Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First of all, I'm melee. I can play a caster class but never as a main. I choose Paladin because I was bored of always being a warrior in every game I played, so I picked the Paladin, today twelve years later, I still main a Paladin and will as long as there's wow to be played.

I raid Mythic.

No pvp, no mythic plus(one a week for the cache ofc), just raiding.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-11-15 at 05:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really lucky in a way that my computer couldn't play Vanilla WoW (I hate a really crappy laptop at the time). That made it so I couldn't install the game again until I built a desktop during BC. The reason I said I was kind of lucky is that, BC made shaman available to the alliance. My friends from FFXI had moved over to WoW and were trying to get me to come play with them. I was a BLM main in FFXI, but had really started liking and playing BLU a lot more when they started talking to me about WoW. Reading about the character choices on the main screen, it seemed shaman was going to have the best mix of BLU/BLM in WoW, so I chose shaman. I've been a shaman ever since.

I have dozens of alts (11 at 110), but most of my characters are ENH shaman. I've stuck with ENH through all the good and bad and probably will as long as I play WoW. As far as content. I mainly do PVE, though I also enjoy PVP. I was a former hardcore raider, but now I'm happy doing heroic raiding and Mythic+ content. My favorite content is things like the mage tower because it offers a challenge that's all on me. If I screw up, its my fault, but when I get those kills, its more satisfying than most other PVE content. I'm going through and completing all 7 challenges on multiple classes to really learn what I can do in this game. Those mage towers are really good at making you think about the best way to play your class in ways you don't get to see in raid encounters very often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movement/Utility.

I've always preferred sword and board in RPGs, so I decided to play a class with a tanking spec (played a warrior for a while until mid-BC). I also like classes that can self-heal, so when I lost my old account and had to start over, choosing my main was a pretty easy choice.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-15 at 06:12 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Long ago, when I met my first guild via IRC.

We set up a website and everything, for Roleplaying, everyone had their characters set out long ago.

Started playing horde for Closed beta as we wanted the Alliance-launch experience to be fresh. Even tho a lot of them were secretly in Friend & Famila Alpha (I wasn't since I don't live in US).

First planned character was a Dwarf Hunter with a gun (you know, the iconic one with the bear they even showed at the Classic announcement), and I did do dungeons and UBRS on it.

Eventually when a raid guild needed mages my secondary character became my Vanilla raiding main through TBC. (Teri)

I did do alt raids/pvp on a Warrior/Priest too. So I got known to the tank/heal roles since Vanilla.

2008 I restarted on EU (Horde), and had a Warlock main, and then a Paladin main, until my 3 year break.

For Legion I don't really have a main right now.

For BfA might get back to getting some Alliance leveled to max level, as early as 7.3.5 maybe.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-15 at 06:07 PM.

I raid mythic and perhaps could be called semi hardcore. Yet... I choose my class at start of every expansion by what looks and feels good. How it looks is more important. As in how how abilities look visually and other such thing.
    Everything goes to that main.

Why I pick what looks best and not what performs best? Blizz changes stuff all the time. For legion I picked new class that is DH. It has been mid tier, top tier and basically shit tier. It doesnt matter what you pick, if you are going to stick with it entire expansion. If you fotm reroll after every class change, it matters, but not if you stick with one.

Atm I'm thinking of picking mage for BfA since the spell effects were upgraded and I love how fire mage looks.
    Last edited by Morae; 2017-11-15 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not playing a Paladin I'm not playing a fantasy RPG.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to change my main every expansion just to mix it up and keep things interesting. In Legion I chose Ele Sham because I absolutely loved the class design when I tried it in the Legion pre-patch.

I always keep my Druid as my main alt though, and at some point in the expansion Feral kind of overtook Ele as my main.

RIP Hunter.

I've changed it up a few times. In Vanilla it was mage because pvp was fun, right now it's druid because 4 specs, combat res and stealth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still didn't.

I want to be a priest because of the Shadow Priest's connection to the Old Gods.
    I want to be a warlock because of the cool variety of evil dps rotations and the presence of a floating, talking head.
    I want to be a mage because I want to control the Arcane.
    I want to be a monk because of the variety of roles, to be a martial artist and to cure by mists. To be an adventurer.
    I want to be a rogue so I could be a dark fighter of the shadows, to challenge the world against my fighting skills.
    I want to be a shaman so I could empower myself and deliver powerfull melee strikes, while being able to heal using the powers of the undersea depths.
    I want to be a death dnight so I can be a sturdy bastion of violent dark magic.

And, most of all, I want to be a Zandalari Troll.

I started WoW as a Warlock and for many years I was one. Then, in WoD, I changed to Monk so I could heal and tank. Then, I liked Healing more, and in Legion I made a Shaman, to that I could be melee, ranged and healer. But then, I saw that the Shadow Priests was the "I have the power of the Old Gods" class, so I changed to it, and the healing isn't bad. I will probably be a Zandalari Shadow Priest in BfA, but it's weird - to play one character, which got what I want, but lacks what the other options have.

My perfect class would be an leather/mail/plate wearing dark fighter with double swords and links to the Old Gods and twilight magicks (with the hability to heal!), but this doesn't exists -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked undead mage in Vanilla. Undead because of Cannibalism. Mage because of conjure food/water, blink, and portals. Leveled frost because AoE kiting. Raided fire because rolling ignite DPS.

Thought about druid for cat/cheetah speed boost running across map (ended up being 2nd character).

My guild was in need of a "mana battery" for raiding during Classic, so I went with a priest.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-11-15 at 06:19 PM.

I started as a druid, but went rogue for the legendary cata daggers, and now flip between rogue or pally (unwillingly), but I plan to main DH next expac. Sorry but double jump and glide are just too nice to have as QoL things when flying isn't available for blizz's inane reasons, and havoc still does decent DPS in raids. Not to mention they generally look pretty sweet. Otherwise it would've been rogue just cause they can at least stealth by most things, but overall slower going than a DH who can run in, then fel rush/glide and outrace any npc mob till they're snared back to their path.

always liked melee classes

preferred melee in other games, so a melee made the most sense to me. tried out a rogue wasnt too interested in it, so i made a warrior

this was in vanilla, and i continue to prefer warrior over all other classes, except perhaps a warlock or a priest

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Main character to me was rogue, though back in 2005 I didn't know what this is and I liked it. Today I don't have a main coz almost all characters are on the same level and archivements, it can be first created but that's just about it.

Gave up class loyaltee at the end of Cata. No point staying attached to something that isn't going to be balanced properly. Now I just play whatever looks fun but also isn't a dumpster.

Started in vanilla with an orc warrior. Actually cant remember for sure but I think I picked it because HULK SMASH. However in TBC I played on the PTR once and tried a couple of premade characters. Once a tried shadowpriest I fell In love with it and havent really looked back since. Since then Ive alternated between my warrior and priest and have yet to main any other class

10+ Year Old Account
    I always played archer types in everything I played. When I started wow I thought the Tauren looked awesome so I made one, shammy seemed cool so I went with that. About 30 mins later my buddy was all 'but I'm alliance you can't be horde'. So....nelf hunter was a pretty easy choice given the options back in like 1.2. I never really wanted a pet to deal with...I wanted to be a pure archer...ironic that it took them what 10-12 years to actually go that way with the class.

That was my exclusive toon for a long time, I refused to lvl another, I just focused on getting really good on my hunter. Then I made a lowbie druid, 'just for pvp twinking'. Within a month I had totally changed over to druid and was trying to convince my guild to raid a balance druid. For those who don't know, that was a massive deal back then. I ended up getting my raid slot changed to the druid at the very beginning of BC, initially a 'yeah prove this isn't a completely stupid idea'.

From BC on till now my main hasn't changed. In large part because of the effort I've put into it. I spent years farming achieves and reps and so on. How could I start over. It's kinda like playing a different MMO, they are all so similar to wow, how could I justify starting over when I have like 14 years of equity in this one.

So, I just keep the same main and lvl alts, I now have every class at 110, and thanks to the catchup mechanisms they are all geared too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Two mains, Ret Paladin for the dopest transmog in the game, and Arcane mage for the fact that it's awlays been about measuring mana use over time and hits like a magical truck.