Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Those are not buzzwords, those are actual descriptions of how people behave..

Hahaha, typical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Hahaha, typical.
    So you have no argument, thanks for confirming

Just saw that Paddington Bear advert as of this thread, aside from him saying "fuck you little bear" I thought it was really good. What are people mad about this time, the burglar turning into Santa good will story?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Just saw that Paddington Bear advert as of this thread, aside from him saying "fuck you little bear" I thought it was really good. What are people mad about this time, the burglar turning into Santa good will story?
    Idiots bitching about a inter-racial couple because apparently we're living in 1917

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post

Britain has always been this way, just ask the BBC.
    You do know that there actually were Emperors (and other important figures) of African descent in the Roman Empire? It was a remarkably diverse place, especially in its later years, and especially in the army.

Like, if people want to bitch at stupid shit like black Vikings, be my guest, but whining about that sort of thing just shows the ignorance of the person whining.

I bet advertisers tweak these commercials just enough so that they generate some internet buzz. All those social media comments are free publicity.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    some people are pissed because the Thief Character is a White male.
    As a white male, I'm proud to share... I don't know... skin tone? private bits? With Garrett, he's pretty cool

I feel as though I am personally responsible for his actions (good and bad) because my skin is similarly prone to long-term exposure to sunlight, and I too pee while standing up.
    Racism is just so profoundly dumb sometimes I can't figure out how to interact with it - do they get that they aren't responsible for the actions of other white people, let alone fictional people?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I bet advertisers tweak these commercials just enough so that they generate some internet buzz. All those social media comments are free publicity.
    Actually I suspect they don't give two frigs about the online cesspool that is YT comments

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Exhibit A : a dangerously subversive Christmas add with a certain polite ursine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfaSxIkLslE

Exhibit B : the presumably 4-chan coordinated comments of all proud internet warriors, who fight each other trying, to shoerhorn the most call to murders possible while bashing a Christmas add with a teddy bear....hey I will let you discover those wonderful ''christian'' message about hanging women who sleep with non white, gassing Jews and putting bullets in the heads of kids of mixed ''race''
    Is this a thread about the comments on a YouTube clip??? Must be a slow news day. Literally ever comment section of everything on the internet, is full of vile stuff being said. I fail to see the relevance of the topic. Maybe someone else can help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Is this a thread about the comments on a YouTube clip??? Must be a slow news day. Literally ever comment section of everything on the internet, is full of vile stuff being said. I fail to see the relevance of the topic. Maybe someone else can help me out?
    Fracking calling a Paddington Bear add a ''KUNSPIRACY AGAINST DUH WHITE RACE''.

"Anti-SJW's" are in fact the biggest SJW's out there.

More news at 10.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So you have no argument, thanks for confirming
    What is there to argue? Was just laughing at your self-jerking to make yourself feel better. All your post said was "blah blah buzzwords are true blah blah I think I am right everytime I post blah blah."

Next time you want to make yourself feel better save yourself a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Why is it ok to want to see interracial couple in commercials but not ok to want to see white couples in commercials? Is this another one of those "you cant be racist towards white folks threads?"
    There are plenty of white couples you can see in commercials. There is no shortage of them, that is unless you want all commercials to feature white couples.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Idiots bitching about a inter-racial couple because apparently we're living in 1917
    Ahh I see, well with that case it's a sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for the guys making these adverts.. Stuff like this goes over my head a lot though I have to admit, I would never have picked out that reasoning for the fuss as I was too focused on the story between the Burglar and the Bear to focus on the minor details.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Fracking calling a Paddington Bear add a ''KUNSPIRACY AGAINST DUH WHITE RACE''.
    Is this your first time reading YouTube comments, or coming in to contact with trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is there to argue? Was just laughing at your self-jerking to make yourself feel better. All your post said was "blah blah buzzwords are true blah blah I think I am right everytime I post blah blah."

You're projecting and i find it rather amusing how you keep proving my point.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Hey !! Don't you dare challenge the monopoly left has on buzzwords usage

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    Shall we give so much of our thinking time to people who have trouble to adapt themselves to modern societies and standards? People who have such a shallow personnality that they need to refer to their skin color and supposed history that they don't understand to reimplace that?

These people aren't an issue. It's the cynical politicians that use that fear and ignorance who are. But that isn't new. Fascism was built on that, and it is a way where no one win in the end.

But whatever, there will be people who will blame others rather than question themselves and how they live. I have seen that with anti-feminists nerds on the Internet. Yeah, I spend all my waking time behind a computer and I want a girlfriend to pamper me like my mother used to do. But I can't find one! It's because of feminists that make good girls hate men, not because I can't consider women as an human being. And that the same thing with racism.

Let them live in their own little bubble on the Internet, where they think they matter, and let's focus on making the real world better. They will just disappear as time goes, because you can't go against history. Now, it is our responsibility to make politicians understand that these ideas are outdated and shouldn't be used for their own personal ambition. That's a bigger and more important fight.
    Exactly. Society will continue to get better for more people overall despite some wanting to go back into the past cause... nostalgia., might be able to slow down the train but can't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    There are plenty of white couples you can see in commercials. There is no shortage of them, that is unless you want all commercials to feature white couples.
    Those folks who were upset that white folks were in commercials, demanding more non white folks be in commercials, are totally not racists because there are plenty white folks. Got it. Well these folks not wanting non white folks are totally not racists as well then since there are currently plenty of non white folks in commercials. Just trying to be consistent with the logic here.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Maybe for racists people...
    I think it's more the feeling that because of how regularly it occurs in adverts where they likely placed emphasis on finding a mixed race couple (which makes sense for advertising, more people involved = more people maybe associate themselves with the individual and the related product), it seems forced to the point that it becomes disproportionate to reality. That brings the argument back to the whole 'quota's' thing in the workplace. It's quite the rabbit hole.

Fortunately I don't watch tv and have adblock so I can ignore posts about adverts without agreeing or disagreeing.