Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, cause that makes you not an American. Being pedantic as shit gets you nowhere in life.

OT: Of course, because Trump's actual mission while in office is to make our country into as big of a joke as possible. I'd say he's ahead of the curve at this point.
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tizenship.html

Bye. Take care, brush your hair. Hasta la vista. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Think about all those poor elephant trophy dealers who went out of business!!
    Now they can finally go back to what they used to do when America was great, and put the meat back on the table for their families!

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Think about all those poor elephant trophy dealers who went out of business!!
    Now they can finally go back to what they used to do when America was great, and put the meat back on the table for their families!

/s
    Sarcasm fails when your premise is completely false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tizenship.html

Bye. Take care, brush your hair. Hasta la vista. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
    oh yes because killing off endangered species so we can hang stupid trophies so rich men can compensate for other areas is such a great fucking idea.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    something is missing in this article as it doesn't exactly list who approved this or why. it just basically says it happened but not what specific persons authorized it.
    Looks like it was the department of the interior. https://blog.humanesociety.org/wayne...-policies.html

Men hunting big game for sport to deflect from the fact that they've got tiny dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Europeans gloating about how backward this decision is, while not realizing that the EU made a similar decision back in 2015.
    I don't support this decision, but EU is a thousand times worse than Trump. If you think EU is good then you know nothing about politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    Looks like it was the department of the interior. https://blog.humanesociety.org/wayne...-policies.html
    i mean more specifically what specific person authorized this and why? the article just implies a relationship. no clear motive is given. not that i'm denying it happened but details are somewhat lacking in what went down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Men hunting big game for sport to deflect from the fact that they've got tiny dicks.
    and you get a dead elephant! and you get a dead elephant! and you get a dead elephant!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    oh yes because killing off endangered species so we can hang stupid trophies so rich men can compensate for other areas is such a great fucking idea.
    The rhinos eagerly await your hunt-free $350k donation to conservation causes.
    Last edited by Gutpile; 2017-11-16 at 07:38 PM.

I'm surprised at how people actually sugar coat this really. Yes, it may be apparently 350,000$ without any source to validate the cost... Or actually where the money goes realistically.

I don't get how logically people will discern that hunting is better than poaching because it's a transaction but never doubt the validity of actually where that money is going, or really have any sources in how much that is.

350k seems rather cherry picked considering Africa is pretty much in a state of near ruin... And super inflation too, you think it's actually 350k? And a straight off the bat, that high?

I mean, it's understood that poachers cause issues and that hunting costs with apparent efforts going to conservation but... honestly you are really naive if you expect all that money 100% to go back into making those the fellow endangered animals better off with a country literally with the widest poverty to poor gap, now under a coup d'etat with the removal of Mugabe by military force.

I don't have proof either but I'm not convinced by either side that it's one or the other, both are just as bad and to blindly believe one and be sceptical of another seems really convenient for arguments sake.

It's glossed over that hunting and poaching together has been the cause for why Elephants have gone into endangered species act, because those two together have happened for centuries.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-16 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politi...bia/index.html

Excerpt from the article below:

I can't fathom why in the world this is ok. They're an endangered species and while we can't control what happens in those countries the US can control incentivizing Americans to go over and kill elephants. Also the whole argument being made by the pro elephant murdering that it's "conservation". Conservation of what?? They're fucking endangered!! If anyone thinks they can come up with an argument for why this should be ok or killing elephants ok, I'm all ears.

Overall petition to the UN to ban all trophy hunting: https://www.change.org/p/united-nati...g-stop-imports
    Why isn't it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I'm surprised at how people actually sugar coat this really. Yes, it may be apparently 350,000$ without any source to validate the cost... Or actually where the money goes realistically.

I don't get how logically people will discern that hunting is better than poaching because it's a transaction but never doubt the validity of actually where that money is going, or really have any sources in how much that is.

350k seems rather cherry picked considering Africa is pretty much in a state of near ruin... And super inflation too, you think it's actually 350k? And a straight off the bat, that high?

I mean, it's understood that poachers cause issues and that hunting costs and the efforts go to conservation but... honestly you are really naive if you expect all that money 100% to go back into making those the fellow endangered animals better off. I don't have proof but to blindly believe one and be sceptical of another seems really convenient for arguments sake.
    You can choose to believe it or not. The FACT of the matter is that the number of animals killed by trophy hunters are a drop in the bucket compared to how many are killed by poaching. And the FACT is, poaching doesn't do a thing for conservation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gged-his-prey/
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ersial-auction

When the fuck are we impeaching this piece of shit

Very bad move. Couldn't imagine once a US president/cabinet makes so big amount of wrong decisions.

You can choose to believe it or not. The FACT of the matter is that the number of animals killed by trophy hunters are a drop in the bucket compared to how many are killed by poaching. And the FACT is, poaching doesn't do a thing for conservation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gged-his-prey/
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ersial-auction
    The FACT is, you're trying to make it actually meaningful by the fact the money goes somewhere, but not question where and who receives the actual money no?

You just basically conformed to what I was stating, convenient to argument's sake.

It's glossed over that hunting and poaching together has been the cause for why Elephants have gone into endangered species act in the first place, because those two together have happened for centuries to cause that. Hunting before these legislation of the modern era was passed was unregulated, we also don't know how many were killed but we do know a species like the Dodo was extinct thanks to hunting and poaching.

Also your articles is for 1 man in a biding war basically, it's not said for every single one.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-16 at 07:52 PM.

Can we just start hunting pandas? Keeping them alive costs too much and they clearly just want to die off already.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    The FACT is, you're trying to make it actually meaningful by the fact the money goes somewhere, but not question where and who receives the actual money no?

You just basically conformed to what I was stating, convenient to argument's sake.

It's glossed over that hunting and poaching together has been the cause for why Elephants have gone into endangered species act in the first place, because those two together have happened for centuries to cause that. Hunting before these legislation of the modern era was passed was unregulated, we also don't know how many were killed but we do know a species like the Dodo was extinct thanks to hunting and poaching.

Also your articles is for 1 man in a biding war basically, it's not said for every single one.
    I'd imagine the money is, at least partially, going to the right places. Because Animal conservation is still a thing that is happening there. Locals aren't doing it for free, that's for sure. They have enough on their plate as it is. And really doubt donations are enough to run the whole show.

And nobody turned protection of dodos into a business, that was funded by killing them. Might have worked, but probably not.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-16 at 08:02 PM.

The rhinos eagerly await your hunt-free $350k donation to conservation causes.
    I agree with the current need for recreational hunting in places that need to conservation funding, but such targets are still carefully selected and endangered species are (or should) be a complete no-go.

This move simply opens up opportunity for poachers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Look, it's a shithole African 3rd world country. Google "African rhino conservation". I bet you think that corrupt African governments choose to spend their own money on all these conservation projects, don't you?

And again, no. Legal hunting doesn't have a FRACTION of the effect on animal populations that poaching does. Not a fraction of a fraction.

Look, it's a shithole African 3rd world country. Google "African rhino conservation". I bet you think that corrupt African governments choose to spend their own money on all these conservation projects, don't you?

And again, no. Legal hunting doesn't have a FRACTION of the effect on animal populations that poaching does. Not a fraction of a fraction.
    If you actually read my original post, I said that both sides are muted for convenient argumental gain and that people cherry pick to suit their arguments, but nice try to pretend you know what's being said mid conversation flow.