Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will Toxicity exist on Classic Realms?

In your opinion, do you think there will be Toxic players on classic realms, or will most people be willing to help others and be kind to others because they are playing in the era or game format that they have been yearning for, for several years?

I kind of think there will be a mix. Maybe a little more on the Toxic side as people start to gear up and form guilds.

Human nature i think lends itself to toxicity.

I think that once people realize that in order to do a lot of things in the game, they have to be attuned to certain dungeons and raids, toxic attitudes will show themselves.

It's going to be the worst cesspool ever.

However, within that there will be pocket communities of people who are decent and hold each other accountable, because they'll need each other.

Deleted
    It will be worse than now

Scroll through this section of the forum. Here's your obvious answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope it's gonna be peaches and ice cream 100% of the time you will not find a single bad player.

lol this thread is ridiculous

Wait until people lose a roll on an important item, or just straight ninja it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Wait until people lose a roll on an important item, or just straight ninja it.
    If you decided to ninja items back in the day there were consequences, just like there will be in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In your opinion, do you think there will be Toxic players on classic realms, or will most people be willing to help others and be kind to others because they are playing in the era or game format that they have been yearning for, for several years?

I kind of think there will be a mix. Maybe a little more on the Toxic side as people start to gear up and form guilds.

I think that once people realize that in order to do a lot of things in the game, they have to be attuned to certain dungeons and raids, toxic attitudes will show themselves.
    The same people that play retail will be the ones you'll find in classic.
    If anything, people will be more toxic as it's much easier to waste peoples time in a vanilla version of the game and as everything takes a long time to do, time will be more valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varithimas View Post
    If you decided to ninja items back in the day there were consequences, just like there will be in classic.
    Actually, not really.

Only if we bring it there. Those that want to, and been wanting to, play on classic/vanilla servers will want to be grouped with similar minds. Those that go "For the lul's" will probably plant the seeds of toxicity.

Deleted
    Probably the most toxic and elitist community wow has ever had going to classic

Absolutely. Classic, even then, was a survival of the fittest, when it came to loot... any dirty trick worked and worked well back then. With players in charge of how loot is distributed, you will most definitely see a return to the looting issues of old, for sure.

yes, i remember on nostralius there would be a ton of racist/homophobic memes, im not sure if it was that way in actual classic but definitely since the "meme" streamers will be playing it you can expect a hell bunch of /pol memes and just general toxicity.

That was not the case. Most of the greatest "ninjaing" was done by loot councils, those that could easily establish larger raid groups.

Better question: How is everyone always taking your bait on this forum?

Deleted
    Well by 06-07 the game was incredibly toxic and elitist with many barriers to entry for alot of content some real and some player made. Tbc wasnt so much wanted for its new content as it was for its reset on the gear gap.

Still happened plenty of times.

And even then, unless you literally ninja an item every time / ID, it still takes a while until a lot of people take note of you as the "ninja looter".

Give me one online multiplayer game that doesn't have a toxic community, I really don't think there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    There was never a time when the WoW community was not toxic. The only thing that ever changed was your exposure to more and more people. WoW players are generally shitty people, overall.
    Its basically max level problems. When ur leveling the dungeons were back then as they are now pritty softly tuned so as long as you were the right level you could do em so no one really cared as long as you wernt on one of the specs that just didn't work.

When u hit max level shit changes the only way to keep feeding the progression without levels is via difficulty and in any team game where your success is dependant on others it's natural if you have choice to be selective then ur gonna have people left behind gear gaps grow, humans are inherently selfish for evolutionary reasons so in a game where catchup relys soly on charity it all gets toxic and messy a bit like victorian England :/

As with all things, there will be terrible people. Most people are simply selfish and the anonymity of the keyboard makes this even more possible. It will happen, but you will find kind people as well. Don't worry too much about it. If classic is for you then enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

I think you have to be naive to believe the toxicity levels have actually changed over the years. People are toxic period. They weren't any less toxic in vanilla. The original release of this game was a breeding ground for anti-social, narcissistic behavior. People being willing to hold their tongues and put up with that kind of bullshit for their own self-interest is not, not toxic. Its just unspoken. People confuse the rarity or lack of conflict as contentment.

That being said, people say Nostralius was quite friendly.