• You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances

22 6.16%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic

88 24.65%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard would never release "pure" Classic server due to things like this:
    Funny how you miss the entire point of that video even though the initial conversation is explaining it to your face..

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    that's not vanilla
    I didn't say it was. It's Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I didn't say it was. It's Classic.
    vanilla=classic
    lore internally laughed at people like you when ion said they know vanilla means vanilla

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv...et-778.mp4#t=0
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-19 at 04:38 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

it's not classic
    vanilla=classic
    No. You want vanilla to equal classic. Classic will be whatever Blizzard decides it will be.

lore internally laughed at people like you when ion said they know vanilla means vanilla
    Ion isn't part of the development of it so his say is nothing but an opinion to appeal to people like you. If he could, he'd probably make it as much an RNG fest as possible with paragon caches everywhere for old factions...

5+ Year Old Account
    https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv...et-778.mp4#t=0
    they said it them self

we want vanilla
    they know vanilla means vanilla including inconveniences

how about you just get off the wow classic forums and go to battle for azeroth you clearly do not understand the concept of wow classic servers at all
    If you think your opinion is superior to those of others why don't you try to convince others instead of just attacking and insulting everyone and claiming "that's not the classic I want"? What is wrong with discussing it?

So much for the "vanilla had a sense of community" argument, unless you value toxicity and hostility. Way too many purists everywhere attacking anyone who dares to challenge their opinion.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    So much for the "vanilla had a sense of community" argument, unless you value toxicity and hostility. Way too many purists everywhere attacking anyone who dares to challenge their opinion.
    Indeed... people always claim the greatness of Vanilla's community, but if toxic purists like him are of any indication of what it'd be like I have zero interest in relating with such a community now.

Like I said earlier, Blizzard are getting fed up of these purists on their forums having to lock threads due to the toxicity and hostility they portray who continually bash others with their superiority complex.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-19 at 03:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Indeed... people always claim the greatness of Vanilla's community, but if toxic purists like him are of any indication of what it'd be like I have zero interest in relating with such a community.
    Unfortunately, that has been my experience with Old School Runescape. I found that RS3 (live version) had a lot better community than OSRS, especially towards newcomers and returning players (like me)

Also I remember when Jagex added a gay pride event to the old school version of the game people went completely apeshit, some literally dressing in KKK-like outfits and mass protesting at Falador (http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/201...ot-650x444.jpg)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people who can't accept change are a huge demographic in legacy games like these, and that demographic tends to be very close-minded and hostile to others challenging their views. I don't know, really, but that would make sense.

I'm wondering if anyone truly believes that 'classic' will have long term staying power as pure, unmodified, vanilla. I'm not really saying for sure either way, just a thought process. I tend to lean towards it will need to be modified to stick, as rehashing vanilla in its pure form wont have the financial prowess they're looking for. It might be fun for a while, but some of us old timers will be 'been there, done that'. If it 'saves' WoW as unmodded vanilla, then great, sounds fun, but I dont have a lot of confidence in that.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2017-11-19 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Stop replying to the troll, skanner. I'm pretty certain that WoW itself is older than him.
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-11-19 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Unfortunately, that has been my experience with Old School Runescape. I found that RS3 (live version) had a lot better community than OSRS, especially towards newcomers and returning players (like me)

Also I remember when Jagex added a gay pride event to the old school version of the game people went completely apeshit, some literally dressing in KKK-like outfits and mass protesting at Falador (http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/201...ot-650x444.jpg)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people who can't accept change are a huge demographic in legacy games like these, and that demographic tends to be very close-minded and hostile to others challenging their views. I don't know, really, but that would make sense.
    Reminds me of conservatives where bigotry is their norm...

server lag and server crashes is a universal experience that would effect both versions of world of warcraft
    it's not connected to vanilla
    the content that is on the servers and how that content functions AND malfunctions is vanilla

back then the servers lagged and crashed due to blizzard struggling to find better computer upgrades that could handle it all
    So are bugs. Bugs and server lag are both technical problems. Some of them ALSO affect gameplay. In that case I would want to keep them. Some of them are just technical problems like server lag. In that case I would want them fixed. Like I said, I think it makes sense to look at them on a case by case basis.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Why do the same fucking threads appear every other day.

Active since Vanilla and would like smaller changes like auto-loot as well as new character models, these are things I suspect would have been added to vanilla anyways and were popular when they came out.
    No to any class changes at release, that can be looked at afterwards. So essentially pure vanilla with a slightly better UI and toggle for new character models.
    Well, perhaps remove Weapon Skills, that was my largest gripe with the game back then. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vuxul View Post
    Active since Vanilla and would like smaller changes like auto-loot as well as new character models, these are things I suspect would have been added to vanilla anyways and were popular when they came out.
    No to any class changes at release, that can be looked at afterwards. So essentially pure vanilla with a slightly better UI and toggle for new character models.
    Well, perhaps remove Weapon Skills, that was my largest gripe with the game back then. XD
    Actually I would say some TBC level class changes and no to any convenience fluff like auto loot and character models.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why do the same fucking threads appear every other day.
    Because these are things people feel need to be discussed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some balance changes or QoL changes would be good, others would be bad. You can't just generalize here.

Deleted
    as a very experienced and alot more accomplished than majority of visiters to mmo-c in both wow and real life.

it is my professional opinion that balance changes and a decrease of 40man raids to the more recent 30 player scalable is a must for classic.

i would hate to see classic servers fail because my advice was not taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedrich View Post
    A lot of people keep asking for the updated models to be in classic... I'm sorry but the new models simply don't work with the classic wow engine. Yes it is the same engine being used today but it's been drastically overhauled. If they were to allow the new models in classic wow it would mean that classic wow would have to run the modern game engine which would defeat the purpose of classic wow... Sorry guys but it's not going to happen, it would ruin the whole thing.
    Incorrect. Private servers can do it on the old engine. So can Blizzard.

And either way they've said they're doing it on the modern engine so they can incorporate battle.net into it so... stop spreading bullshit.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-11-19 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put it at one of the later patches with all the content out, fix bugs and it will be good to go. Classic wow would still offer a shit ton of content since If I recall you still couldn't quite skip raid tiers. Even just getting to raids would keep most busy for months.