Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yes it's kinda sad that in these amazing times with vanilla finally coming back we're surrounded by hate. Parts of the retail community on one side and the entire private server community on the other side
    dont worry in 2 months eveyrbody will chill out once they realise its at least 2 years wait time before they will release it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    So far it seems the "purist" crowd are actually the most hateful bunch of people around here.
    Yeah, those "purist retailers" scares me too =/

There are probably different reasons to it but I can't really think of a good one. One might be that they are afraid of losing their friends to classic, leaving their guilds empty. Another may be that they think Blizzard will do a worse job providing for retail if they are also running classic, which is already said to be untrue since classic WoW is getting a new team that doensn't use resources from retail. And ofcourse people just like to hate for the sake of hating.

This could also be the result of some kind of outrage when they have fought against the idea of classic WoW for so long, and then hearing from Blizzcon that classic servers are actually going to be a thing. People on this forum used to spam that classic servers were never going to happen with that ''Wall of No'' from theirs. Now that they are disproven they go to the next step of telling us that classic WoW will either not be succesful or gets boring after X amount of time. And when this is disproven..... well hopefully they keep their mouths shut from further embarrassment by then. Either way I don't see this hate going anywhere, especially considering that MMO-C has always been more of a retail forum with the most fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Ok lets be real. The amount of new subs they need to attract has to exceed both their initial investment and maintenance costs for this to be a gain. Again, we also assume the 2nd team is BS (which, I doubt it, but probably also overstated)

Blizzard - who ostensibly has access to much more data than us and aren't a charity - has seen that this is a good wager to make. I only think it sensible to side with Blizzard's willingness to commit over your (reasonable) conjecture. They may end up being wrong, but they're the safer bet.

If Classic cannibalises retail (which I highly doubt), then as someone who is more interested in Classic than BfA, I'd be thrilled.
    I'm sure you will be but thats also why people like me hope that classic crashes and burns.
    The project hurts the game I like, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Self-examination is a good thing but this is a game forum.

There's enough talking about one another in other threads without setting up a thread about it.

Closed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-11-24 at 06:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."