Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Headless body identified as missing journalist

A headless torso found in waters off Denmark has been identified as missing Swedish journalist Kim Wall, Danish police say.
    DNA from the torso matched that from Ms Wall's hairbrush and toothbrush.
    Chief investigator Jens Moller Jensen said that the torso had been weighted down with metal in an apparent attempt to stop it floating.
    Ms Wall was last seen alive on 10 August as she departed on a submarine trip with inventor Peter Madsen.
    The submarine sank hours after the search for Ms Wall began, after her partner reported that she had not returned from the trip. Mr Madsen, who designed and built the submarine, was charged with negligent manslaughter and is in detention.
    He initially said he had dropped her off safely near Copenhagen, but has since said she died in an accident and that he had "buried" her at sea.

Danish police believe the 40-tonne submarine was deliberately sunk by Mr Madsen.
    Traces of blood have been found inside the submarine, and they also match Ms Wall.
    The remains were found on a beach south of Copenhagen on Monday.
    Mr Jensen would not comment on the cause of death but said forensic investigations were still being carried out and police were looking for the rest of her body.
    As well as the metal attached to the torso, Mr Jensen said the remains were mutilated in what appeared to be an attempt to ensure that decomposition gases passed out of the body, to make it less likely to float.
    Kim Wall's mother Ingrid wrote of the family's "boundless sorrow" at the news that her daughter's remains had been found.
    "During the horrendous days since Kim disappeared, we have received countless examples of how loved and appreciated she was, as a person and as a friend, as well as a professional journalist," Ingrid Wall said in a family statement released on Facebook.
    "From all corners of the world we have received testimony to how she was able to be a person who made a difference."
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41021223

10+ Year Old Account
    First: Inb4 the "muslims did it/lol religion of peace" crowd barges in and shits all over the screen without reading the article

Second: So a submarine scientist's botched experiment goes south, decapitating a reporter and he tries to cover it up by weighing down her body and mutilating it so his failure will never be exposed?

Are we sure this isn't an episode of CSI?

Hell, that's actually more like an episode of Monk.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-08-24 at 07:05 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So...what's to talk about? Someone murdered someone else and tried to cover it up.

Deleted
    Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So...what's to talk about? Someone murdered someone else and tried to cover it up.
    How dare a forum burden you by having threads with topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Mad inventors.
    Sunken submarines
    Headless bodies.

This sounds like something out of a novel.

Yeah I've been following this a little bit, too. I'm not usually interested in crime/murder stuff, but this is a pretty strange case. My impression is that this guy built the sub (which kinda looks like how you'd imagine a generic military sub) with some sort of crowd-funding, and the deceased was a journalist doing a story on him.

I'm curious mainly about the motive and how it all played out, because right now it looks like this guy either murdered that woman or was otherwise liable for her death and tried to cover it up. But what's crazy is that he seems to have sunk the submarine as well, which must have represented a vast investment of his prior time, effort, money, and work. That may indicate that there was some sort of accident involved, or that something didn't go as planned. It seems that he'd initially claimed to have dropped her off (alive) prior to the loss of the vessel. If this guy really did murder this woman, it's crazy that he thought he'd get away with it, but I guess that's how these things go.

I guess it'll be interesting to see just what has happened once the facts have come out.

Deleted
    As well as the metal attached to the torso, Mr Jensen said the remains were mutilated in what appeared to be an attempt to ensure that decomposition gases passed out of the body, to make it less likely to float.
    Am I the only that finds it somewhat scary that he supposedly took such detail into consideration? Do we like need a scan of that area to ensure more bodies aren't tied to the bottom of the sea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    First: Inb4 the "muslims did it/lol religion of peace" crowd barges in and shits all over the screen without reading the article

Second: So a submarine scientist's botched experiment goes south, decapitating a reporter and he tries to cover it up by weighing down her body and mutilating it so his failure will never be exposed?

Are we sure this isn't an episode of CSI?

Hell, that's actually more like an episode of Monk.
    people like you make me so so tired.. Yawn.
    can't you come up with something new and exciting?

Deleted
    This case just gets stranger by the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    people like you make me so so tired.. Yawn.
    can't you come up with something new and exciting?
    Well what the hell do you call your response then?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Well what the hell do you call your response then?
    Better then your "can't wait for the racists to show up" in a tread where it makes no sense at all for them to show up.
    Its baiting and the T word is what your doing, nothing else.

I wish the mod team would actually do something about it.
    Guess you can go on the ignore list as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Better then your "can't wait for the racists to show up" in a tread where it makes no sense at all for them to show up.
    Its baiting and the T word is what your doing, nothing else.

I wish the mod team would actually do something about it.
    Guess you can go on the ignore list as well.
    Let's see, we have the buzz words:

-Swedish
    -Female
    -Journalist
    -Missing
    -Beheaded

I've seen a lot less lead to people claiming terrorism. And I've really no reason to expect some posters to read past that first line without jumping to some sort of stilted conclusion

Or are you saying that all of the "anti-islam" posters on here always respond with tact and well-thought out responses?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck are you people even bringing up Muslims and terrorists here when it's well known that a WHITE DANISH NATIVE commited this crime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Why the fuck are you people even bringing up Muslims and terrorists here when it's well known that a WHITE DANISH NATIVE commited this crime?
    Because hes baiting a shit storm. Its the exact shit we don't need on this forum.

Let's see, we have the buzz words:

-Swedish
    -Female
    -Journalist
    -Missing
    -Beheaded

I've seen a lot less lead to people claiming terrorism. And I've really no reason to expect some posters to read past that first line without jumping to some sort of stilted conclusion

Or are you saying that all of the "anti-islam" posters on here always respond with tact and well-thought out responses?
    The only person doing it in this thread, so far, is you. Stop it. It's sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been following this story closely day by day as it progresses. Very weird and interesting case.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the first murder committed by the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Because that fact really doesn't occur to some people.

I'm touching upon how egregiously and, frankly, downright predictable this forum's usual suspects become to grandstand without an iota of what the situation is about.

I just thought I'd beat it to the punch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The only person doing it in this thread, so far, is you. Stop it. It's sad.
    I'm not claiming terrorism and I read the entire article.

So... not really much of a comparison.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hope she's ok.

Sounds like a real life horror movie.