Poll: What would you do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People would likely think I was crazy, or police would think I was messing with them and arrest me, etc. If a hypothetical bomb actually exploded, I just became a suspect. Amazing.

How in the world would I convince AN ENTIRE AIRPORT to evacuate in only an hour?
    Even if I called in and could convince them that I knew with absolute certainty by claiming I was the cause they still wouldn't evacuate in time if at all.

It's irrelevant. Future Me is only calling because they've either experienced the deadly event or acquired information about it. This means that if I do anything that that future does not happen since I would change the circumstances causing myself to learn about/witness the event therefore they would have not called me in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    It's irrelevant. Future Me is only calling because they've either experienced the deadly event or acquired information about it. This means that if I do anything that that future does not happen since I would change the circumstances causing myself to learn about/witness the event therefore they would have not called me in the first place.
    It could be that the call came from a universe where you saw the event and subsequently made a call to a universe that was further behind in time than your "current" universe.
    The other universe already suffered the deaths but this one can be spared thanks to the phone call. (provided you can even convince people to leave which sounds super hard)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang up, shrug, and start watching news sites for body counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'd do nothing. And so would a vast majority of people who'd actually be thrust into that situation.

There are a lot of crazy people who believe crazy things, but as soon as you pull this shit on them they'd start questioning everything about it. It will lead them into doing nothing because of the inherent doubt they have. No amount of reassurance from the caller would change their minds. Not even if everything came true. Because they'd then think the person who called them was the person who planted the bomb and not actually from the future.

Not going to go into from another angle because it's a paradox and doesn't work out logically.
    Last edited by urasim; 2017-11-23 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Either I'm crazy and need to be locked up, or I learn how to time travel eventually and whatever I do now isn't a bid deal. So, call in a bomb threat to the airport after asking my asshole self why he didn't call in a bomb threat to the airport himself.

I doubt I'd do anything. Even if future self could convince me that they were from the future and that this was really happening, there's no way that anyone's going to listen to anything I have to say on the matter. The only effective way to get anyone to listen to you is by calling in a threat of some kind and then you're going to be found complicit, so... Not gonna throw away my future for the chance to possibly save some randos. If I knew and cared about someone at the airport, that might be a different story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Me in real life would not save anyone that airport unless they are a friend of family, shit like this is how you get arrested.
    I'd ask my future self one simple question:

"Well then, how did you warn everybody without getting arrested or taken as a nutjob?"

Then i'd follow my instructions and problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make much sense, why didn't the future me simply call the airport to warn everyone instead of calling myself... it's actually pretty retarded. Either way I know it's not me so I'd tell the authorities., pretty simple really, why bother telling anyone about the future self part lol.

"some crazy guy just told me something bad is gonna happen at the airport."

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You get a phone call from the future, normally you don't pick up but it is a number you recognize, however on the other end you hear your own voice telling you that you have less than an hour to warn everybody at the airport they must evacuate or everybody with in the mile is going to be killed.

You don't have much time and the voice on the other end that sounds like you is pretty convincing, so much so that your future self kind of gives you shit for doubting them.

What would you do?

Sorry but anyone who would willingly fuck with time or try to change the past or view the future is an idiot. There is so much you can fuck up to the point of yourself not being born, billions being killed by the smallest change. No one has any right to change the past at all. i always cringe when i hear people talk about going back in time and killing hitler, they dont have a fucking clue what would have happened had we not had ww2 like that, millions upon millions more could have died, critical tech that has saved billions may not have been invented ect.

Deleted
    Unless relatives happen to be at that airport i wont do anything i guesd. Dont mess with the timeline.