Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    I think it's more the feeling that because of how regularly it occurs in adverts where they likely placed emphasis on finding a mixed race couple (which makes sense for advertising, more people involved = more people maybe associate themselves with the individual and the related product), it seems forced to the point that it becomes disproportionate to reality. That brings the argument back to the whole 'quota's' thing in the workplace. It's quite the rabbit hole.

Fortunately I don't watch tv and have adblock so I can ignore posts about adverts without agreeing or disagreeing.
    It doesn't seem that "special" or "forced" to me as my entire family is mixed.

Deleted
    I think it's more the feeling that because of how regularly it occurs in adverts where they likely placed emphasis on finding a mixed race couple (which makes sense for advertising, more people involved = more people maybe associate themselves with the individual and the related product), it seems forced to the point that it becomes disproportionate to reality. That brings the argument back to the whole 'quota's' thing in the workplace. It's quite the rabbit hole.

Fortunately I don't watch tv and have adblock so I can ignore posts about adverts without agreeing or disagreeing.
    Or inter-racial couples are just common in London

Like, it is a fucking commercial. People getting their panties in a twist over interracial couples in commercials are trying way too hard to be offended. It is really as simple as that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No they aren't, sure there are some but rarely seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Like, it is a fucking commercial. People getting their panties in a twist over interracial couples in commercials are trying way too hard to be offended. It is really as simple as that...
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying how this is how I think some people get themselves worked up over it, over thinking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fairly, in London. The UK is 87.2 % white, but in London:

"At the 2011 census London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe."

In 2016 London had a population of 8.788 million, but I assume the breakdown remained fairly similar. If I were an advertiser and had a fairly even split in demographics i'd probably have fairly diverse advertisements too.

Genuinely love how people get angry at this sort of thing.

Then go on to complain that SJWs complain too much.

Almost like they're both stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Did you not notice the BBC story I linked? Archaeological evidence says you're wrong.
    please sir, that is clearly contrived.

on a matter as absurd as this, nothing short of DNA is evidence

Not gonna lie, I had myself a jolly lol when the interracial family appeared. IDK about you guys, but I plan on celebrating Cuckmas 2017 by giving my gf away to some BBC. Gotta make reparations for the thousand years of oppression that I am totally guilty of because I was born to two evil white people.

Quote Originally Posted by SealMemeSix View Post
    Not gonna lie, I had myself a jolly lol when the interracial family appeared. IDK about you guys, but I plan on celebrating Cuckmas 2017 by giving my gf away to some BBC. Gotta make reparations for the thousand years of oppression that I am totally guilty of because I was born to two evil white people.
    Could someone translate this into English. It is using English words but really makes no sense in the way it is organized.

"White women won't sleep with me, Therefore its white genocide"

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "White women won't sleep with me, Therefore its white genocide"

Lol
    Its sad but this is like... really, really, REALLY close to the logic these idiots are using.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here’s a solution: ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Its sad but this is like... really, really, REALLY close to the logic these idiots are using.
    What logic? Thats basically their logic. Incel was a reddit board for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    What logic? Thats basically their logic. Incel was a reddit board for a reason.
    Idk about Incel, but I know these idiot's main argument is "white people are dying out cause whites and blacks are getting together so its genocide of the pure white race". Is that reddit some place where it extended to being angry at white women in general cause they were forever alone losers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I love hearing about the "war on Christmas" as an active Pagan.

Oh yeah nevermind you decimated my ancestors, killed my people, stole their culture and their beliefs and made them your own, but now are bitching about how there is a war against your now stolen beliefs?

Lmfao Christians, never fucking change you rude, lowest common denominator of 'belief'.

(Infracted)
    You cant steal culture, it doesnt belong to any specific person or group.

You have no people, and if you consider bunch of random strangers from the past whom you share generic pool with "your people" you would have been bitching that they are nazi or commie scum just like you do at people who you are building a common society now. Im not getting at any particular faction here, i dont know you. But what im saying is that complaining about past events you had nothing to do with nor the people you blame had nothing to do with is a human universal in lack of proper perspective. Im also not saying that there are not certain philosophies that are predatory or vile because there are plenty but the best thing you can do is actually hit the problem within the philosophy rather than some nonsensical tribalistic shit.. for example, the notion of faith being a good thing. It litteraly means you have no evidence of what you believe in and yet you do. How is that an inteligent way to go about things? I think its hypocritical of you to call out other faith while you still have faith yourself.

Another thing is i dont think its possible to have an adult discussion on this forum because even the most matter of fact sentiment towards religion that isnt praising it gets infracted. Talk about building an echo chamber where ignorance gets magnified and protected. If mmochampion doesnt want religion criticised in fear of some religious ideologues getting offended then why does it allow criticism of any other ideology like republicanism or liberalism or progressivism etc. After all people are responsible for the ideas they choose to represent and thus are open to having them bashed and criticised however harshly someone wants are they not? Or does religion have a special status because its not a freely chosen idea to hold an support? You dont get born with it, You have free choice in it like with all views you hold. I think it isnt special at all and people who claim offence and made such idiotic rules on the forum a reality want special priviledges or are lead by misguided notion that keeping religion a protected taboo is good manners. I think its mainly because they know their faith is an easy target and has no backing to it.

If were not gonna allow bashing religion because someone higher up decided he wants a gaming forum not a political discussion forum then we should lock any offtopic that doesnt relate strictly to games or that includes any form of social debate.

Otherwise we end up in a chamber where religion gets a priviledged status over non religion or anti religion which may falsly sugests to many young people that they should have such a priviledge or that that means the pro religious stance is teh correct one to take.

Now watch me get infracted for speaking frankly and truthfully.
    Last edited by mmoc539e82d918; 2017-11-29 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Won't somebody please think of the racists!