Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    So again. Meeting stones randomly creating groups is different from lfg how exactly?
    Because even BC LFG is more convenient, you have access to it from everywhere.
    With the meeting stones, socializing is still the most efficient way to form a group, thus people communicate more.
    It's not a big difference, but it exists nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Blizzard have stated they didn't have a class design [balance] philosophy back then in hindsight.... don't make claims on their behalf that they won't until they actually specifically say as such themselves.
    We won.. deal with it
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Because even BC LFG is more convenient, you have access to it from everywhere.
    With the meeting stones, socializing is still the most efficient way to form a group, thus people communicate more.
    It's not a big difference, but it exists nevertheless.
    Except, BC LFG didn't automatically invite people to groups (that I recall, someone feel free to correct me).

Vanilla "LFG" did automatically invite people.

At this point I think I will just wait to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Players of what? It was a google form where any random troll could participate.
    Sounds like you're in denial.. people want updated graphics they must be trolls. Get real kid.
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-11-17 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Exactly. While the old game was by no means perfectly balanced, the main difference to today is that it had a completely different way of balancing.
    the main difference you fail to see is that nowadays people have different way to seek efficiency

thats why things like "lfm 940 + for mythic 0 , if you are not that gfto" happen

claiming that is suddenly wont happen on vanilla realms is denial.

it will be just 5-6 spec/class combination and rest can "gtfo"

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Except, BC LFG didn't automatically invite people to groups (that I recall, someone feel free to correct me).

Vanilla "LFG" did automatically invite people.
    Indeed, in TBC it was more of a "I declare myself available" (through UI), then group leaders would invite you.
    In Vanilla, you clicked the meeting stone or went to an innkeeper to say you are available. When you do it, this place your whole group in the "pool" or only you if you're alone. Then the game see in the pool "there is a group 1healer+2 dps, a lone tank, and a lone dps, let's gather them all" and you're invited.

Personally I dislike both systems. But I'm not a good reference, I would make vanilla even harder if I could.
    Anyway those both systems are still far better than the monstruosity 3.3 brought.
    Last edited by Koward; 2017-11-17 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    We won.. deal with it
    so claim antivaccinators

time will wipe out both

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    We won.. deal with it
    They haven't even figured what they're doing yet themselves... so don't make wishful claims without actual facts to back it up, which are currently none... makes yourself look like a jackass.

My only point is that I think a lot of people asking for "Pure Vanilla" don't truly even know what they're asking for.
    most of people asking for pure vanilla do it to troll people

and idiots are geting baited thinking that thats what people want

3/4 of "purist" who write now on mmochamp wont even hit 60 i bet you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Indeed, it was more of a "I declare myself available" (through UI), then group leaders would invite you.
    Personally I dislike both systems. But I'm not a good reference, I would make vanilla even harder if I could.
    We may have have different ideas of harder but I would as well. I just don't see any reason in keeping annoying quirks that add nothing.

Vanilla wasn't what it was because certain specs weren't functional. I didn't enjoy dungeons because there wasn't a summoning stone outside. Auction Houses being limited to Orgrimmar & Ironforge didn't add to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    ''WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences''

Are better graphics moving away from the community and inconveniences? No
    Are more balanced specs moving away from the community and inconveniences? No, class balance isn't a QoL convenience change.
    Playing a useless spec seems like an inconvenience to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It also doesn't preclude small balancing changes.
    If they do small balance changes, chance is those changes might snowball into other changes...so these small changes MUST be extremely minor to a point where there is no snowball effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    That's fine and expected to be honest, even the dev said that.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

We may have have different ideas of harder but I would as well. I just don't see any reason in keeping annoying quirks that add nothing.

Vanilla wasn't what it was because certain specs weren't functional. I didn't enjoy dungeons because there wasn't a summoning stone outside. Auction Houses being limited to Orgrimmar & Ironforge didn't add to the experience.
    Well that's somehow unrelated to the LFG tools debate.
    I don't care about spec balance, but I don't like summoning stones because only 3 people would move their ass to the dungeon while the others would keep doing quests and that pissed me off. Like working in a team where you're the only one actually doing the job. Exact same feeling. So 2 solutions : either TP everybody (Live) or nobody (Vanilla), and I prefer the second one. Not to mention more players on the roads => more randomness and encounters, but that's just bonus.

And I agree about auction houses, but I don't know why. Maybe it just seems odd that the capital cities don't have connected market. I like this idea of 3 AH : Horde, Alliance, and Neutral. Not just IF&Orgrimmar, but the whole faction. But gameplay wise I can't explain why I like it, I have no real argument for that. I understand those who say it would concentrate people more, but I think the game would be concentrated enough around capacities. Maybe on a low pop server only IF&Org would be good, but on big populations I would want to see all capitals populated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebiga View Post
    S.Priest your only hear for mana batteries nothing else
    One more person talking shit about Vanilla while proving that they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly qualifies as "inconvenience?"

Some inconveniences could be properly managed and showed a level of awareness by the player, so they weren't really a problem (arrows/bullets, pet feeding, level 40 mount, etc.) I don't miss ammo one bit, but it won't be a problem to go back to it.

Some conveniences added are questionable if they hurt or helped the game (LFR/G.) Their removal won't nessicarily be a bad thing, even if they create some inconvenience.

Some inconveniences were more problematic (mounts/pets/toys taking bag space,) but they were solved in ways that in no way, shape, or form detracted from the game. Hell, the collection tab ADDED to the game because collectors could collect.

And then some weren't actually inconveniences, but fixing them improved the game (Transmog, updated models, updated animations, other COSMETIC improvements.)

And then the bugs...

I genuinely don't care what they do as Classic WoW falls below my game standards these days. I'll probably take a trip down nostalgia lane, but the missing QoL (Tmog especially) will probably push me out after a week or two. This is more of a question of pure curiosity than anything.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-17 at 09:44 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

It's nice that Devs finally come and conclude on this. Their earlier communication was too vague and opened for too much speculation.
    I am really happy they stick to what classic really was and not make it a "remake" of classic WoW. That also means less itterations and earlier release.

Hopefully players who really want to give old school wow a shot can now have more civilized discussions on the patch they will take / guides for classes and roles etc etc.
    For the others, current WoW with class balansing /updates / QoL etc is still there. Even though this new expansion sounds less exiting than Legion.

most of people asking for pure vanilla do it to troll people

and idiots are geting baited thinking that thats what people want

That's the way to dismiss an opinion different from your own, just label everyone voicing it a troll and call it a day!

what do you mean ? of its exist in form of holy spec

if you mean support=heal then sure you will be able to do that

but unless they tune specs, healing is all you gonna do in endgame.

enjoy
    No it doesn't, healers today are anything but support classes, most of their support abilities were stripped out long ago.

A Holy Paladin today and a Holy Paladin then had two completely different tool sets and playstyles.

I'm ok with healing in vanilla raids, I can get my tank and dps sets to mess around in in dungeon content just like I did back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    What are these inconveniences anyway? Bugs, glitches, server unstability? or the lack of certain features?
    Warlocks have no closet to summon you. Warlocks have to have a soulshard bag & then fill the rest of their bag spaces with soulshards just to pass out ONE healthstone to people for your 40 man raid. Hunters having to equip a quiver or ammo pouch that housed their ammo or arrows in it (and making sure you had enough of the to make it through a raid otherwise you were useless and had to melee everything when you hit like a limp noodle). Hunters having to feed their pets otherwise they could (and would) run away if their happiness got too low (and pet dying = really unhappy pet). Rogues having to level up a mini-profession. All classes that had group buffs had to carry around reagents to do so. Nearly all of the lvl 60 spells were books that dropped in the world or in raids (and if you were a class that offered buffs you were expected to know those spells). Melee had to level up their weapon skills otherwise they did shit for damage if they got a new weapon they hadn't maxed out the skill for. AQ40 raid gear consisted of nature resistance gear you got crafted that was in the 47-55 lvl range or you got from doing Maradon. You were expected to have fire resistance gear for bosses like Rag in MC even if that meant you didn't do as much damage/healing. Tanks had to get crit proof through defense, dodge, parry, and other stats otherwise bosses would 1 shot you on most fights. Certain bosses/mobs in raids either had a high resistance to certain schools of magic or were flat out immune to them therefore you had to be certain specs for those raids. Switching talents could only happen at a trainer and went up each time you respecced to capped out at 50g one way (and remember gold was actually A LOT harder to come by back then). Caster & healer gear were separate because it was either +damage & healing or it was +healing (substantially more amount than the amount of healing in caster gear). Agility, strength, int, and spirit did different things than they did now and every class & spec got the same benefit from each of those stats. Diminishing returns weren't a thing so warlocks could literally chain fear you & just wand you to death and there was nothing you could do unless you were an undead who popped Will of the Forsaken to break a fear and become immune to it for like 6 seconds. Paladin buffs lasted 5/15 minutes and had to be reapplied to classes during boss fights. Mobs/bosses had a limit to how many dots & debuffs they could get so dots were generally frowned upon to use unless you were told otherwise. Threat was an issue & you were expected to have Omen so you wouldn't pull threat (mages were notorious for getting a few lucky crits in a row & wiping a raid because they pulled threat).

I could go on but I think you get the point of all the inconveniences there were in vanilla.