you lose the 4-piece bonus.

If that is the case, then the titanforge system is the problem not the sets

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Except tier still "incentivizes" people to use pieces they don't want to for the purposes of fulfilling set bonuses, so there's still an issue there.

There's a separate issue to be spoken of for if they put overly good Heart of Azeroth traits on sub-optimal pieces, but that's something they can look at when it comes to it, and the issue remains. Set pieces are not without problems.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    effort to kill the only interesting aspect of the game

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me it sounds like power-wise they wanna move the 2-piece and 4-piece effects to the new Azerite System.

Though if this is the tradeoff for more unique sets that aren't just "you wear an animal skull because you're a hunter" then I'm in.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm fine (Actually quite happy TBH) to see the 2/4 piece set bonuses going away. They just felt restrictive, and I do not like having to equip lower level gear just to get those bonuses. I think the Azerite system, in the form announced at BlizzCon, will be just fine as a substitute.

What I would *not* like, if true, is them removing class-specific appearances and going with the ToV-style sets for main core raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Not really. A lesser issue, but still on the same vein, is item stats. Imagine two chest pieces of same item level. The tier chest has crap stats for your class, but the non-tier chest you just looted has the best stats for your class. However, swapping chest pieces will make you lose your 2/4-piece tier bonus.

Similarly: you have 4-piece Nighthold tier, but a non-tier item of Tomb of Sargeras drops for you. It's an item level upgrade, but you can't use it without losing the tier bonuses.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Best change

Honestly this is one of the better ideas they've come up with in a long time I think tier sets were a mistake in Legion they didn't work with this system of artifacts they probably won't work with the necklace. I think it also is counterintuitive to the transmog system to have class specific sense especially when they've tried so hard to make it so nothing is specific to a class anymore it's all specific to a armor type.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Honestly this is one of the better ideas they've come up with in a long time I think tier sets were a mistake in Legion they didn't work with this system of artifacts they probably won't work with the necklace. I think it also is counterintuitive to the transmog system to have class specific sense especially when they've tried so hard to make it so nothing is specific to a class anymore it's all specific to a armor type.
    I think there's a niche still for class fantasy sets.

But let's be honest I think Blizz has kinda run out of ideas for a lot of classes. Just look at the HD update of T6 they used for Tomb of Sargeras.

Rather see them release class sets as they come up with cool ideas, rather than just feeling like "well we gotta make a set for all 12 classes, so let's make 4 good ones and the other 8 can get something random a boss wears in the raid."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Actually sounds good. I imagine the azerite gear bonuses will take its place.

about damn time.My rng is so bad when it comes to tier sets i never get them anyway.Took me 6 months of naxx 25 in wotlk to get my shoulders

While I will not shed a tear for set bonuses perhaps a more compromised solution would be to make all tier for that expansion have the exact same bonuses. That way if you go from T22 to T23 you can equip the new set piece and it still has the same bonus.

Pros

- you can simply equip the better ilvl/stat piece
    - blizzard only has to balance around 1 set of bonuses
    - players don't have to possibly change playstyles/classes for new tier due to lackluster bonuses

Cons

- only 1 set bonus for 2 years can get a little dull (but with azurite gear this wouldn't be as big a deal)

Also - they could just change the tier slots with this too. Instead of using helm and chest since it's azurite, use feet and belt. Or a tier ring.

WoW really isn't an RPG anymore. It's turning into an online adventure with perk systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been wanting this change for a couple of expansions. Hope this sticks.

Set bonuses are dumb. They on rare occasion added a diversity of builds, and give an excuse not to make the baseline mechanics more interesting.

Also the biggest RNG isn't getting a set bonus to drop, its getting blizzard to make your specs set bonus decent.

Thank goodness, I can't remember the last time Fury had an interesting or fun set bonus like the ToS Arms 4 piece.

So question: do we still get "tier" sets from the raid then? Essentially I assume we still get a unique set of armour but just no bonuses if we don't have 2,4 pieces equipped?

Good, maybe they wont rely on set bonuses to "fix" rotation/balance issues and actually fix the problem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Basically, kind of kills my desire, tier is one of the things i definitely look forward to raid to raid... now what? Trinkets? nothing separates raids from M+ now.
    LOL yea 5 man and 25s mans will be the same great change on the gear.

They probably just ran out of ideas for set bonuses.