Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    False. They are still here. You just can't use them for "reasons". For example blizz was lazy to add DH horns to old NE/BE.
    I presume they disabled them for reasons just like that - as time goes on more things get added and they don't want to have to maintain two versions of every model, so they'll get more and more out of date and it just looks unprofessional if you can see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    True. They are not here. You should check that toggle to see what will happen by yourself before spreading meme.
    Stop talking bullshit plz.

well, I know science. History will prove me right. I put my words here.
    What are you talking about? What does science have to do with character models in WoW? If you're trying to say that players having an option of using either the old or new models will be a bad thing then I feel you're sorely mistaken. It's about the same as the doomsayers claiming that if Blizzard implements X feature the game will die or lose millions of subscribers.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has enough experience to be able to implement a toggle for character models that wouldn't be a detriment to the game. I'm sorry that you feel the need to impose your view of how the game should be played on people but ultimately choice is almost never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    OP is just salty.

Classic will not be 100% vanilla, accept it. They are in the process of re-writing the client to be modern, they have the option to add new graphics/models if they please as a toggle.

And why are they re-writing the client? Because security issues, optimization for modern computers, back-end network structure(Battle.net Friend list integration for example) among other things that are needed to make Classic not be a turd. A lot has changed since Windows XP, and I can guarantee you need at least Windows 7 to play Classic.

Why Windows 7? There are numerous security issues with previous versions, and not supporting Win Vista or below means they can eliminate most bots and scripts from the game due to different security measures Win7 introduced for files and programs(namely the memory, RAM) that they could not take advantage of before they ended the support for XP/Vista. Namely stuff such as model editing, tMorph and inject-based bots were nuked with this change because they could no longer access WoW's memory as it was protected to only accept certified files to load into the .exe.
    I'm still running XP at home, if they're still planning to drop support for it they've delayed it.

Didn't WoW originally run on 2000? I can't remember if they ever supported 98, although I remember when I started playing they didn't support it... though that was during Wrath :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Let's sya there's a toggle. Why would it matter to you if I do/don't play with old models if you can't even see it from your side? Why does that matter to you? You'd never know who is using which model, to you everyone would look like the old models.

How.

How does my, invisible to you, choice.

Affect.

YOU.
    The answer has already been given:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Well, how I not once already said, this always was much better and fair solution.
    So IT IS ABOUT Classic impression and down here statement is wrong:
    Alright kids, listen up! Just because I have a switch turned to the ON position on my graphics that only I CAN SEE doesn't mean it's not vanilla. I know, it's hard to comprehend.

And for clarification, that is THE ONLY CHANGE I want touching my sweet vanilla. It's literally ONE little thing that affects barely anything. I'm sorry that you can't wrap your head around such a simple, simple thought.
    If this:
    So what if the door is open, Blizz doesn't have to walk through it. I'd be pissed about any other change. Especially if they put in LFD/LFR. I wouldn't touch it or BfA. Blizz would have failed me completely.

And really, even if they don't put in this toggle switch, I'd still play classic.
    then why you even here to argue with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Majkls View Post
    I do not get the stubborness of some people regarding changes that have nothing to do with gameplay.
    I for one would welcome new graphics/models/animations, or a toggle would be fine (like there is a toggle on live for models, also if they have resources to make a whole team for WoW Classic, they will have the resources to mantain 2 sets of models).

But yelling OLD MODELS OR ITS NO VANILLA is just plain silly. Stop pushing that BS, it has nothing to do with immersion (like i said me and I believe a lot of others would prefer the new models), if there will be a toggle it won't affect you at all. And if you preach the "old experience" but you dont have a 4:3 CRT monitor, 1024x768 resolution, a trackball mouse and a dial-up modem you can go stick your "MUH OLDSKOOL" attitude you know where.
    It really has, again read the link above.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    if there is a toggle it will not be a bad idea
    don't worry blizzard will not remove the old models from classic wow
    It will, again read the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    all i care about is re-experience the 1-60 leveling content and zones.

i would much prefer to do that with new models if possible. dont care about people who prefer old models because those people have bad opinions, new models are superior and do nothing to affect gameplay.
    We aren't talking about opinions here, we're talking about justice, I can argue endlessly with you (see the signature) how ugly and misplaced new models are, but topic isn't about this at all, so stop with misdirection discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    ....I get the feeling your just trolling...You CANT BE SERIOUS about some of the things you said. Give me ONE logical thing whats wrong about a toggle for an update only I will see? What does it matter to YOU, what I see? You have old models on? You will see me in old model. I will see you in new. That all.

"Yeah, I spend time getting items for transmog because I want my characters to look cool to ME. If they show up as naked female trolls on everyone else's client, I'm fine with that." 100% right.

"Or make transmog client side" Also ok with me. I dont care if anyone can see my cloth/leather/plate mix. Just give ME the option to look good.
    That's mean that you're not care, so why do you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    It's cool bro, remember all those times people like you would say "It's not about the graphics, it's about the game play."

In this case, it's 100% about game play, not the graphics. Also,
    1.) BE never existed in Vanilla.
    2.) Draenei never existed in Vanilla.
    3.) NE did, but we're about to broach the subject later
    4.) 2/3 were brought in during BC, the expansion AFTER the original World of Warcraft release.

Seeing as we aren't concerned with a Burning Crusade server, we'll go ahead and go back to #3.

Seems that during patch 7.3, when they added new casting animations to the game, they broke some models. I could also imagine because this is really not a high priority issue, as it doesn't effect your precious QoL changes, it's on the very BOTTOM of their "Fix Shit" list. More than likely something they'll reintegrate once servers go live and textures and models are coded back into the game; as they DID exist before the patch.

I have no worry, as OP should have. But going through some of your posts seems like you're one of the trolls who posts hyperbolic(see-
    "Blizzard, as an imperialist scum, definitely never cares what people actually want." cqwrteur) nonsense mostly. Enjoy your day making big stinks over nothing.

One of the bigger things about this classic server civil war I'm really actually enjoying, is all the people wishing the worst for people who in all likelihood will enjoy the content because, and by your standards, Blizzard is lazy, and the trail to set has already been made by dozens of private servers(who for the majority don't even follow Vanilla server tuning themselves; 2-8x leveling, opt in payments for gear, priority statuses, etc) and Blizzard themselves already.
    It's not the people like us, but I'll correct your mistake:"it's not about new fancy grafics"-that's what we said (note, I don't call it "better" deliberately, because there is nothing to do with this word for new models).

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    If they put new animations into classic.. you should quit official blizzard servers. Because I guess they're not for you?
    You don't understand, this is more about classic discussion, and most of us already not playing in current version of the game (read signature).

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The amount of work Blizzard would have to do to maintain this would be minimal. The reason certain old models are no longer supported is because they added brand new classes/animations that they didn't want to go through the effort of making work with the old models. Given that they aren't going to be adding anything new like this to classic, the same concerns shouldn't be relevant.
    We don't care about amount of work, topic isn't about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    ITT: People wanting other people to play the game the way they want them to.

If something doesn't affect you then leave it be, who cares if someone is seeing different player models than you? Most aspects of vanilla should stay as they were but things like visuals, especially if only the person playing sees those models, should be up to personal choice. Not the irrational desires of certain vanilla purists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    What are you talking about? What does science have to do with character models in WoW? If you're trying to say that players having an option of using either the old or new models will be a bad thing then I feel you're sorely mistaken. It's about the same as the doomsayers claiming that if Blizzard implements X feature the game will die or lose millions of subscribers.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has enough experience to be able to implement a toggle for character models that wouldn't be a detriment to the game. I'm sorry that you feel the need to impose your view of how the game should be played on people but ultimately choice is almost never a bad thing.
    It's do affect, again - read the link in quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    OP is just salty.

Classic will not be 100% vanilla, accept it. They are in the process of re-writing the client to be modern, they have the option to add new graphics/models if they please as a toggle.

And why are they re-writing the client? Because security issues, optimization for modern computers, back-end network structure(Battle.net Friend list integration for example) among other things that are needed to make Classic not be a turd. A lot has changed since Windows XP, and I can guarantee you need at least Windows 7 to play Classic.

Why Windows 7? There are numerous security issues with previous versions, and not supporting Win Vista or below means they can eliminate most bots and scripts from the game due to different security measures Win7 introduced for files and programs(namely the memory, RAM) that they could not take advantage of before they ended the support for XP/Vista. Namely stuff such as model editing, tMorph and inject-based bots were nuked with this change because they could no longer access WoW's memory as it was protected to only accept certified files to load into the .exe.
    This will only prove that Blizzard failed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Wow, what a radical idea!
    If only 1% of these shitty forums had an ounce of the common sense that you have, we'd all be better off. But no. Lets ruin shit.
    Have you ever thought that it could be because of people like you?
    (trolling answer to troll's statement - I think it's fair)
    No one will offend anyone until everyone will try to be nice to each one.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    4 things OP

1: The only way you're getting vanilla in it's purest form is to literally build a time machine and go back in time. There will be changes. There already is with 13 years of computer technology progress. Even with old models we'll still be playing classic with better graphics than it ever actually had.

2: They did indeed add new ANIMATIONS in 7.3. Spriest has the most noticeable with some of them causing them to levitate and move their arms in a casting animation that didn't exist before. Every class/spec got these except for all lock specs and holy paladins. (Which probably will in the future).

3: I can't tell if you're a troll, or just moderately insane. "There is no option, so make it how I want it to be!" Which doesn't seem fair. In a democracy typically you go with the majority choice, however if possible you obviously attempt to please everyone. A toggle will please the majority. You can get all conspiracy theory "But meh nostalgia". But it doesn't really matter. This doesn't effect you and your paranoia about it effected you is nonsensical.

4: New character models are OBJECTIVELY better. You might dislike them aesthetically and that's a subjective viewpoint. However when you look at it from an objective viewpoint they are better. They have a higher poly count, they are capable of preforming more animations. They simply better empirically.

Like I could set my computer to a low resolution because I think games look better that way, or the nostalgia reminds me of eras long past. (Seriously WoW on lowest settings reminds me of PS1). But even if I like it better aesthetically it is still objectively inferior to using the highest resolution available.
    1: It's not purest discussion.
    2: Again - link is up here, use placeholders from old (+ most animations are just combination of animations parts from standart kit)
    3: And the answer how to do it propper is in link.
    (It's not clear why there is talk about democracy, despite the fact that it doesn't dictate anything to you in appearance. A question arises: do you really from America?)
    4: It's just your opinion and nothing more so we back to "opinions"-offtopic.
    (Polygons and texture quality don't mean that they are "better", they could be made fully according to old consepts and with new polygons, so everything would look quite different, what proves, that word "better" isn't applicable here at all)
    And by the way - No, they are not
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-27 at 06:59 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's Vanilla. Vanilla had the old models. You should play with the old models.
    Wow, what a radical idea!
    If only 1% of these shitty forums had an ounce of the common sense that you have, we'd all be better off. But no. Lets ruin shit.

BE/NE/Draenei old models are gone
    not sure why you keen only mentioning those races by the way, all the other old models are gone too (undead male )

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    4 things OP

1: The only way you're getting vanilla in it's purest form is to literally build a time machine and go back in time. There will be changes. There already is with 13 years of computer technology progress. Even with old models we'll still be playing classic with better graphics than it ever actually had.

2: They did indeed add new ANIMATIONS in 7.3. Spriest has the most noticeable with some of them causing them to levitate and move their arms in a casting animation that didn't exist before. Every class/spec got these except for all lock specs and holy paladins. (Which probably will in the future).

3: I can't tell if you're a troll, or just moderately insane. "There is no option, so make it how I want it to be!" Which doesn't seem fair. In a democracy typically you go with the majority choice, however if possible you obviously attempt to please everyone. A toggle will please the majority. You can get all conspiracy theory "But meh nostalgia". But it doesn't really matter. This doesn't effect you and your paranoia about it effected you is nonsensical.

4: New character models are OBJECTIVELY better. You might dislike them aesthetically and that's a subjective viewpoint. However when you look at it from an objective viewpoint they are better. They have a higher poly count, they are capable of preforming more animations. They simply better empirically.

Like I could set my computer to a low resolution because I think games look better that way, or the nostalgia reminds me of eras long past. (Seriously WoW on lowest settings reminds me of PS1). But even if I like it better aesthetically it is still objectively inferior to using the highest resolution available.
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2017-11-16 at 08:14 AM.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Democracy utopia killed 10B people in the history. It does not exist and will never exist. Authoritarian is always much better than democracy.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.T...democracy.html

Democracy has brought societies which are monotonous and uniform, at least to some of the people who live in them. But not only that. Democracy has failed to bring utopia. That is, it has failed to bring into existence any proposed ideal society, or any other proposal of a 'utopian' type. Democracy itself can be labelled a 'utopia', and the present liberal-democratic societies are historically unique - nothing like them existed before the 19th century. So, in that sense, democracy has brought at least a new democratic society, which is itself an ideal society for some people. But nothing else. No dramatically new type of society has emerged among the democracies, differing from the standard model of these societies. And most liberal-democrats would in fact be hostile to the label 'utopia' being applied to these liberal-democratic societies.
    The liberal tradition is resolutely hostile to utopias: anti-utopianism seems a defining characteristic of liberal ideology. That hostility has shaped the present liberal-democratic societies. Liberal anti-utopianism and democratic anti-totalitarianism are in practice the same thing. Some liberals explicitly equate the two, and see totalitarianism as the result of utopian ideals. They believe that the 20th-century totalitarian regimes derive from the European utopian tradition. The early-modern ideal city, the ideal city-states of the type described in Thomas More's original book 'Utopia", were for them the source of all later evil. (Many postmodernists share this distaste for utopia, and the belief that there is a direct line from Thomas More to Auschwitz). In other words, there are liberal-democrats who believe that the political system should be so structured, as to save society from utopian experiments. To them, democracy is (at least partly) a mechanism to prevent utopia. I think they are right about the nature of democracy: but it is democracy, not utopia, which must disappear.

Poly count =/= objectively better. Sphere has infinite polygons. Do you want your character look like a sphere?

Your opinion is your opinion. I would also argue low details are much better since high details = characters look older. Just like your grandma looks older because her face has more details. That is exactly what I think of new models, too old.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-11-16 at 09:01 PM.