Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And he was right. He announced it so that after Classic is stabilized with 100k regulars he can say "I told you so".

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    The threads asking for changes to vanilla is a testament to that statement.
    ^^ This is 100% correct, he was 100% correct.

To quote a friend of mine
    "Vanilla was a bad game, it was good for its time but that doesn't mean it was actually good."

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a large group of us who wanted Vanilla at it's core but still want QoL changes. Examples would be faster flight paths, dual specs, hunter and lock QoL changes, possibly some better class balancing (not ability changes but number tuning) and I'm sure there's many other small stuff.
    So you don't want vanilla and he was right, is what you're saying

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    So you don't want vanilla and he was right, is what you're saying
    No I'd be happy with just vanilla, still prefer it with QoL changes. And idk where you're getting someone being right our wrong, this is personal preference so there is no right or wrong.

Deleted
    Brack was right, and you're so triggered precisely because he was right. Every single thread in this subforum, all 31 pages full of them in fact, stand as proof to these words. It was an unpopular thing to say, a callous thing maybe, certainly risky in this age of people being triggered and outraged as fuck about any random thing in the internets. But he was so, so right. WoW *must* start from patch 1.0.2, no, it *must* start from the complete and final version 1.12! WoW *must* have patch progress and then resets, no, it *must* be permanent, otherwise what's the point! WoW *must* have all its original bugs from vanilla, no matter how retarded, no, WoW *must* have fixes to bugs and issues, we'll be paying money for it ffs, don't let Blizz be lazy! WoW *must* have QoL features, to ensure long-term healthy community and numbers, no, WoW *must* have no QoL, as QoL are the tainted gift of Satan and will sully its sanctity!

WoW *must*!!! ... WoW *mustn't"!!! ... Ad nauseam. And that's even if you don't actually count idiots or trolls who demand LFR or post threads about "omg we must have pallies on the Horde and shammies on Alliance, otherwise Alliance will have no BloodlustHeroism!!!".

The community at large has no idea what it wants. As soon as the announcement was made, you fractured completely.

All this bullshit. And it's just a couple weeks from announcement. You thought you did. But do you, really.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-17 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Brack was right, and you're so triggered precisely because he was right. Every single thread in this subforum, all 31 pages full of them in fact, stand as proof to these words. It was an unpopular thing to say, a callous thing maybe, certainly risky in this age of people being triggered and outraged as fuck about any random thing in the internets. But he was so, so right. WoW *must* start from patch 1.0.2, no, it *must* start from the complete and final version 1.12! WoW *must* have patch progress and then resets, no, it *must* be permanent, otherwise what's the point! WoW *must* have all its original bugs from vanilla, no matter how retarded, no, WoW *must* have fixes to bugs and issues, we'll be paying money for it ffs, don't let Blizz be lazy! WoW *must* have QoL features, to ensure long-term healthy community and numbers, no, WoW *must* have no QoL, as QoL are the tainted gift of Satan and will sully its sanctity!

WoW *must*!!! ... WoW *mustn't"!!! ... Ad nauseam. And that's even if you don't actually count idiots or trolls who demand LFR or post threads about "omg we must have pallies on the Horde and shammies on Alliance, otherwise Alliance will have no Bloodlust!!!".

The community at large has no idea what it wants. As soon as the announcement was made, you fractured completely.

All this bullshit. And it's just a couple weeks from announcement. You thought you did. But do you, really.
    The best part is the folks shrieking about this can have their cake and eat it too; for some reason they're emotionally invested in the success or failure of this project, but they can rationalize if it fails by insisting 'WELL BLIZZARD DIDN'T DO REAL PURE CLASSIC SERVERS THE WAY WE WANTED IT BECAUSE [X] WASN'T THE SAME.' They heap mountains and mountains of vitriol on 'RETAIL' (hisshiss) and all the HORRIBLE CHANGES by the horrible people at blizzard while waiting to blow money on subbing to their services.

Such strange creatures.

I find it less disrespectful that he announced it. He spoke Blizzards opinions at the time and he is speaking them now. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post

Hmmm.. sounds l just like players of WoD/Legion:

Garrisons suck! Garrisons Rock! I love follower missions! I HATE follower missions! Legendaries RNG? WTF???? YAY more welfare legendaries! Grinding AP is horrible... Grinding AP is FUN! Suramar is awesome... Suramar is tedious! I'm quitting if flight doesn't come baclk! I'm quitting if it does!

By and large you will always have people within a group having varying opinions. But let's be clear... Blizzard will release what they want... and the vanilla crowd will eat it up! Love it! And there are people who "Think they will hate it, but end up loving it."

Classic is going to be hugely successful and popular and in a short period of time, become Blizz's main focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    mountains and mountains of vitriol
    Oceans, actually. Vitriol in this context is sulphuric acid. But yeah, this is exactly how I think it'll go, in the end. It's like that bs short story with Garrosh "Daddyissuez" Hellscream traveling with Kairoz into timey wimey Draenor: they'll go insane counting blades of grass...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    After a year they finally announce the development of a Classic Server.
    But now every Tim and Tom who did not gave it any thought before jumps in, spouting out their ideas on how it should be.

The people who wanted Classic Servers, still do.
    Now there is only a loud majority who never wanted them in the first place, but only will play them if it fits their desires.

Again, Classic Servers should be as Authentic as possible, if you want Legion QoL, Classic is not for you.
    This is true. It really saddens me that people who didnt care about classic/vanilla servers in anyway, are trying to completely ruin it for people who fought for this for years. I never picked a side, I will try it either way, im not a hardcore fan. However, trying to ruin classic for people who really want it really pisses me the fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hmmm.. sounds l just like players of WoD/Legion:

Garrisons suck! Garrisons Rock! I love follower missions! I HATE follower missions! Legendaries RNG? WTF???? YAY more welfare legendaries! Grinding AP is horrible... Grinding AP is FUN! Suramar is awesome... Suramar is tedious! I'm quitting if flight doesn't come baclk! I'm quitting if it does!
    Pretty much all of these topics have consensus though. Consensus =! everyone agrees, of course, but it exists nonetheless and informs Blizz decisions. See how they retooled and cut down garrisons and are refining AP and removing legendaries - this is because they're reacting to it.

Classic becoming WoW's "main focus" is hilarious btw. Not happening for at least several years and couple of expansions more, my boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder

im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers

heres the link to full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE

look we want vanila but why not vanilla with some quality of life to it. I mean I dont want to heal a raid with the super outdated raid frames

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL you find it offensive? you are a special little snowflake, aren't you?

It's probably good PR to have that same person announce it and they did it on purpose, you can be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic is going to be hugely successful and popular and in a short period of time, become Blizz's main focus.
    This quote made me literally LOL and almost spit out my water.

Classic will be loved by many but it will NEVER even become 25% of Blizzards focus. Hearthstone, Overwatch, retail WoW...all will be more popular and make more money than Classic.

It's possible to be excited for Classic without being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    look we want vanila but why not vanilla with some quality of life to it.
    Because that's part of vanilla bro

'Vanilla with QoL' is called TBC, Wrath, etc.

[QUOTE=Regalbeast;48072768

Classic will be loved by many but it will NEVER even become 25% of Blizzards focus. Hearthstone, Overwatch, retail WoW...all will be more popular and make more money than Classic.

It's possible to be excited for Classic without being delusional.[/QUOTE]

Main focus on the WoW front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder

im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers
    Well he is kinda right judging by all of these people who're demanding all kinda of changes to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Main focus on the WoW front.
    Well here is exactly what he is talking about, delusional...because you're obviously delusional.

Why would they main focus on something that will never evolve? Pretty stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    The threads asking for changes to vanilla is a testament to that statement.
    Not really, that is just you imagining someone somewhere said vanilla was absolutely perfect.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well he is kinda right judging by all of these people who're demanding all kinda of changes to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Well here is exactly what he is talking about, delusional...because you're obviously delusional.

Why would they main focus on something that will never evolve? Pretty stupid
    Why even get a team together at all and launch it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even get a team together at all and launch it?
    Because it needs to be worked on...unless you're trying to tell me private servers have no staff at all?

All these accusations of trolling from the vanilla crowd is a bit ironic. It's a bit of their own medicine being force fed to them now, and I for one don't feel sympathy for them. Let them experience their own tactics upon themselves.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii