Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question on rolling a Nightbourne

Do i just have to earn exalted with one toon on my acct to roll one? I have a belf that i would roll into a nightbourne but that toon doesnt have exalted with nightfallen
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Do i just have to earn exalted with one toon on my acct to roll one? I have a belf that i would roll into a nightbourne but that toon doesnt have exalted with nightfallen
    You will need to do a part of the story in BfA, and be exalted NF to unlock them as playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    You will need to do a part of the story in BfA, and be exalted NF to unlock them as playable.
    So i have to do the bfa story then on the toon that has exalted nightfallen, is that what your saying? Or can a toon that doesnt have exalted still do it because another toon on my acct is exalted
    #TeamSylvanas

It doesn't work the way you think it does. After you have unlocked the race you have to create a new character to use that race or pay for a race change for a current char. You don't simply become a nightborne from your current blood elf character.

Good question, no idea! I will unlick it with my tauren druid, and then race change my orc rogue to nightfallen :P

If I had to hazard a guess, you will have to play the BFA story as the character that has Nightborn Exalted, the rep should unlock the quests to unlock the Nightborne, which you will have to do to unlock the race. Then you can race change or roll a new Nightborne.

But because reputation isnt account bound, and the rep will likely be required to unlock the quest line, you will not be able to do it on a character that is not exalted with the Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    But because reputation isnt account bound, and the rep will likely be required to unlock the quest line
    We do get an achievement though for getting exalted with them. Having the achievement could unlock the quest-line.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Because I'm assuming it's the most annoying way possible (since I play Alliance and only got Exalted on one Alliance character), I faction-swapped one of my 110s to Horde and am starting to work on the grind for Highmountain and Nightfallen now. I'm not sure what their plans are for the Alliance allied races, as it's unlikely they'll have reps tied to them (except Lightforged which I've got at Revered).

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    It's still entirely possible that those races are available in 7.3.5 or some patch after that before BfA. Someone leaked BfA a week before the announcement and said 4 allied races would be available in 7.3.5

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have to do something Horde side with it, as well as exalted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's still entirely possible that those races are available in 7.3.5 or some patch after that before BfA. Someone leaked BfA a week before the announcement and said 4 allied races would be available in 7.3.5
    Theyve already noted your going to have to complete the BfA story to get Zandalari trolls which I would generally take to mean being 120. It seems senseless to have only 2 of 8 allied races unlock via leveling and I get the feeling Blizz intends the whole 'level from 20 to 120 for your cultural armor' thing to be about as close to 'endgame content' as cosmetic seekers/roleplayers will ever get. Its certainly something to burn a bunch of time on depending on how the revamp of the leveling experience.

Moreso, I doubt they'll make only SOME Allied races available in an earlier patch. BfA doesnt appear fully complete or even thought out yet (They have no idea what the fuck theyre doing with warfronts besides a list of stuff theyd like tp dp) So its entirely likely that the leaker who predicted it beforehand was working off of some information that is now outdated.

It's still not set in stone, things might change. The best solution, for now, is to not care and wait for even more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Theyve already noted your going to have to complete the BfA story to get Zandalari trolls which I would generally take to mean being 120. It seems senseless to have only 2 of 8 allied races unlock via leveling and I get the feeling Blizz intends the whole 'level from 20 to 120 for your cultural armor' thing to be about as close to 'endgame content' as cosmetic seekers/roleplayers will ever get. Its certainly something to burn a bunch of time on depending on how the revamp of the leveling experience.

Moreso, I doubt they'll make only SOME Allied races available in an earlier patch. BfA doesnt appear fully complete or even thought out yet (They have no idea what the fuck theyre doing with warfronts besides a list of stuff theyd like tp dp) So its entirely likely that the leaker who predicted it beforehand was working off of some information that is now outdated.
    Unless I'm missing something they only announced 6 allied races, not 8. And if that guy was right about the leak then it said 4 would be available in 7.3.5 not 2. Let's check their website: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Well it looks like they have 4 allied races featured, 2 for Horde and 2 for Alliance. If you scroll down to the bottom it separates out the Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves, and it specifically states that you will unlock these 2 as you adventure through BfA. So it's entirely possible that Highmountains, Nightborne, Void Elves, and Lightforged will be available pre-launch.

These races and their cosmetic armor are not going to be "endgame" lol, they will be pretty much available at launch. Let me tell you exactly how hard it will be to level one from 20-120: Make the character, use your 110 boost, play 10 levels.
    Last edited by snplisk; 2017-11-21 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    You also have to do the Suramar campaign, clear NH on Mythic and run Court of Stars +17
    Thing is - no one really knows what's required to unlock the subraces - the info Blizzard gave seemed just placeholderish, details to be unveiled later.
    We know you have to unlock the race by doing some sort of BfA "questline" and you need exalted rep - but who knows really? Probably best to wait until the beta (or devblog or whatever) before making plans and getting disappointed.

Also.. wrong forum, there's a BfA forum just below this
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-11-21 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    You also have to do the Suramar campaign, clear NH on Mythic and run Court of Stars +17
    gunna need a source on this, cause my man Ion wouldn't let this get through to live.. it just seems unlikely given that returning players will have a hard time doing Court of Starts +17 just to unlock a race.
    Hi

Deleted
    At max level you can talk to the faction leaders in the new zones of Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Then you advise them on which race to invite in.

I guess you won't be offered the option to choose the race unless you are not exalted with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    gunna need a source on this, cause my man Ion wouldn't let this get through to live.. it just seems unlikely given that returning players will have a hard time doing Court of Starts +17 just to unlock a race.
    It might be +15 as well, idk, we're still in alpha. But you def. need to do Mythic NH, they're going to port it over to BfA so it keeps the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the person is lying. the only true part of it is the exaulted nightfallen rep.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

we dont know, cause they aint said
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    It might be +15 as well, idk, we're still in alpha. But you def. need to do Mythic NH, they're going to port it over to BfA so it keeps the difficulty.
    Pretty sure you also have to clear hellfire citadel on heroic and mythic difficulty to keep the continuity working for gul'dan while also experiencing the two states of archimondes death, in the nether or not. Also you need to have completed every suramar WQ at least once to ensure you've seen all the story and done the balance of power chain cause that involves some of suramar.