Mythic Keystone lvl in your weekly chest?

Hello, I coudn't find a thread talking about this issue so I'll try to ask here.
    My guildies and I want to set our keystones as high as posible for the next week ( in order to try to make a +15 to loot on December 5th), I was so sure about how to do it cos I saw that pattern in my keys ( you get -1 from the key you own in yout bag, not the highest dungeon you do ?), but my guildies did thought otherwise.

So, how does mythic keystones upgrade/downgrade system work? I mean, what does determinate what lvl keystone are you expected to get in your weekly chest?

I remember doing a +15 in August, left for some months, came back on mid October, and got a +14 key from my chest (from the +15 I did back in August I guess), since that, I've been running 10-11 the lastest weeks (never my key), but the key I've got every week is always -1 from the prior keystone I had in my bag. So, it has been downgraded from 14 till 8 this week (as I said, i never used my keys), taking 1 level every week. As an example, last week I did 10-11 (as usually) and got a +9 key in my bag, and now it is a +8.

Any help? Thanks in advance

pretty sure it just give you 1 level lower than your highest cleared, I did a +16 the last two weeks and got a +15 key each tuesday

I think it's the highest you did that week (-2).

Your example is a little strange though. My understanding is they reset weekly whether there is loot in them or not. So, you really shouldn't have been able to loot your chest if you weren't doing it literally the next week. Like, if you wait two weeks - your loot should be gone.

I'm sorry it is (-1) from the highest you did.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I think it's the highest you did that week (-2).

Your example is a little strange though. My understanding is they reset weekly whether there is loot in them or not. So, you really shouldn't have been able to loot your chest if you weren't doing it literally the next week. Like, if you wait two weeks - your loot should be gone.

I'm sorry it is (-1) from the highest you did.
    if you don't loot the chest, it stays in the chest aslong as you didn't recieve a new one. He took a break so there wasn't any new chest coming that could overwrite his old loot.

As far as I know and ingame experience has shown the keystone you get is whatever is the highest from the following:
    - Highest keystone done in prior week -1
    - Keystone you looted from your last chest -1

Edit: Though there seems to be some kind of system in place that if you haven't run your own key for a longer period it will always downgrade going from that one. I've seen it happen on alts I haven't played in a long time when I just want to get my weekly loot.

it's -1 from the highest dungeon you run, the key in your bag means nothing other than you can use it to start a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    if you don't loot the chest, it stays in the chest aslong as you didn't recieve a new one. He took a break so there wasn't any new chest coming that could overwrite his old loot.

As far as I know and ingame experience has shown the keystone you get is whatever is the highest from the following:

Edit: Though there seems to be some kind of system in place that if you haven't run your own key for a longer period it will always downgrade going from that one. I've seen it happen on alts I haven't played in a long time when I just want to get my weekly loot.
    So it may be a way to encourage people to upgrade their keys / punish people who only "benefits from others"? Could be... Anyways, upgraded my key to +11 in a run this week, let's see what key I'll get on reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post

So it may be a way to encourage people to upgrade their keys / punish people who only "benefits from others"? Could be... Anyways, upgraded my key to +11 in a run this week, let's see what key I'll get on reset.

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    it's -1 from the highest dungeon you run, the key in your bag means nothing other than you can use it to start a dungeon.
    Ye that's what makes sense to me also. But then why did I got a +8 while doing a 10 or 11 the lastest week?

Quote Originally Posted by Urs0x View Post

Ye that's what makes sense to me also. But then why did I got a +8 while doing a 10 or 11 the lastest week?
    If you skip a week's chest (by not doing a run that week) then the first M+ you clear after that will drop a keystone that is -1 whatever your last picked up was.

Example
    Week 1: You cleared a 10.
    Week 2: Looted a 9 keystone from your chest, but did not do any runs.
    Week 3+: No chest to loot; 8 keystone drops from your next run which could be this week or in 4 weeks. Once that happens, the cycle resets since you've now completed a run and will be eligible for a chest.
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2017-11-26 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    If you skip a week's chest (by not doing a run that week) then the first M+ you clear after that will drop a keystone that is -1 whatever your last picked up was.

Example
    Week 1: You cleared a 10.
    Week 2: Looted a 9 keystone from your chest, but did not do any runs.
    Week 3+: No chest to loot; 8 keystone drops from your next run which could be this week or in 4 weeks. Once that happens, the cycle resets since you've now completed a run and will be eligible for a chest.
    That scenario makes sense, but the thing is that I haven't skipped any chest nor any run since then. Everytime I opened the chest that week, I also did a run to get a chest the next week.

Normally chest-key is highest done -1 or sth.
    I was offline for multiple weeks, haven't done a Mythic+ before I paused -> no chest. Before that, the highest I ever did was +11.
    Yesterday I did a +14 and got a +13 key via bossdrop.

Also if you do say 16, next week you get a 15 key but only do +10, you will get +14 in your chest the week after anyway.

Simplified - Your Keystone decays by 1 level per week, unless you do levels higher than your obtained key.

So much misinformation in this thread, or rather incomplete information.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Also if you do say 16, next week you get a 15 key but only do +10, you will get +14 in your chest the week after anyway.

Simplified - Your Keystone decays by 1 level per week, unless you do levels higher than your obtained key.
    This is correct.

The key you get next week is based on the highest level dungeon you did this week -1. Unless you already have a higher key in your bags from a previous week, in which case it will be -1 from that.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2017-11-26 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    The key you get next week is based on the highest level dungeon you did this week -1. Unless you already have a higher key in your bags from a previous week, in which case it will be -1 from that.
    That's what I thought during these weeks when my key went down from 14 ( I was just doing 10-11), but since this week I got a +8 (doing atleast, +10 last week, and having a +9 in my bag) that got me worried and confused about how did the keystone work, hence my post.

Anyways, seems that makes sense and hope it gets that way from now on.

There is very little reason to not change the weekly key to be the highest you ran last week (without the -1 "penalty"). Ever since they changed how keys work it just doesn't make sense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    So much misinformation in this thread, or rather incomplete information.

This is correct.

This is actually good information to know, never noticed.