Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

A moment of silence for those working in retail!

A moment of silence please for the hardworking people in retail this Christmas for suffering not only rude customers but also for enduring six weeks of none stop Christmas songs everyday! Imagine, 6 weeks of a 9-5 job with constant Christmas. It actually reminds me of this:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/1...music_torture/

you can tune out the crappy music, its the crappy people going online and then coming to the store unrelentingly saying "IT SAYS YOU HAVE IT ONLINE" that is torture

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A moment of silence please for the hardworking people in retail this Christmas for suffering not only rude customers but also for enduring six weeks of none stop Christmas songs everyday! Imagine, 6 weeks of a 9-5 job with constant Christmas. It actually reminds me of this:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/1...music_torture/
    retail is more like 6-12 than 9-5 with people often working say 12-12 and then opening to work 6am-6pm

It's the reason why I no longer work in retail. It wasn't this bad back when I worked, though. Only had a few fights in my store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, it's super bummy how working in retail will suck slightly more in the next month an a half than it already does the rest of the year...

I'm glad that those days are behind me for sure. Much love to the peeps still in it.

As someone who never participates in Black Friday, I remember shaking my head at how much people were getting suckered when my managers told me how it all works. Then when it rolled around, I very quickly lost my pity and went into anger at how petulant people are over that crap. What a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you get the best stories working in retail -- I remember working Black Friday at Home Depot many years ago and watching people fight over $20 Rigid Shop-Vacs.

Nothing says Holidays like people lining up outside in the cold hours before a store opens, and risking physical harm just to save the same few dollars they would have saved by buying it at 12:01am online.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Do people still go to shops. I use the internet for all my shopping. Have so for years.

There but for the grace of God...

Isn't Black Friday in celebration of the date that stores traditionally start to make money?

10+ Year Old Account
    I work for Amazon... and it sucks right now lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I’m on vacation all week. Used to work front of the house hospitality and had it as bad as the retail folk. But moved into admin and now I live like a normal person!

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    you can tune out the crappy music, its the crappy people going online and then coming to the store unrelentingly saying "IT SAYS YOU HAVE IT ONLINE" that is torture
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Don't forget hostpitality, I remember working behind the bar when the dreaded christmas drinkers would embark on thier yearly trip to the boozer. Fucking shocking stuff.

Its like someone ordering a Guinness last while clicking thier fingers x 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Don't forget hostpitality, I remember working behind the bar when the dreaded christmas drinkers would embark on thier yearly trip to the boozer. Fucking shocking stuff.

Its like someone ordering a Guinness last while clicking thier fingers x 1000.
    Ugh, don't remind me of holiday-goers.

Not so much a Christmas thing, but I worked at a beach-side bar in Greece years back...and the drunk tourists were the worst...especially the British ones if I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Isn't Black Friday in celebration of the date that stores traditionally start to make money?
    no, its just the time of year that the holiday shopping generally starts to kick off and is the most profitable.

I walked out of a job at Toys-R-Us in the middle of November (manager called my bluff and ended up needing to rebuild his entire department). I would go back in and just watch the chaos just to remind myself to never work retail again.

God bless those poor, poor bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear that, I'm at the front of it in a big department store, with its own large christmas section so it gets a lot of people flooding there, especially on weekends.

I feel this is a fine place to post these videos.

What I love about this 6 part series, is everything, EVERYTHING he says in these videos is true, and speaks to all of us working in retail.
    #boycottchina

I avoid the mall or any shopping in brick and mortar stores until after the holidays. I hate holiday crowds. I order everything online.