Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Also, as if we needed any more proof that the MMOC community does not reflect the wider community :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But you see, if Blizzard starts chaning things like people want, then we're back to the original dev cycle and we'll end up with WoD and Legion again.
    This was supposed to be classic like classic was. The vanilla experience. Adding balance patches, LFR, dual specs and flying will not give you the vanilla experience.
    No you won't. That logic isn't entirely sound. People are not asking for the same type of changes. At least, not all of us. I don't want LFR/LFD, Flying, AP, legiondary items, dual spec or that stuff. I want attunement quests, 40 man raiding, hard grinding for VERY specific gear sets, resistance gear and all of the "bad" parts about Vanilla. I just also want ret paladins to be considered viable sometimes because they have a unique utility that no other class has, or elemental shamans to be able to actually hit the boss without their spells being resisted or useless because they have dots. Changing the game to allow DoT classes to be functional or allow Ele shamans to hit a boss isn't going to turn it into Legion, because the people asking for these types of changes are not the type who want to ruin the game with flying or LFD.

And, you know, some of these things I'm VERY torn about as well. I dislike the state of retail, but I don't necessarily hate the story, zones, or raids. I hate that they removed old style talent trees, attunements, threat and those things... But I think the biggest thing I miss about Vanilla-Early Wrath was the community, and I think that holds true for a lot of people as well. I know that there are undoubtedly those who want Vanilla only for nostalgia's sake, and those people will fade out of existence relatively soon.

What I think a lot of this "NO CHANGES" crowd is composed of is people who loved this game and then had to watch as it became a bastardized version of that game as more and more changes were made to it. I am also one of these people, but I'm not afraid of changes as well. I do think these people are genuinely afraid (and have every reason to be afraid) of Classic going down that same route as retail, but I ask them-and you- to please look at Old School Runescape as an example. They were able to take that game as is for a while, and then slowly evolve into a better version WITHOUT removing the reasons that people liked it. I really think that Classic WoW can go this same route (after a while of course) and become the game that we wish we had been playing for the last 11ish years.

I would love to see Vanilla Hyjal or the Emerald Dream or Blood elven society (not playable perhaps, but neutral or even enemies would be interesting) or any of the stories added in TBC or Wrath to be fleshed out in a way that is inherently "Classic", you feel? Part of me wonders what TBC would have been like if it didn't have flying, or what Wrath would have been like if they hadn't added DKs or removed threat as an actual mechanic... I think there IS a place for that sort of stuff, but I think it should come much, much later.

Overall it's just a weird place to be. I loved playing on Nost and experiencing that old game again. I will love Classic WoW if it ships exactly as it was back then and I will play it for its entire PvE life, but it IS a limited game. I really enjoy the way that game felt, but I also think that the game didn't feel the way it did solely because classes were imbalanced. I've also seen the way '07 Runescape evolved into an alternative reality type of thing. A, "what if we didn't fuck up the game?" scenario.

So I guess my stance is that Vanilla will be great to play for 1-3 years, but then I think it COULD evolve without all the fuckups that did plague and still plague retail. Is it too soon to be advocating this? Hell yeah, but I want to get the discussion at least in the back of people's minds so that they can go into Vanilla and think about how much more fun retail would be if only it was like this. Maybe they'll get the urge to ask Blizzard to develop something like the way of OSRS one day.

Also, even if this ever happened, I would always want a pristine Vanilla replica forever. Not advocating the removal of that ever.

Deleted
    OMG...dude, the retail crowd it's going to troll this, and Blizzard it's going to fucked up...

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    You literally said that specific poll options have switched majorities, which is the point I made. On top of this, the results have changed more than you're claiming, so you're doubly wrong.
    They haven't changed majorly. Literally only ONE question has a different majority now than it was last night with barely 1k voters and it only changed 5% in the other direction. Are you seriously trying to argue that it's a dramatic change when it isn't? I'm not even joking.

In fact, guild banks being added has actually dropped from a clear majority "Yes" to just BARELY being a yes. So... I think the results are mainly going in the "No changes" crowd.

I promise I've been monitoring this thing VERY closely since this poll was posted.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-15 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    lol 54% majority
    It's greater than the No vote, therefore it is a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Retail players are trying hard to ruin it for us.
    Fancy that, the people paying the bills are making their voices heard.

to the 1,000 people that wanted to pay an additional 15 dollars to double your experience gained, vanilla classic probably isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Retail players are trying hard to ruin it for us.
    I don't know why you assume this. Have you seen the results on the polls? Guilds banks being added is almost a "No" majority, more viable tanks is very split and has swapped between 1% yes and 1% no, people don't want raids to just be available from the beginning, there's a 95% NO on flying... Like.. cmon dude, this is clearly not just retail players trying to screw everybody over. This is just legit. The only thing that people don't agree with is potential balance changes, and there's no way that the same people voting yes on that in order to "ruin" the game for you are also voting no to having flying, LFD, or LFR in the game. If there was a trolling PoS whose goal is to kill Classic WoW, they'd be voting "yes" to LFR and flying 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Very great poll, should be useful as long as people actually read and considered the positives and negatives and didn't just slam no or yes to every single thing.

I liked the last one on increasing terrain view distance, imo it can only make the experience better.

I voted to keep things as classic as possible. Few exceptions were things like having the BG's in at the start aswell as the 5 mans. I voted to have the raids not come out at the same time of course. The AQ war event i thought would be cool to cycle once a year. I was torn on battle masters or not. On the one hand i liked them since i didn't have to go to the barrens to que for WSG or go from barrens to EK to que for AV/AB but idk i enjoyed the little on the spot battles outside the portals.

The idea of classic expansions and new raids is something while it would be cool would require classic servers to be massively popular for a long period of time for blizzard to even consider it. Part of me things this is some what of a social experiment by blizzard. Have classic and current gen WoW out at the same time and see which one is truly more popular. Take what you learn and use it on a new MMO be it WoW 2 or w/e

Did the survey and got almost in the majority of every question. I'm a bit surprised with people wanting to see vanilla classes balanced. If they do so it'll only mean a lot more pruning and streamlining of abilities, to the point that they feel so boring to play like with Legion's case. I would be interested in ''vanilla expansions'' to keep the game going while remaining classic WoW, like a patch opening old Hyjal as a new questing zone (pre-Cata) with a dungeon and/or raid. The Dragon Isles could also be a thing, it doesn't seem like these will make an appearance in retail so might aswell do them in classic. I would not want to see content from other expansions being added.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    It's greater than the No vote, therefore it is a majority.
    Its nearly equal.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

glad to see no one wants flying, LFR and dungeon finders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ossyc View Post
    If this survey is legit and Blizzard are considering any of that crap, then classic is well and truly F****d before it even starts.

It made my blood boil just reading it.
    They ask for dumb shit like LFR, flying to shove it in peopls faces when they ask to show em that 95%+ ppl DONT want it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    The results of this poll confuse the hell out of me.

Clearly there are far less purists than I thought there were.
    ... which is to say, far less purists than they would have you believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    ... which is to say, far less purists than they would have you believe.
    Problem with purists is, that some of them call 1.12 pure and some 1.1. Both call themself purists but their ideas of wow are really different.

Or do you believe the private server 1.12 purists would enjoy a 1.1 relaunch without the talents and item changes? It is a different game

Question, how do you see the voting results on this poll? I've seen some posters in this thread implying that people don't want pure vanilla, but I can't seem to find a way to find results from this poll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Question, how do you see the voting results on this poll? I've seen some posters in this thread implying that people don't want pure vanilla, but I can't seem to find a way to find results from this poll.
    Do the survey and when you are done click on "see previous responses".

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    I played since day 1, raided, was in a guild, had 5+ friends that played with me and finding tanks and healers could take hours. I can remember waiting 45+ min for a tank, getting one, running to the instance only to find out his gear sucked and couldn't tank at all. Man, fun times.

Most of my memory of vanilla was running circles in IF.
    Sucked to be you back then, I had no issues at all.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Results are actually pretty good so far. Just minor QOL improvements that will not affect the social and difficulty aspects of the game, which is basically what Vanilla is all about