Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Except that was post Druid Talent changes.

Prior to that, no, not all specs were viable.

Guy very clearly never played vanilla if he thinks all specs were viable.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Guy very clearly never played vanilla if he thinks all specs were viable.
    he got shut down and ran away. he is a liar plain and SIMPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you couldnt have a pally tank on that boss. you needed a taunt swap and paladins didnt have taunt lol
    prot pally tank was really only good for strat 45 min runs and scholo because of the undead damage bonus, but only after you had the gear to make it trivial. lack of taunt and no mana/plus spell damage gear for pally tanks made gearing impossible.
    As a trash tank, which I was speaking of? It happened more frequently than you remembered.

Edit: I should say more frequently, but not on a level that meant a damn thing. Top guilds never ran anything but Warriors.

Edit 2: Ah, I think I forgot to mention some shit. My mistake, I am a bit tired. I was derailed in my own head thinking of trash pulls and meant to say that they are acceptable because you can do that, and sometimes OT for bosses bosses when tanks go down because they could get to a point where CB weren't as dangerous. My mistake.
    Last edited by Sorcath; 2017-11-17 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    ''WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences''

Are better graphics moving away from the community and inconveniences? No
    Are more balanced specs moving away from the community and inconveniences? No, class balance isn't a QoL convenience change.
    You can play your class however you want in vanilla. The only limitation is in raids and that is part of the inconveniences. So why waste time on something that works already outside of raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Except that was post Druid Talent changes.

Prior to that, no, not all specs were viable.
    There was also more NR leather accesible, that is why druid tanks were used on Huruan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    As a trash tank, which I was speaking of? It happened more frequently than you remembered.
    eh, yea but having hearth back to wherever, respec, get summoned back, etc every fight was very annoying. we used a paladin tank for bugs in the twin emps room, but he was holy and just put righteous fury on and healed the shit out of himself while standing in consecrate. very good way to clear that annoying ass room. really had no room for prot paladins in my guild back then. we had one feral who was literally only there for the crit buff to our melee group, and 1-2 boomkins for our mages.

luckily i played a fury warrior and off tanked very little. even got my thunderfury quest done and used it as fury all the way till gruuls lair lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Wtf are you smooking meeting Stones did not make groups.
    Actually, they did. Noone used them for that, but they did You could even join the queue from Innkeeper.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of debuff slots on bosses. If it's 8, like in the original then definitely not. Why bring a Druid who would ALMOST do as much DPS as a Mage, but take their debuff slot from them when you could just stack Mages, Rogues, Warriors(remember, threat was BUILT back in the day with debuffs), etc?

Even with the expansion of more slots later in Vanilla, you compete with more important debuffs like Warlocks. Mangle is not that important except to other DPS Druids, who would also be doing sub par DPS. Those slots opened up just meant pure DPS classes got more slots to apply DPS management.

You'll just have to settle for being good at PvP.
    Yep, kicking ignite debuff of the table is no good

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    There was also more NR leather accesible, that is why druid tanks were used on Huruan.
    the problem with that was the lack of "tanking" leather resist gear. you sacrificed what little defense rating and dodge you had in favor of nature resist leather. it worked better on a tauren because the inflated health pool would allow you to take more crushing blows, but as you can see in the video that guild almost wiped because the druid died to crushing blows.

They definitely did need a debuff, although I don't recall. I never played a Druid myself.
    Maul, Swipe, Faerie Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    eh, yea but having hearth back to wherever, respec, get summoned back, etc every fight was very annoying. we used a paladin tank for bugs in the twin emps room, but he was holy and just put righteous fury on and healed the shit out of himself while standing in consecrate. very good way to clear that annoying ass room. really had no room for prot paladins in my guild back then. we had one feral who was literally only there for the crit buff to our melee group, and 1-2 boomkins for our mages.

luckily i played a fury warrior and off tanked very little. even got my thunderfury quest done and used it as fury all the way till gruuls lair lol
    Yeah, I got tripped up in my head. Added that as an edit note. I forgot to mention it as a trash tank but almost every guild I recall used to solely run Warriors even for that(for the very reason you mention). I don't recall Twins that much, but I also don't recall using anything but Warrior.

Sorry about the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Have you seen how Feral is currently played on private servers? It's certainly not unviable
    you mean by spam farming 1 item from dungeon that gives them relatively short burst and he is viable ony on sub 1 minute kills ?

sure we have seen them

enjoy being resto spec innervate bit.h for actual healers aka priest/paladins.

honestly at this point i wish - i really wish they leave specs without balancing so that people see for themselves that if you are not warrior/ priest&paladin heal , mage , rogue you have nothing to look for in endgame. (besides ocasional 1 lock to buff mages and 1 hunt for tranq shot)

would be really hilalrius to see all those who claim how other specs were viable whining on forums that no guild recrutis them and they are ignored when dungeon groups are formed and bitching that raids dps roster consist of 10 warrios dps 10 mages and 10 rogues +1 lock and 1 hunter.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-11-17 at 07:44 AM.

Yeah, I got tripped up in my head. Added that as an edit note. I forgot to mention it as a trash tank but almost every guild I recall used to solely run Warriors even for that(for the very reason you mention). I don't recall Twins that much, but I also don't recall using anything but Warrior.

Sorry about the confusion.
    yea we only used a warrior on twins, but the bug spawns were really easy to deal with with a holy paladin spaming fol with rf on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean by spam farming 1 item from dungeon that gives them relatively short burst and he is viable ony on sub 1 minute kills ?

sure we have seen them

enjoy being resto spec innervate bit.h for actual healers aka priest/paladins.
    basically this
    are you talking about mcp?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    keep telling yourself that
    What? Did you actually listen to him?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    they're not going to balance the classes lol..
    Can't wait for people to start bitching about unbalanced classes/specs, the tears are going to be so sweet..

Great news! I hope people will stop now making threads asking for x,y,z to be added...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Is feral viable dps on live atm? It is? Then play it there.

I think you're making the mistake of arguing like this is a brand new MMO launching in the current gaming market. In which case, of course, you'd want well balanced classes.

But this isn't a brand new MMO. This is a snapshot into a 13 year old game's history in its original form for people to experience in all its glory and frustration. With that comes "questionable" design decisions from the time it was current. If that isn't for you, ye have been warned. Stay away and keep playing live where your feral druid is perfectly viable at dps'ing.

Vanilla is vanilla is vanilla. There is no argument here. I'm not even sure what you're arguing for lol. It sounds like you're just wanting another retail WoW with less raids, races, continents, bg's, classes, etc etc. What you want already exists lol. Just play your retail version with all your QOL "improvements" and leave the classic servers alone.
    Hey @jackofwind, this is what I was talking about last night. This guy knows what I want better than I do. Great way of debating, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Because, Feral wasn't that bad of DPS in Vanilla. Just hard to play and one of the more complex playstyles. Basically, as everything else in Vanilla when people complain. Get good or quit.
    There are several reasons Why feral wasnt/isnt viable on classic servers and skilll had absolutely nothing to do with it. One of the main reasons is lack of gear and debuff slots.

I swear there are more salty vanilla fans in this thread alone then there are anti vanilla people in total lol.

I bet most of you have never even had a lvl 60

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And then, all of a sudden all the "OMFG MUH RET DEEPZ SUX, GAEM BS" crowd comes out of the woodwork expecting to deal the same damage than a squishy Rogue or Mage. Guess what, you can't, and shouldn't be able to. If you want to deal damage, roll a freaking Mage, Rogue, Warlock or Warrior (although you will need comparatively more gear and you will level slower with the latter). If you roll a Paladin, you are rolling a Warcraft Paladin, not a Diablo 2 one, so you will have to support your team. Deal with it.
    Apparently dictating how others play is a vital for you. What makes you feel entitled to do so?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What will be even more interesting is to see the take up of classic.. Because gauging by some of the posts on this topic, how they come off as snobbish elitist douche bags can you imagine classic servers full of people like that.. Will be interesting to see how long it will be, before folks leave the servers to get away from such a toxic atmosphere..

Will have to watch the full thing when I get home. Will be interesting to see what they are on about.