10+ Year Old Account

Lineage 2 Revolution

So, I found out about this game the other day from Twitter and thought I would download it and give it a try.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a mobile game this much. This is also my first time playing a Lineage game.

The auto-questing is a little weird, but it's 100% optional. I love the graphics and the story so far, but my biggest complaint is that it feels as if they are pushing the store a little too hard. There's a pop-up every time (or at least it feels that way) I level up about how my gear isn't powerful and I can hit up the store for gear.

I'm only level 20 right now, but it still feels as if the store isn't something I'm going to have to put money into to advance. I get more than enough gold from all the quests (story, daily, and weekly) to keep upgrading my gear and improving talents.

So, anyone else give this game a try? If so, what do you think?

I've heard of this coming out, but also apparently it's a very power hungry game that drains battery like a madman. I'm not going to risk battery life for a game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So, anyone else give this game a try? If so, what do you think?
    I don't agree with their rather aggressive marketing through twitch, they seem to be paying everyone lot's of money to promote the game, even big names like LIRIK accepted promotions, and he as a large streamer would really only have done that if the offer was too good to refuse.

Also, even the fact it has a store, even if it isn't pay2win, automatically makes me want to not play it, as soon as the game dies down a little they're going to introduce hard pay2win or pay4cosmetics, i don't agree with either practice.

I agree that this game is perhaps one of the most complex mobile MMO's, yet, it has all of the issues of a bad PC MMO, and it's a freaking mobile game, I'd rather have a "real" MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've heard of this coming out, but also apparently it's a very power hungry game that drains battery like a madman. I'm not going to risk battery life for a game.
    Oh my god, yeah, it goes through my phone's battery faster than a fat kid through a box of doughnuts. I never play it unless I have a charger nearby.

Still a lot of fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, for anyone who wants to pick up the game, I wanted to give out a few tips for starting:

(1) When you create a character for the first time on a new server (as of writing this), you get two large "crates" of goodies for that server. It's only for that server for one character to use, so make it count. The crates have 100k worth of gold and 1200 red diamonds. If you go to the store, you can use those diamonds to buy 11 high-grade items (they're selected at random). This gives you some really powerful gear at level 1 (and you have a slight chance at the highest quality gear as well). You also get 3 free equipment boxes and one free high-grade equipment boxes each day for each character.

(2) For now, you get extra loot for each day you log in, so log in each day for each character your have (or plan to ever play). The rewards range from currency to gear, so it's worth the moment or two logging in.

(3) As soon as you hit level 10, find a clan. You get extra quests, daily rewards, and currency when you're active with a clan. Once a day you can get a chance at free gear, currency, or relics from an NPC in the clan hall (the rewards get better the more you contribute to the clan).

(4) Remember to keep your charger handy. This game, while a lot of fun, will DESTROY your battery life. If you don't want to stress your phone, just do what many other people are doing: playing the game on an Android emulator on your PC.

So is the game pvp,pve or both?

Got a tablet coming today so I may check it, Not a fan of NCsoft but still mite give it a go.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Auto-Everything the Game, until you get to a boss and its still shit because the NDS Zelda games had more touchscreen mechanics than this.

Its basically a VERY VERY pretty idle clicker game and I won't be touching it again.

I already off and on play one of NCsoft's grinders (BnS) and I don't need another.

For those worried about power, you can play it on a PC with an emulator.