Poll: Candidates for U.S 2020 Elections

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a libertarian even Gary Johnson over anyone on that list.

Ron Paul would be my pick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Elizabeth Warren, obviously. No one is more serious about taxing the rich, expanding healthcare, regulating business as Elizabeth Warren. And no one is as capable in articulating the political and intellectual case for liberal economic, redistributive policies as her. She will undo everything Trump has done.

Whoever becomes president must appoint Hillary Clinton as Attorney General. Why? To make Republican heads explode. Plus, she will clean house at FBI which is Trumpland filled with fervently biased Republican hacks.
    The policy direction you are talking about is a contradiction to liberal economic policies. Liberal economics emphasizes the market, laissez-faire policies, and government's limited role to providing support services. Warren may be very confused about economics.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The policy direction you are talking about is a contradiction to liberal economic policies. Liberal economics emphasizes the market, laissez-faire policies, and government's limited role to providing support services. Warren may be very confused about economics.
    No. That's neoliberalism.

Liberals advocate for a market-based economy, with strong regulations to maximize social welfare, government interventions to fix market failures, and a social safety net that takes care of people so that they have the freedom to pursue their goals. A mixed market model.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-11-20 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's alright. I know between trying to blame Russians for the loss, whining about the pointless popular vote and calling everyone that didn't vote for Clinton evil, it's hard to not make it obvious you think the election was illegitimate and Clinton deserved to win.

The sooner people come to grasps with it, the sooner we can move forward.
    What I see as being hard, is your ability to actually respond to what I am saying. Quote me saying anything, of the many things you just claimed, or you are just a liar. What I don’t understand, is how you are saying ‘as soon as people come to grasp with it’ when I said nothing that you claim I did. It sounds like you are the only one in our conversation that needs to get a grasp...

Why do you lie about what I am saying? You are not the only one to do this. But, why can’t you just stop posting, when you have nothing else to say? Why lie about what I’m saying, just so you can respond with bullshit? What drives this need? What are you so afraid of?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    How is she Ultra-extreme left? She's just regular left, same as Bernie.
    Elizabeth Warren is not even close to main stream democrat in the US, maybe in Denmark, but not here. Shes further left than Bernie, and hes already considered to be fringe. Also, you've got to love her stance on income inequality while she earns $400,000 a semester at Harvard to teach one class, shes also got the job by saying shes part native American, which was proven completely false.

She is not the face I want as the leader of the democratic party, shes a fringe feminist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Elizabeth and Bernie are centrist, SLIGHTLY left leaning. They aren't anywhere near "extreme left".
    In the US they absolutely are, maybe not in some EU countries, but here, they are absolutely far to the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberals advocate for a market-based economy, with strong regulations to maximize social welfare, government interventions to fix market failures, and a social safety net that takes care of people so that they have the freedom to pursue their goals. A mixed market model.
    What he described is actually "classical-liberalism" which is now essentially libertarianism. What you're describing is Marxism / neo-liberalism. Also, please don't like wikipedia as a source, that shits trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What I see as being hard, is your ability to actually respond to what I am saying. Quote me saying anything, of the many things you just claimed, or you are just a liar. What I don’t understand, is how you are saying ‘as soon as people come to grasp with it’ when I said nothing that you claim I did. It sounds like you are the only one in our conversation that needs to get a grasp...

Why do you lie about what I am saying? You are not the only one to do this. But, why can’t you just stop posting, when you have nothing else to say? Why lie about what I’m saying, just so you can respond with bullshit? What drives this need? What are you so afraid of?
    Then go ahead and please lay out the reason you and several other people on this board insist that 3 million votes mean something when it is blatantly obvious it is fully meaningless.

It's not a magical word that negates an election that took place. And it ignores things like the avarice, sloth and pride that made those 3 million votes meaningless.

If Donny steps down after fours I’m voting Ben sharpiro. We need someone who has strong moral conviction and desires to have unified country. Plus it would not be bad to have a Jewish president considering we all ready had our first bi racial president. Otherwise it would be ted Cruz or Marco Rubio since they are both Hispanic.

Then go ahead and please lay out the reason you and several other people on this board insist that 3 million votes mean something when it is blatantly obvious it is fully meaningless.

It's not a magical word that negates an election that took place. And it ignores things like the avarice, sloth and pride that made those 3 million votes meaningless.
    It's meaningless in the context of the election results, but there are a couple of things to point out:
    1) In any other democratic country, it would've been a win, and
    2) losing a popular vote indicates a failure to win a mandate. Barely winning a tightly contested race should mean something as to how you govern.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It's meaningless in the context of the election results, but there are a couple of things to point out:
    1) In any other democratic country, it would've been a win, and
    2) losing a popular vote indicates a failure to win a mandate. Barely winning a tightly contested race should mean something as to how you govern.
    1. And if we were playing Team Deathmatch or Free For All, that 5.0 KDR might have meant something.
    2. No one will admit weakness or concede the presidency if they don't have this mandate, so that circles back to being a useless concept in this scenario.

Again I say, change the rules instead of complaining afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account

In reality, even Trump called for a revolution, when he claimed Romney won popular vote. All I’m saying, is ignoring the fact that it happened, won’t change or prevent it from happening again. Pointing out that it happened, is the only way to make an impression that it shouldn’t.

There is no law preventing you from thinking the popular vote matters to you. There is nothing wrong with thinking that the popular vote should mater more.

That’s fine, if you favor the republic, in our Democratic Republic. Other people, which includes my self, believes that the state Americans live in, should carry less weight than it does in a Federal election.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

1. And if we were playing Team Deathmatch or Free For All, that 5.0 KDR might have meant something.
    2. No one will admit weakness or concede the presidency if they don't have this mandate, so that circles back to being a useless concept in this scenario.

Again I say, change the rules instead of complaining afterwards.
    The rules aren't going to change until we get people talking about it, pushing for it, etc. Changing the rules starts with "complaining afterwards."

And as to #2, of course nobody is going to "admit weakness," but anyone with any political sense is going to realize that acting like their mandate is stronger than it is will almost certainly result in a backlash.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-11-20 at 08:37 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The rules aren't going to change until we get people talking about it, pushing for it, etc. Changing the rules starts with "complaining afterwards."
    It’s interesting to see someone who claims that others cannot handle a loss, going all ‘capture the flag’, simply because someone is saying Hillary won the popular vote. I don’t understand why that’s so hard to admit... it’s not like anyone is denying Trump won the presidency... while he has major issues with someone saying she won the popular vote. It’s 100% projecting...

I'd take a well spoken, charismatic, democrat that doesn't believe in purity tests and doesn't have any baggage.

After that pretty much every democrat on the list before Bernie, then Bernie. Hillary isn't going to run again.

5+ Year Old Account

That's social democracy though

Liberalism is lasseiz faire
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Sorry, but I don't think businessmen with no government experience are the answer. I submit Trump as exhibits A through Z.

You would vote for Pedo Joe? I actually hope he runs, it will be a glorious internet takedown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    You would vote for Pedo Joe? I actually hope he runs, it will be a glorious internet takedown.
    Says the person running interference in the Roy Moore thread.

Besides, you don't think Pedos are a big deal. Or as you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    That's sounds like something that happens every week. Usually a one day news event.
    Anyway, as I've stated elsewhere Biden isn't my first choice given his age. But given the rather terrible list put together he's definitely in the "less bad" camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamala Harris 2020 unless someone comes out with sexual misconduct allegations against her.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Kamala Harris 2020 unless someone comes out with sexual misconduct allegations against her.
    This one time in band camp...

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Elizabeth Warren is not even close to main stream democrat in the US, maybe in Denmark, but not here. Shes further left than Bernie, and hes already considered to be fringe. Also, you've got to love her stance on income inequality while she earns $400,000 a semester at Harvard to teach one class, shes also got the job by saying shes part native American, which was proven completely false.
    Easy to do a quick search and verify for yourself that there's just no evidence she got the job by saying she's Native American (by the way, I've never asked my parents for documentation about our ethnic background--like most people, I pretty much just believe what they've told me). And given the contempt with which we treat poor people in this country (in other words, not our most highly listened to citizens), I am all for people with power and privilege taking a stand against income inequality. What a specious argument. This whole thing reads like a pack of Fox News / Breitbart talking point lies (now she's a "fringe feminist," too).

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Easy to do a quick search and verify for yourself that there's just no evidence she got the job by saying she's Native American (by the way, I've never asked my parents for documentation about our ethnic background--like most people, I pretty much just believe what they've told me). And given the contempt with which we treat poor people in this country (in other words, not our most highly listened to citizens), I am all for people with power and privilege taking a stand against income inequality. What a specious argument. This whole thing reads like a pack of Fox News / Breitbart talking point lies (now she's a "fringe feminist," too).
    Lmao, if you think i'm regurgitating "Fox News and Breitbart" go for it, I would actually like to win the next election, and running this hack isn't going to get a W. Some of you fucking idiots want to run a candidate who can barely garner enough support to be elected in MA, i live in her district, everyone absolutely hates her. Also, you might believe what your parents tell you about your ethnic background, but you also don't go throwing it around as an oppressed card, to get high paying jobs at the nations most prestigious college. If you really want her to run, that's on you, but shes never going to get elected, you might as well run Hillary again, I listed several amazing options for candidates and yet people keep insisting on having Elizabeth Warren? is that a joke?

Yes, is it awful that we have poor people in the US? yes, its awful, but there are poor people literally everywhere in the world. Here in the US, people living in poverty still enjoy the highest standard of living in the entire world. But, what would i like to see come out of the next election? After we get a win, if we don't run this hack, we could actually fix our shitty healthcare system, which would have a massive bolstering effect for our people in poverty. After that, we can look at other issues, but that should be the major issue at hand, make it a single payer system.

But no please, lets run the candidate who calls out white privileged, white male fragility, the "patriarchy", and toxic masculinity, that will go over so well with the voting base! Its not like half of the country is a bunch of men or something! This woman is toxic.