Poll: What would you do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You get a phone call from the future!

You get a phone call from the future, normally you don't pick up but it is a number you recognize, however on the other end you hear your own voice telling you that you have less than an hour to warn everybody at the airport they must evacuate or everybody with in the mile is going to be killed.

You don't have much time and the voice on the other end that sounds like you is pretty convincing, so much so that your future self kind of gives you shit for doubting them.

What would you do?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Short-sell airline stocks.

Deleted
    Me in real life would not save anyone that airport unless they are a friend of family, shit like this is how you get arrested.

Nothing.

If i warn everyone, people will think i have something to do with it. And no one will believe me cause ill be in such a fast panic they'll just think im a nutjob. So ill be arrested, detained and possibly killed anyway.

If i dont, lots of people die. But fuck it at least im free

Deleted
    1. I wouldn't pick up
    2. I wouldn't call

So this scenario doesn't even get to the fictional part for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Me in real life would not save anyone that airport unless they are a friend of family, shit like this is how you get arrested.
    Honestly this makes a lot of sense if you understand the situation realistically, you are 100% correct, but the risk to save lives wouldn't be worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    1. I wouldn't pick up
    2. I wouldn't call

So this scenario doesn't even get to the fictional part for me :P
    The future you knows you, and knows how to get you to pick up, so, you are stuck.

Ask my future self for information on stocks, winning sporting event stats, popular trends, lyrics and scripts to award winning songs/movies, and revolutionary apps/inventions for the next however many years he is ahead of me in the timeline.

I'd probably also be trying to distance myself from the airport at this time.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I live more than an hour away from ANY airport...so /shrug.

I can trust my future self not to trick my current self with BS.

Now, on the other hand, if this happened, I don't know what I'd do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Typical paradox. If you received the call and got everyone out like you were supposed to then you would be creating an alternate future where you never called yourself because there was no need to.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Ask my future self for information on stocks, winning sporting event stats, popular trends, lyrics and scripts to award winning songs/movies, and revolutionary apps/inventions for the next however many years he is ahead of me in the timeline.

I'd probably also be trying to distance myself from the airport at this time.
    LOL your future self wouldn't give you any of that information unless you were did what you were told, and would probably laugh once you did, tell you was a prank and cackle right before they hung up.

It's a trap. Very little impact you can actually have to prevent such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Typical paradox. If you received the call and got everyone out like you were supposed to then you would be creating an alternate future where you never called yourself because there was no need to.
    Interesting breakdown makes me think of Terminator, in that at some point, something had to happen to start the paradox that would eventually self fulfill itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The future you knows you, and knows how to get you to pick up, so, you are stuck.
    Well the power to make something impossible possible would be much more interesting than your scenario. What does earth or whatever matter, when indeed the highest possible power (author's authority) is shown live? There is no other way I pick up or would call if not some greater outer power like that is involved, rendering the rest of the plot meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    LOL your future self wouldn't give you any of that information unless you were did what you were told, and would probably laugh once you did, tell you was a prank and cackle right before they hung up.
    Then I'd just start cutting off my own fingers until he told me the truth. If I know me, I can assume that future me probably likes having fingers.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Then I'd just start cutting off my own fingers until he told me the truth. If I know me, I can assume that future me probably likes having fingers.
    You are truly twisted. LOL

That wouldn't be me calling myself since I wouldn't ever call myself to begin with in the proposed scenario.

Thats the thing. Out of all of the bad things that could happen between now and that phone call, why would I call and warn my past self about some airport?

Unless I was already there or heading there.. If I was there, then obviously something already happened to cause me to leave in the first place to make me be able to even call from the future. So why would I call?

Obviously i care about hundreds, if not thousands of people dying. But that happens every day. Even if i was able to save them, how would I do so? Id be arrested for even calling the airport to warn people. This isnt just evacuating the airport. Its evacuating the airport AND the surrounding area for 1+ miles.

I'd ask about winning Powerball numbers.

I doubt I would recognize my own voice tbqh. I would hang up and go back to playing pokemon cause that bitch can call back at an earlier time if she really wants to save the airport because she knows I live 1-2 hours from the closest airport even without traffic.