Thread: AK-47 or AR-15?

Deleted

AK-47 or AR-15?

Heard that culling moose is good pay, which of the guns above should i get?

Neither, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to hunt with a fuckin AK and if you are your country needs better gun control.

But assuming you are allowed to do it, the AK-47 is extraordinary when it comes to being wielded by someone that isn't good at guns. Its ability to resist harsh conditions with amateur/no maintenance is much better than american weapons, which can jam and break.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Heard that culling moose is good pay, which of the guns above should i get?
    Lol. Culling Moose? This should be in the Gun Control Thread, but to answer your question, I would prefer the AK 47 or a SKS. As they use a more powerful round generally. Not sure of all the calibers the AR 15 come in. But most I have seen use the .223 or 5.56. The AK -47 uses the 7.62. But then again, I am not a hunter, so there could be even better options.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, is the AK-47 going to be strong enough to fell a Moose? Those bulls can be big and mean, and I have a feeling that you'll injure it, causing it to suffer for a long time, rather than killing it outright. Any gun/hunting experts want to weigh in on this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol. Culling Moose? This should be in the Gun Control Thread, but to answer your question, I would prefer the AK 47 or a SKS. As they use a more powerful round generally. Not sure of all the calibers the AR 15 come in. But most I have seen use the .223 or 5.56. The AK -47 uses the 7.62. But then again, I am not a hunter, so there could be even better options.
    I heard these Finnish produced AK-47 or 74 are quite the stuff. Valmet i believe they are called.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Honestly, is the AK-47 going to be strong enough to fell a Moose? Those bulls can be big and mean, and I have a feeling that you'll injure it, causing it to suffer for a long time, rather than killing it outright. Any gun/hunting experts want to weigh in on this?
    Maybe an anti-tank rifle?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Neither, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to hunt with a fuckin AK and if you are your country needs better gun control.

But assuming you are allowed to do it, the AK-47 is extraordinary when it comes to being wielded by someone that isn't good at guns. Its ability to resist harsh conditions with amateur/no maintenance is much better than american weapons, which can jam and break.
    It is legal in many states in the Union, esp in the South for hunting wild boars. Which Texas alone, has millions of them. Of course the weapon being used would need to be semi-auto. I would assume. The SKS uses the same round and really, I prefer it to the AR 15. As it feels better to me. The butt stock fits more securely in my shoulder for one. Never shot a AK-47.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be one big pansy if you feel the need to hunt with a semi automatic rifle.

But go with the AR-15

Or just use a tank, I mean why not tenderize your meat at the same time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Culling moose with a ak or an ar? what? get yourself a good hunting rifle, .260cal at least, .308cal is good as well, usually you would never get close enough to take a reliable kill shot on a moose with a ak or an ar, (you can but is more difficult) you want to kill the moose with one shot in the heart and lung area, be a reliable hunter and kill the animal fast and not shot it full of holes.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a moose? None of the above the rounds are far too small. You want a 7 mag or a 300 Ultra mag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    You can kill a moose with a ak-47 with ease if you can get close enough and take a vital hit shot (lung and heart area above the front legs), the bullets of the ak are 7.62mm, that's .308cal, the bullets just need too be hollow points so it will expand in the animal and make more damage and not just shot out the other end without much damage, any good hunter wants to kill the animal fast and without pain, most people would probably think a headshot would be best, but that is very risky, you need to be 100% sure that you will hit and it won't bounce off or hit low and take the jaw or nose of the animal and making it suffer for a very long time.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    He's probably meaning mooselims and just got confused.
    Go back to /pol/ please.

Deleted
    Are you planning to get an AK-47 from a museum or something?
    Even if you get a classic one it's almost certainly going to be an AKM. If you buy it new, you'll most likely get an AK-74 or one of the AK-100 series.

Or you could get a hunting rifle like normal people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont troll the forum, and dont try and start gun control talk outside the megathread or major event threads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I heard these Finnish produced AK-47 or 74 are quite the stuff. Valmet i believe they are called.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe an anti-tank rifle?
    Nuke moose from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Too shoot an american school/church?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont troll the forum, and dont try and start gun control talk outside the megathread or major event threads

closing