15+ Year Old Account

Weapon restrictions

Weapon restrictions..Should they be removed or in some extent? What effect would that have on the game. Talking about 1h mace for mages,
    2h-katana (sword) for a rogue/monk. 1h sword for a priest...

With all the transmog options, does it really matter anymore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Weapon restrictions..Should they be removed or in some extent? What effect would that have on the game. Talking about 1h mace for mages,
    2h-katana (sword) for a rogue/monk. 1h sword for a priest...

With all the transmog options, does it really matter anymore?
    It probably matters in the same way that a katana is a type of two handed sword.

As for your expected answer: It has to do with stat accumulation and balancing not to mention class lore as a whole. Same way tier bonuses is being purged. It's hard to balance in the long run if the effect is OP or otherwise useless because said effect applies to something that was removed from the game later on. This is just why WoW has so many issues to that adds up over time. With tier bonuses removed you can min/max even more now compared to before for example and this is good!

However, letting everyone equip swords, plate etc would introduce a dilemma where everyone would need on the same item and I'm pretty sure no one wants that. I mean look at what hunters (and everyone that played with them) had to go through when they would roll on pretty much anything with agi on it because of split weapon slots back in day.

I could ramble on even more for say specific weapons with flavor text (procs) that only work on certain classes/specs (with insert ability here) that would otherwise go unused but I'll stop here.

TDLR: The dev team probably want to keep class lore to extent with stuff mentioned above. Don't wanna have a warrior dual wield wands or vice versa.
    Last edited by mmocc5772ad547; 2017-11-21 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and no.

Mages should have access to 1h - maces.
    Priests should have access to 1h - swords.
    Warlocks should have access to 1h - maces.

Rogues should be able to transmog daggers to fist weapons, or fist weapons to daggers - or glaives to an extent.
    Monks should be able to use 2h swords.
    Druids should have access to 1h - swords.
    Demon Hunters - they feel fine.

Hunters - they feel fine.
    Shaman should have access to 1h - swords.

Paladins should be able to use Staves and maybe Dagger.
    Warriors - well, they can do it all.
    Death Knight should be able to use staves for transmog, else, they are fine.

Though, one error in this is, too many would be on the loot tree for 1h - swords, thus the current restrictions on that is fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..