Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cyberpunk 2077 will include online elements to ensure long-term success, says CDPR

http://www.pcgamer.com/amp/cyberpunk...ys-cd-projekt/

We still don't know all that much about CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077, however we did learn last year that it could feature "seamless multiplayer". Now, company CEO Adam Kiciński has suggested it'll include online elements so as to ensure its long-term success.

In conversation with Polish investment site Strefa Inwestorow (via TechRaptor), Kiciński explores the areas in which Cyberpunk aims to improve on The Witcher 3's success, despite remaining tight-lipped on the particulars.

Here's the man himself (don't forget subtitles, assuming you don't speak Polish):

"We want to experiment in new fields that were not yet explored in the Witcher," says Kiciński above, as translated by YouTube's English subtitles. "I can’t say much about Cyberpunk, although our ambitions are set really high because that is our style of work. We want to go even higher, and especially seeing how we’re having a business chat, we’re interested in Cyberpunk being commercially even more significant."

On that point, Kiciński is asked about the possibility of multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077.

He replies: "Online is necessary, or very recommended if you wish to achieve a long-term success. At some point, we have mentioned that there will be a certain online element related to Cyberpunk."

Make of that what you will. In the meantime, here's everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077 at this stage.
    Plz no loot boxes, plz no loot boxes, plz no loot boxes, plz no loot boxes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It's going to be loot boxes.
    Bethesda already ruined their image for me... I dont wanna lose CDPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sounds like multiplayer elements to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    NOOOOOOOOOOO everything but long time success ! This is going to hell real fast.

Rev up those lockboxes.

Inb4 lots and lots of Revenge of the Sith gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Rev up those lockboxes.

Inb4 lots and lots of Revenge of the Sith gifs.
    NO CDPR! You were the chosen one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    NO CDPR! You were the chosen one!
    It was said you would destroy the triple a industry standards, NOT JOIN THEM! bring balance to the gamers! NOT LEAVE IT IN DARKNESS!

Hopefully that doesn't mean loot boxes. I don't hold CDPR on the same pedestal of perfection that some do, but it would be a crying shame if they were tempted by the route of easy money. If it's just some sort of multiplayer mode then I'm generally fine with it so long as it doesn't affect the single-player experience.

It could be online coop, pvp, housing - but we all know it's going to be freaking lootboxes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

How the hell would loot boxes even make sense in a CD Project game? How would you imagine loot boxes in the Witcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    How the hell would loot boxes even make sense in a CD Project game? How would you imagine loot boxes in the Witcher?
    Cyberpunk is based on a multiplayer tabletop rpg like shadowrun not a novel. So item drops with random stats will be a thing. Gotta hack into this vending machine? well just 500 Cyber credits purchased on the PSN and Steam will get you where you need to go! and how about these lockboxes of gear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It's going to be loot boxes.
    ladies and gentlemen OPEN UP YOUR WALLETS!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    you probably couldn't imagine them in shadow of mordor either but shadow of war sure blew the socks out of everyone.
    @Thread

funny how a few days ago they were doing this sly poll at twitter asking people how would they like for headshots in gun combat to work.

somebody should tweet them back and ask them how would lootboxes work in a 'hypothetical RPG with guns'

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just wait and see before assuming it's going to be loot boxes. Being one of the few decent companies left, i'd hope they don't go down this path.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I believe the developers have earned the benefit of the doubt given how well they handled The Witcher 3. It wasn't just the base game that was handled with love and care - the two expansions were as well. Both of which are richer in depth on a standalone basis than some of the games that have come out in recent years.

10+ Year Old Account

No but seriously, what in the actual fuck. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic and hope that this isn't going where I think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be like what Rockstar did with GTA, completly abandon singleplayer for that online money.

Im still salty about not even import some of the online cars to SP.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want to have faith but the seeds of doubt have been planted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I want to have faith but the seeds of doubt have been planted...
    Yes, but lets hope that there is no bullshit as they claim.