Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    There's a difference between wanting people to lick your boots and just wanting to people to be grateful and not pieces of shit biting the hand that feeds them.
    You're right, but it's still beneath the office and beyond petty.

He's the president, he needs to start acting like it and stop being a snowflake. The dumbass dad of a kid is bad-mouthing you on social media and to the press? So fucking what, you're the god-damned President of the United States. Who the fuck even cares?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're right, but it's still beneath the office and beyond petty.
    Oh it is petty. But I would say any person regardless of their position would still be angered if they helped someone and then had that persons family turn around and be complete asshats about it.

People often say that Trump should act a certain way because he is president, though used to cheer and applaud Obama for showing his "human" side. Yet slam Trump for showing his. Every president has said petty things at times. It's just Social media allows a lot more people to see it now.

There's a difference between wanting people to lick your boots and just wanting to people to be grateful and not pieces of shit biting the hand that feeds them.
    The players themselves were grateful. But one of the family members of one of them wasn't grateful, so he complained that all three should have stayed.

That's ridiculously petty; whose the bigger piece of shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    whose the bigger piece of shit?
    The person being ungrateful that their son won't spend life in a Chinese Prison whilst also proclaiming shoplifting as not being Bad.

Deleted
    Thankfully we now have the shining example of respectfulness and grace in Trump guiding our way.

The person being ungrateful that their son won't spend life in a Chinese Prison whilst also proclaiming shoplifting as not being Bad.
    Maybe, but it takes a very small man to cry about not being thanked. My deeply conservative mother would've smacked me for that kind of remark.

It's weird how the party that's typically all for promoting that kind of mature behavior is now hosting the guy that is everyone's nightmare problem child.

Not the person that regrets helping 3 people because of someone who isn't those 3? Fine. It's simply pathetic, though. Not nearly as pathetic as much of the other stuff Trump has said, but pathetic nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

People often say that Trump should act a certain way because he is president, though used to cheer and applaud Obama for showing his "human" side. Yet slam Trump for showing his. Every president has said petty things at times. It's just Social media allows a lot more people to see it now.
    Yes, Obama's "human" side was in pictures like him letting the little kid touch his hair, or playing with the baby in the oval office, or some of the sweet pictures of him with his wife. The good things, the reminders that despite the office, the duties, the pressures, the responsibility, that the president is still a human being and can have good human moments. That's what folks celebrated.

We shouldn't be celebrating presidents engaging in their baser instincts and lashing out at private citizens on social media as a "human moment". It very much is a human moment, it's a president forgetting who they are and acting like a child, one listening to their id demanding retribution for a minor slight. But it's nowhere in the same league as the moments people celebrated under Obama, and the fact that you're trying to compare the two in any way confuses the ever living fuck outta me.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-11-20 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "cycle of criminality" is an issue with particular prison systems. Not with the concept of imprisonment in general.

At best, the boys should've been charged, and brought to the USA to serve that sentence.

The important fact remains that Trump is a tantrum-throwing child who only wants to do what's "right" if it gets him sufficient adulation. In his own fucking words.
    I think that's a rather large assumption that China would extradite. They also could refuse. However, I agree with the concept overall in that they should have been charged and tried. The downside of that, though, is that they may have faced some particularly harsh outcomes.

Also, I think just about anyone agreed that Trump is a child at this point. He is clearly upset he wasn't given proper credit by everyone and is lashing out. However, I think I agree with Ann Friedman of the LA Times who wrote, "Who cares what’s good or bad for Trump? What matters is whether his decisions are good or bad for the rest of us." I think Trump sees just about anything as good for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference, but Trump demonstrates time and again that he just wants praise for even waking up in the morning. Trump's constant desire, craving, and need for adoration and praise is barely even denied by his most ardent of followers. So if this were a one-off episode, I'd agree, yeah. But this is a pattern, something that happens constantly.

So there was no real need for you to point out the difference, since Trump did just want more boot licking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, Obama's "human" side was in pictures like him letting the little kid touch his hair, or playing with the baby in the oval office, or some of the sweet pictures of him with his wife. The good things, the reminders that despite the office, the duties, the pressures, the responsibility, that the president is still a human being and can have good human moments. That's what folks celebrated.

We shouldn't be celebrating presidents engaging in their baser instincts and lashing out at private citizens on social media as a "human moment". It very much is a human moment, it's a president forgetting who they are and acting like a child, one listening to their id demanding retribution for a minor slight. But it's nowhere in the same league as the moments people celebrated under Obama, and the fact that you're trying to compare the two in any way confuses the ever living fuck outta me.
    Pretty much this. Obama's "human side" was him being a family man who loved children. Trump's "Human side" is him constantly twitting petty threats and need for attention.

People wonder why the "evil media" paints Trump's human side in a bad light. They don't even need to wonder. The media doesn't do the painting. Trump paints himself in a bad color. The media just takes pictures and the Trump fans get triggered that Trump is shit upon for his own actions. What happened to the party of personal responsibility? Oh right, that's the Democrats now.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    There is a difference, but Trump demonstrates time and again that he just wants praise for even waking up in the morning. Trump's constant desire, craving, and need for adoration and praise is barely even denied by his most ardent of followers. So if this were a one-off episode, I'd agree, yeah. But this is a pattern, something that happens constantly.

So there was no real need for you to point out the difference, since Trump did just want more boot licking.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. Obama's "human side" was him being a family man who loved children. Trump's "Human side" is him constantly twitting petty threats and need for attention.

People wonder why the "evil media" paints Trump's human side in a bad light. They don't even need to wonder. The media doesn't do the painting. Trump paints himself in a bad color. The media just takes pictures and the Trump fans get triggered that Trump is shit upon for his own actions. What happened to the party of personal responsibility? Oh right, that's the Democrats now.
    This is also the guy that twice a day has a folder delivered to him full of postive tweets, headlines, interviews and sometimes pictures that make him look powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of stuff is Trump's job. He's not going above and beyond, by doing these things. It's what we expect the President to do. There's basically no reason to give the man any accolades for doing his fucking job.

The guy didn't even really attack Trump, just said he didn't think Trump was that integral to what went down, which is likely true, anyway. This is pretty standard diplomatic procedure, especially for relatively minor offenses (by which I mean anything short of major robberies/severe assaults/murder type stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    I think that's a rather large assumption that China would extradite. They also could refuse. However, I agree with the concept overall in that they should have been charged and tried. The downside of that, though, is that they may have faced some particularly harsh outcomes.
    I mean, diplomatically speaking, that's basically what they did, so I really don't see that it's that big a stretch.

Trump literally baited the whole thing before it happened by publicly bemoaning the fact that he thought he wouldn't get enough praise for it, and when indeed he didn't he filled his diapers over it.

So yes he is the one being pathetic here.

And reminder: he's the President so yes he gets held to a higher standard than some random citizen. Or maybe you want to impeach that guy and remove him from the office of being someone's dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also like how Trump demands that he be praised in excess for... doing his job.

Do the Trumpkins here think that they should be praised with a parade and fanfare for every time they cook a steak correctly at Outback Steakhouse? I sure hope not.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what kind of man is Trump, if at 70 years old, he is not capable of being "the bigger man", not able to walk away and not escalate a petty dispute. It was the same with the grieving widow of a US soldier.

This is the kind of behavior you'd expect from your teenager, or even a young emotional man in his 20s, not someone with a lifelong experience behind him.

This kind of stuff is Trump's job. He's not going above and beyond, by doing these things. It's what we expect the President to do. There's basically no reason to give the man any accolades for doing his fucking job.
    Where the heck does it say it's the president's job to fish people out of foreign prisons and let them escape punishment?

If that's true, there are hundreds upon hundreds of American citizens who have committed crimes in foreign countries that haven't been freed by past presidents. What's taking them so long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Where the heck does it say it's the president's job to fish people out of foreign prisons and let them escape punishment?

If that's true, there are hundreds upon hundreds of American citizens who have committed crimes in foreign countries that haven't been freed by past presidents. What's taking them so long?
    No, it's the President's job to engage in diplomacy to ensure American citizens aren't treated unfairly or overly harshly, or at least to see that it's done. China's prison system is not particularly user-friendly. This isn't rocket science, it's basic diplomatic relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Insufferable loudmouth vs insufferable loudmouth.
    I'm happy to see them go after each other, they're both pieces of shit.

Did he mean to help them? Because the way he is talking it sounds like he was trying to get something out of it. But at least he knows what it feels like to do something for someone and then not get paid for it. He has done it to how many people over the years?

No, it's the President's job to engage in diplomacy to ensure American citizens aren't treated unfairly or overly harshly, or at least to see that it's done. China's prison system is not particularly user-friendly. This isn't rocket science, it's basic diplomatic relations.
    I think you are blinded by your bias against Trump. If that was anyone's job it would be a diplomats. Any president himself dealing with such small cases would be a waste of his time.

And again, you are establishing a rule set where the the president is responsible for everyone of it's citizens who go over seas and commit crimes. No where does it say we are guarded like that. If we were, people would feel they have a free pass to commit crimes in China knowing they'll be freed because of mean prisons.

You have to admit this was never part of Trump's job. He went out of his way to do it because he was in China, it was national news, and he wanted to score some black votes.