Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Senator Al Franken accused of sexual assault

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

Quote from the woman:

You knew exactly what you were doing. You forcibly kissed me without my consent, grabbed my breasts while I was sleeping and had someone take a photo of you doing it, knowing I would see it later, and be ashamed.
    Statement from Al Franken:

Obviously the behavior is unacceptable. He should resign.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Let's agree Franken resigns right after Trump does.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

Quote from the woman:

Statement from Al Franken:

Wow, the right is getting super desperate to deflect from Moore. Aside from the glaring contradiction in her own statement (she was asleep but "knew he forcibly kissed her"), Franken ISN'T grabbing her breasts, and he is doing something funny.

When is Trump resigning again?

When is Moore resigning again?

Please keep your faux morale outrage in check - it's just silly.

I agree. Democrat or Republican, we have no place for sexual harassment in our country.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I agree. Democrat or Republican, we have no place for sexual harassment in our country.
    And if this was sexual harassment, something should be done. But since it isn't, let's get the faux moral outrage machine running.

I mean, jesus, read her own version of it. This is really an attack on people who were actually sexually assaulted. She should be ashamed for demeaning their real assaults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wow, the right is getting super desperate to deflect from Moore. Aside from the glaring contradiction in her own statement (she was asleep but "knew he forcibly kissed her"), Franken ISN'T grabbing her breasts, and he is doing something funny.

When is Trump resigning again?

When is Moore resigning again?

Please keep your faux morale outrage in check - it's just silly.
    The kissing didn't happen while she was sleeping. Read the article.

This isn't about Trump or Moore. It's about sexual assault being wrong.
    Eat yo vegetables

And if this was sexual harassment, something should be done. But since it isn't, let's get the faux moral outrage machine running.
    Read the article... It's pretty bad. I actually like Franken and am pretty disappointed by this.

What should happen is people should be interviewed and an investigation should take place. If more people come out he's toast.

The difference between the Moore situation and this is that the investigation has basically been done by the Post (30 corroborating accounts, mall bannings, year book, etc...).

As someone who has been sexually harassed at work, this stuff isn't faux outrage.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-11-16 at 04:58 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I did read the article, but the title is really misrepresenting the facts.

Let's see your posts about calling for Moore and Trump to resign, then. If you're really outraged by sexual assault, then we can look forward to your consistent behavior transitioning party lines, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Let's agree Franken resigns right after Trump does.
    Seems fair, and Moore resigns straight up front.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Let's see your posts about calling for Moore and Trump to resign, then. If you're really outraged by sexual assault, then we can look forward to your consistent behavior transitioning party lines, right?
    I'm as liberal as they come. Check out my other comments.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Read the article... It's pretty bad. I actually like Franken and am pretty disappointed by this.

What should happen is people should be interviewed and an investigation should take place. If more people come out he's toast.

The difference between the Moore situation and this is that the investigation has basically been done by the Post (30 corroborating accounts, mall bannings, year book, etc...).

As someone who has been sexually harassed at work, this stuff isn't faux outrage.
    It's not pretty bad, it's a pathetic attempt at getting some limelight - and it's her version of a rehearsal in which they were supposed to kiss. She is demeaning you and everyone else who was actually sexually assaulted by doing what she's done here.

And I've called for Louie CK and Spacey and others to GTFO - because those guys were wrong. And sexual assault is wrong. Unfortunately, this isn't sexual assault.

It's not pretty bad, it's a pathetic attempt at getting some limelight - and it's her version of a rehearsal in which they were supposed to kiss. She is demeaning you and everyone else who was actually sexually assaulted by doing what she's done here.

And I've called for Louie CK and Spacey and others to GTFO - because those guys were wrong. And sexual assault is wrong. Unfortunately, this isn't sexual assault.
    Her article states that she was asleep when that photo was taken. If that's the case, that's totally not ok. If they contact the photographer or others there and the corroborate her story, then he should absolutely resign. It gives more credence to the kiss.

10+ Year Old Account

What is misrepresented? He posed for a pictures grabbing her breasts while she was asleep. That's wrong.

Again. This isn't about Moore or Trump. But you're free to check my posting history.
    Eat yo vegetables

He didn't grope her breasts, he pretended to. It's still wrong, but, it's not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The kiss portion of it is the sketchy part.

10+ Year Old Account

If he os guilty of sexual harassment then deal with him like the rest.

Wait a minute...did YOU read the article?

She completly describes the nature of the show, what they were rehearsing, and why Frankin was kissing her. She points out she is was aware of all of that, even the nature of some skits in SNL. She then agrees to rehearse the kiss, her own words. Frankin didnt force her, didnt threaten to end her career, none of that.

She says that IN HER HEAD, she didnt want to do it.As far as I know, 99.9% of people cant read minds. If you dont consent to something and are still being forced to do it, you still declare your disagreement. If a cop says he is going to search your car, you can still verbally decline so you can say you didnt consent to it when the choice has been taken away from you.

As for the picture, nature of the environment. Misconduct in any other situation, should just avoid such things since they can obviously be used against you in the future. Everyone knows how PC Conservatives are....wait. If innuendo is now on the chopping block then we're going to have to impeach the entire world.

"Dont compare it to Moore". Can we not play the game of feigning ignorance as to why this story came out? I bet Frankin will glady take his L if means those who did far worse are held accountable for theirs.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-11-16 at 05:20 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is kind of a tricky issue. If he actually did it, then yeah he should resign.

However, there are some decent holes in her story, the picture doesn't show that he actually touched her, and she's a hyper partisan hack who made an initial name for herself on Hannity and Red Eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I liked Franken a lot and had hoped he'd run for POTUS, but he should probably step aside now.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    I liked Franken a lot and had hoped he'd run for POTUS, but he should probably step aside now.
    Stepping aside for just a single accusation is a bit much. Moore has a legacy of shit behind him that back up the accusations whereas this is a single time comment from someone who's a career hyper partisan nutter.

It absolutely warrants an apology and proper investigation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    This is kind of a tricky issue. If he actually did it, then yeah he should resign.

However, there are some decent holes in her story, the picture doesn't show that he actually touched her, and she's a hyper partisan hack who made an initial name for herself on Hannity and Red Eye.
    Right, they should investigate. The difference between Moore and Franken situation is that the investigation has been done in the Moore situation and there's a ton of evidence.

We should also find out about all the sexual harassment situations in Congress that have resulted in $15m in payouts.