Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So how long does leveling from 1-100 take now? (7.3.5)

so with the changes to quests dungeons etc.

how long does it take now to level from 1-100?

im pretty sure that blizzard will nerfed dungeon XP in order to "encourage" leveling while questing.. so that the world seems "more populated now".. and since everyone is happy to buy some characterboosts im pretty sure that they drag out the levelingprocess just enough to convince people to "just buy a boost already!".
    and every whiteknight will agree.. because you can buy a boost there is no problem with outdated 100times played content to take weeks to complete all of a sudden because they want to give you "a better experience while leveling"... (sorry blizzard but your game is not skyrim where questing and exploring the world is actually fun.)

rip altoholics (i hope im not right)

edit: the first XP nerfs are documented on the frontpage.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-12-01 at 10:22 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason to nerf xp, and leveling will be quicker, not slower.

More people in dungeon level ranges = faster queues too.

So basically, you mask a poor attempt at bait with a sincere question.

Reported, moving on. Conspiracy theories are not allowed here.

About as long as it takes to process a payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I don't see a reason to nerf xp, and leveling will be quicker, not slower.

More people in dungeon level ranges = faster queues too.
    Definitely this. I doubt they'll nerf dungeon XP and if anything, questing will now always be relevant unless you stay in underleveled expansions (e.g., staying in Azeroth post-60), so quests will always give max XP instead of being green/grey as you finish the zone, esp if you're in Heirlooms.

In fact, it'd be kinda fun to get to ~Level 20, complete a buttload of quests (but not turn in), and then pop a 300% XP potion and have your friend fly you around to turn them all in.

Also now that they're adding a transmog incentive to level 1-100 on a new Allied Race, there should be summore people out there leveling.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

it doesn't take long, especially if you have heirlooms
    here's an example, granted the person in question had just about every form of boost possible

and with the level scaling coming in with 7.3.5, which we could see as early as the first tuesday of january, leveling will become even easier

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    PTR Level 88 Townlong Steppes :

Same mob health certainly went up a lot. 12700 to 37300.

Rare spawn went from 95k to 298k health.

Seems like they listened a bit to the Vanilla crowd, mobs are less of a joke now.

Now, numbers are far from final and I have yet to compare other levels/expansions.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-01 at 02:25 AM.

Deleted
    Not that bad if you have heirlooms. Like 1-2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    it doesn't take long, especially if you have heirlooms
    here's an example, granted the person in question had just about every form of boost possible
    (snip)
    and with the level scaling coming in with 7.3.5, which we could see as early as the first tuesday of january, leveling will become even easier
    Not gonna watch it, but that's crazy. The last time I leveled a toon to ~20 when I was bored and with all heirlooms, I'm pretty sure 1-20 alone took me over 2 hours starting as undead.

I'm leveling a shaman right now without any heirlooms on live. I did Ragefire Chasm, WC and Deadmines once. After finishing Mulgore and Azshara I'm almost level 27. I pretty much kill everything on touch even with half of my gear slots empty. Can't wait for this patch.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-12-01 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    well... since everybody is so convinced that leveling will be even faster should ask themselfs if blizzard wants leveling to be faster since "time spend ingame" is one of the most important metrics nowadays.
    (im not asking about RAF or buying potions which cost up to 100k a potion). its about the plain leveling curve/time with heirlooms and dungeon queing and without it. compared live with 7.3.5

here are some reasons why its possible that it in fact will now take more time when 7.3.5 hits.

- Nerfing dungeon XP to get people out in the world so it doesnt seems so empty. (people complain that the world is empty except the mainhubs and instead of merging servers they introduce sharding which kills every interaction with other people)

- world of warcraft is about "time spend in game" so it doesnt matter if you raid heroic on your alts... or are still stuck leveling your alts in northrend

- people who dont want to level 30days to hit maxlevel still can just buy a boost. so billzard can look forward to more boost sales (since subnumbers are not important anymore if they keep making the same if not more money with microtransactions)

so blizzard is making bank all in the name of "better leveling experience" and "reviving old zones".

EDIT: just saw on the frontpage that the first XP nerfs are in for the 1-60 range.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-12-01 at 09:53 AM.

I like these changes - will make gameplay way more interesting while levelling.

Deleted
    so up to 60% xp nerfs just in the range of 1-60.

so leveling will take like 30days played just to get a twink to max level where the actuall farm and current content is.

great change... but i can still just buy a boost if i dont like it right?

it was even on live that as soon as you reach MOP content leveling slowed down so hard. guess its now WOD content thats really slowing down leveling progression. (there are some things that make wod very easy to level thou..)

i really hope that the scaling will offset the nerfs so that it will at least stay the same... but seeing in what direction the gaming industry and wow is heading ("time spend ingame" "MAUs" "additional service payments") wouldnt leave me surprised if the time to level is in fact longer now.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-12-01 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    so with the changes to quests dungeons etc.

how long does it take now to level from 1-100?

im pretty sure that blizzard will nerfed dungeon XP in order to "encourage" leveling while questing.. so that the world seems "more populated now".. and since everyone is happy to buy some characterboosts im pretty sure that they drag out the levelingprocess just enough to convince people to "just buy a boost already!".
    and every whiteknight will agree.. because you can buy a boost there is no problem with outdated 100times played content to take weeks to complete all of a sudden because they want to give you "a better experience while leveling"... (sorry blizzard but your game is not skyrim where questing and exploring the world is actually fun.)

rip altoholics (i hope im not right)
    Hey look your posting another conspiracy theory....reported.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hey look your posting another conspiracy theory....reported.
    "I ONLY WANT TO HEAR MY OWN OPINION IN A DIFFERENT VOICE! DONT TALK BAD ABOUT MY GAME!" "we dont want to hear "conspiracy theories" so please only positive and happy vibes in our forums"

wow what a world to live in

edit: its not a conspiracy theory... im just trying to find out how long the leveling will take when 7.3.5 hits.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-12-01 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Well, seems rather obvious blizzard wants to sell more character boosts to me. Can't think of any other reason to drastically increase the amount of time it takes to level like this?

Thankfully I already have all classes leved to 110

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Well, seems rather obvious blizzard wants to sell more character boosts to me. Can't think of any other reason to drastically increase the amount of time it takes to level like this?

selling boosts or more time spend ingame win-win for blizzard while people who regularly level alts are now doomed to even take more time.. just to get where the time actually should be spend... at the endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post

"Drastically", 5-60%

Considering there won't be green or gray quests anymore, and that we'll be able to finish zones before having to travel somewhere else, I'm wondering if the net result won't be faster than it was, even with the increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    "Drastically", 5-60%

Considering there won't be green or gray quests anymore, and that we'll be able to finish zones before having to travel somewhere else, I'm wondering if the net result won't be faster than it was, even with the increase.
    only level 10 is 5% most levels are 60% and 40% xp increase.

at least the same time required with the changes would be good enough for me (leveling from 1-100 takes enough time right now) but i dont think they can fit in the classic,bc, etc leveling experience into the current xp requirements. so im guessing that it overall will take longer now. (how did EA say it? "we want people to feel good when they unlock something" )
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-12-01 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    "Drastically", 5-60%

Most lvls are getting a 40-60% increase, and mob hp is up by 200-400%. It's not gonna be faster, i like it.