Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Okay, here is the deal.

Playing WoW is INCREDIBLY time consuming. I've been playing the game hardcore for +10 years. All I do in my free time is playing WoW. But only Raiding and Rated PvP is what I enjoy. So I spent at least 50% of my free time GRINDING levels, gear, artifact power, mats and honor. AND IT'S JUST NOT FUN!
    All I want at this point, is logging in and jumping in the action RIGHT AWAY.
    So what I'm asking for is for Blizzard to offer a NO-GRIND package in the ingame shop. Let's say you buy the no-grind package 'Mage'. This package might include:

- level 110 Mage
    - an item level that allows you to raid the newest raid on heroic difficulty(*)
    - maxed out artifact weapon instantly
    - all honor levels

(*you buy the no-grind package at the beginning of an expansion and then every new patch your item level goes up automatically - so you are always ready to raid the newest content)

In CS, in League, in Overwatch, in all these games you just log in and do what you enjoy. Farming flasks for your guild for hours is not my definition of fun. Farming artifact power, doing the same world quests over and over and over again, is just not fun. All I enjoy in this game is Raiding and playing Rated PvP (but these two things I enjoy A LOT).

Yes, it's an MMO. Yes, progression is part of the game. But progression != grinding. Progression, for me, is beating a hard boss in a raid or reaching 2400 in Arena.

taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Update:

skipping a grind is NOT pay to WIN!

skipping actual progression IS pay to win!
    buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    buying an arena gladiator boost IS pay to win!

Blizzard thinks buying a level 110 is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming artifact power is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming mats is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming an easy-to-do dungeon for gear is also NOT pay to win!

LoL all the thing you´ve asked IS p2w and none of the community wants it... So N O

so you want to pay the game to play for you, and give you stuff that you would otherwise have to work for? Isn't that the definition of Pay to Win? Also getting gear for the current raid on heroic is the same thing as getting carried in a mythic raid of the previous tier? Why even play the game at this point, just pop in your credit card, buy an achievement or 2, then afk in Dalaran complaining there is no content.
    Last edited by windfish; 2017-11-21 at 12:10 AM.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

No. Blizzard already compromised by offering buyable level 100 boosts. Don't worry though, when BfA gets closer, there will be 110 boosts that probably will give you gear ready for at least LFR Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol NO. Pay to win is not fun.

Quite simply stupid comparison to Overwatch which does not have character power progression.
    And that is the whole point, the progression.

With the current catchup mechanics, gear requirements as per those actually blizzard-dictated are easier than ever to get.

Even as someone considered by some to be a "blizzard fanboy", I think the level boost is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    How the fuck has this thread not been closed yet and OP banned?!
    Ideas considered stupid by what appears to be a majority of other posters are not bannable.
    An idea not considered popular may be for a variety of reasons.
    Sometimes like this it is one I consider completely unnecessary.
    Sometimes, it is because people don't like what it shows about them.

So not all unpopular views are simply because they are poor.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-21 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

"I want an MMO but with no grind." - OP

Rude awakening, those don't exist. Adding pay2win so people can be lazy is a good way to drive the game into the ground.

No. Never.

In general, I would agree. Purely skinnerbox mechanics are not a form of gameplay and should be avoidable, in general. However, I would only understand this if it were already free to play, which it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    For $1000 I'll provide you with a personal no-grind package. /s
    Also called - closing your account - no grind whatsoever, because there is no game to grind.

Killing a boss repeatedly for a given result, be it a fixed loot item, a currency, a random forge upgrade, or any repetition to get a result you did not the first time is also grinding.
    What they are asking for IS NOT avoiding grinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This is the worst idea I've ever seen. People like you OP are exactly what's wrong with wow. Blizzard catering to garbage lazy players that have no business playing an MMO in the first place. Go play mobile games and stop plaguing the wow community by begging for handouts.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    Idiots like you OP are the reason why companies such as EA are so successful, because you're too stupid to realise how practices like the one you're proposing hurt the gaming industry and games in general.
    And then the companies think "hey, these morons are willing to give us money to skip parts of the game and get rewards sooner" and we get the shit we're getting, half-arsed games that rely on cash shops and money grabbing techniques for financial success instead of actually making a good game.

Deleted

buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    How is buying a Mythic boost a pay to win? To win what exactly?
    Pay to win is using currency to get ahead of other players. How exactly are you getting ahead? You'r not getting better by paying someone else to finish the end game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using wikipedia as a source SMFH

I see the farm for ap, legiondaries and orderresources (a good champ with the right eq can give huge amounts per wq), but farming mats for crafting things?
    I just do my missionboard gold, ap and blood stuff and i am swimming in gold and blood to craft all things i need.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Deleted
    Fact is, I will pay for that. Then I will enjoy the game at max with out need to worry about endless daily tasks in game.

Holy shit, I can't believe you actually suggested something this dumb. An MMO is not your type of game if you can't stand the grind, it's time to move on buddy.

Please let this be bait, please let this be bait...

Fun fact, my account is exactly 10 years old today. Started 11/20/2007

buying a mythic boost from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    buying an arena gladiator boost IS pay to win!

Blizzard thinks buying a level 110 is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming artifact power is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming mats is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming an easy-to-do dungeon for gear is also NOT pay to win!
    paying for content that others have to farm, gives you an edge over them, that is the definition of a pay to win.

you are paying for an edge on others as you are to lazy to get to where they are with the effort they put in.

and asking for CURRENT HEROIC GEAR, when a new tier is realeased, is PAY TO WIN.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.