Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I think that is an excellent idea. It would allow all the incredibly toxic purist to self segregate themselves and the rest of the Clasic player base would not be poisoned by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Sounds good. I would enjoy playing with a bunch of other old men, so we can bitch about the younger generation in barrens chat.

Just want to say that I don't care if you're noob, as long as you are a noob that played vanilla when it was current. My point is not that I want all the elite players of vanilla in 1 server. I want all who played vanilla when it was current on 1 realm and we can walk down memory lane without interference from fake vanilla's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And yeah I love when people talk about Vanilla-Like servers as if they played the real thing. They played a decent emulation but it wasn't the real thing. I mean one look at the amount of people falling into 3 classes only, like what 60% of the server? Lol.
    Emulation has nothing to do with how class population changed over the years. This is how vanilla became over the years in the private server community, the game is well known now and people adjusted to what's best. Back in the days I capitalized a lot on knowing about the game while people were struggling to learn the game...people would laugh at me for playing a dps warrior until I link them the damage meter and noticed how I've done most of the work ("warriors can only tank", remember that?).

I played Vanilla back in the days entirely from Nov 2004 to the beginning of 2007 (just before BC), raided everything except C'tun and 3/4 of Naxx (guild wasn't good enough) and I can tell you WoW on Nostalrius/Elysium/LightHope is very similar to the real vanilla experience. The only differences are small non game-breaking server bugs (that were also present back in the days), the fact that it uses v1.12 client all the time (which seems to be accepted by most), adjustment to gold farming spots (somewhat of a big deal but only for the economy, I would prefer if this was unnerfed tho) and higher spawn rate for ores, herbs, etc due to 3-4 times the population of an intended vanilla server (~2.5k). Other than those...definitely a Vanilla experience.

While leveling in 1.01 and 1.12 is different, both are still Vanilla experiences. I do understand that some people want to start from 1.01, I would be curious to give it a try...the game is definitely more buggy and difficult due to weaker class design than what 1.12 offer but that would the closest thing to a true vanilla experience imo.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire thread's theme seems to evolve around trying to put down other people because of how long they have or haven't played WoW. That kind of discussion isn't productive or appropriate. We don't need threads designed just to shit on other people, so I'm closing this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |