Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

In order for BfA to be a success. a suramar like campaign is a MUST.

as a professional player with a highly informative and sought after opinion. It is my view that Legion peaked at Suramar campaign in terms of story telling. the rest was just cookie cutter.

In order for BfA to fall into the trap of standard go do this and help this person etc etc, it will require an actual proggressive campaign that has subs wanting to know what happens excited for the next week when a new time gated chapter of the campaign will open.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    as a professional player with a highly informative and sought after opinion. It is my view that Legion peaked at Suramar campaign in terms of story telling. the rest was just cookie cutter.

In order for BfA to fall into the trap of standard go do this and help this person etc etc, it will require an actual proggressive campaign that has subs wanting to know what happens excited for the next week when a new time gated chapter of the campaign will open.
    I agree, Suramar was my favorite part of this expansion, and I enjoyed most parts of this expansion.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure about a must but would love something like it, really loved that zone even though the reputation barriers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I’m all for a narrative quest line, but for the love of god do it in a zone that doesn’t make me want to kill myself every time I have to get from point A to point B. I’ve not set foot in Suramar city after getting the achievement done because I can’t stand the sight of it anymore. Argus is like that too but worse. The challenge should be in the gameplay not in the terrain and the map.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no it isnt a must.

A good narrative story would be nice, but dont delude yourself into thinking that story will make or break this game. And Suramar was time gated to hell and back when it was actually meaningful content. Time gating is rarely appreciated even when people are intelligent enough to admit why it has to exist.

Raids/M+/and WQ are what is going to carry BfA. People can harp on about pvp all they like, but pvp will be a scarcely acknowledged sideshow as it always has been and always will be.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-11-22 at 02:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have confirmed a war campaign

7+ Year Old Account
    You have stepped up your trolling.

I like it.

As a highly critical gamer and connoisseur of scifi and heroic fantasy literature of the type that is considered trash by the common man I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, Suramar and how it was connected to the raid, that was grand. I also liked the Nighthold raid best so far, doubt Antorus will change that. Tomb and Antorus just feel tacked on top.

I had the most fun with Legion during the Suramar campaign, the only downside was, it was not alt friendly and a chore to play it again, but then, one could skip it, which I did for most of my alts.

Loved Suramar all the way through, would love it if we get similar content in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Loved Suramar all the way through, would love it if we get similar content in the future.
    I Disagree, please no, that place while fantastic in artistic, was a horrendous nightmare while questing!

10+ Year Old Account
    MUST I dont know about but I like longer, storyline quests. Things that tell you a story over many steps. In TBC there's a long, 30 step quest chain in SMV that sends you to 3 heroic dungeons and finally to Magtheridon's and results in the Champion of the Naaru title... but the chain is what's great. It starts humbly and builds. Suramar was also good. I dont know about the Horde side experience, but the LIon's Landing rep was another interesting way to build a story... dailies but at intervals as you gained rep story quests popped up and took you through a series of events with NPCs.

The trap they have to avoid is giving us all that early on and then cheapening out later. The Suramar line was cool... but the Broken Shore class campaign, another gated 'series' was so devoid of any real story or progression that it looked like dogshit in comparison. If they're going to do quest chains, they need to actually be involving and build on one another; the Broken Shore quests didn't and individually sucked too.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for a Argus/Suramar-like Nazjatar campaign. (new expansion zones)

Story naga content patch.

Just more then simply a raid.

Many Underwater mounts were added in Legion....

If they go even further, Naga Allied race as a result for both Factions, it's really the only time they could add them...

And use Legion Invasion tech to invade beaches on Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms for periodic extra world quests. - Naga Invasions. (the open world ones, not the portals)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-22 at 07:59 PM.

"a" Suramar? So they can pull a 7.2 broken shore every other patch?

Fuck that, every patch/expansion story they write should be in the same ballpark of quality that was Suramar. That was the one thing, if anything, that legion did right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I Disagree, please no, that place while fantastic in artistic, was a horrendous nightmare while questing!
    Ever think that was because of the zone being designed around gimmicks and not the actual story?

I mean, the difficulty of the place at the time may have been highly tuned, but by the time 7.2 rolled around, players had easily the gear (and the catch up mechanics) to make Suramar a breeze.

Then you add in flying and it pretty much makes whatever difficulty that was left evaporate into thin air (especially around those "seeing eye" mobs.)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Agreed, it would be a big step back not to include an epic max level questing zone after experiencing Suramar. Of course the quests themselves could be improved on but not including such a zone itself would be a big mistake. Suramar did a lot to enrich the entire Legion expansion.

Deleted
    I agree, Suramar was great for storytelling even if the zone design was a bit meh. I hope BfA has something like this.

Agreed, it would be a big step back not to include an epic max level questing zone after experiencing Suramar. Of course the quests themselves could be improved on but not including such a zone itself would be a big mistake. Suramar did a lot to enrich the entire Legion expansion. Also, screw the people asking for stuff to not be included in the next expansion, that's how you end up with another Warlords of Draenor.

Definitely wouldn't hurt. I did all the lore for all the zones except for Suramar when Legion launched. Played other games while I waited for the time gating bs to finish. Came back and did everything at once. Was such a great campaign imo. I wouldn't mind seeing something like it in BfA. Just not time gated.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the mandatory locating of every mana node, and maybe cut about 1/4 of the stages off the plot, and sure.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Suramar without the filler would be fantastic. I hope they do something similar also.

Uh I got a feeling both factions have a suramar like campaign as they level through BfA.