Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    But I thought it was just "overgeared mythic raiders" according to mmoc lfr heroes:

Argus the Unmaker

Cheat Death and similar effects will not reset their cooldowns when you die during the final phase of the Argus the Unmaker encounter.
    Boss Health increased by 10% on Normal and Heroic difficulties
    Soulbomb and Soulburst now deal periodic damage more rapidly
    Edge of Obliteration damage increased by 50%
    Constellar elemental vulnerabilities reduced from +200% to +100% damage taken

I never thought I'd see the day where Blizzard would actually BUFF a boss because it's too easy, but then today happened.

This is certainly a first. 1 week too late though, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where Blizzard would actually BUFF a boss because it's too easy, but then today happened.

Doesn't mean much, you just stay in each phase longer

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Doesn't mean much, you just stay in each phase longer
    It matters for pugs. The ones with subpar DPS will not be able to grind through P4 and get a kill.

last phase ramps up so the dps check is a little harder.

It should be at appropriate difficulty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    This is certainly a first. 1 week too late though, the damage is done.

Man, how bad must you feel if you're in a guild that couldn't even go 11/11 normal in the first week. Then you find out it was so easy that Blizzard had to buff the boss. Truth be told, it was a face roll. The fight was 3 phases of killing time and waiting and then one phase of actually having to do stuff.

When was the last time they ever buffed a raid boss like this? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    When was the last time they ever buffed a raid boss like this? Genuinely curious.
    EN, both Il'gynoth and Elerethe were buffed as to avoid cheesing them, albeit that was only in Mythic. I can't remember a Heroic boss ever getting buffed, but it was very much necessary.

Not that the buffs are too severe, it just makes the fight longer, limits the padding potential of ph3 and makes ph4 harder for groups with lower DPS. I'd have liked to see mechanics added but I suppose that's out of a hotfix's scope.

Where's the retards who were defending this boss now?

Now, given you only get so many deaths before the tree goes kaput, is this just an increase in DPS check on P4? Having not seen the fight on heroic I don't to sound like a moron, but I'd imagine that this also puts a bit more strain on the tank that's currently on the boss due to the fact that you only have so many re-dos from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by psukardi View Post
    Now, given you only get so many deaths before the tree goes kaput, is this just an increase in DPS check on P4? Having not seen the fight on heroic I don't to sound like a moron, but I'd imagine that this also puts a bit more strain on the tank that's currently on the boss due to the fact that you only have so many re-dos from the tree.
    it's really just a buff to phase 4. All other phases are controlled phases with minor ramp-up but P4 ramps up significantly. 10% hp buff and 50% buff to tank debuff means your tanks will be dying more frequently than before so you can't screw up as much.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    it's really just a buff to phase 4. All other phases are controlled phases with minor ramp-up but P4 ramps up significantly. 10% hp buff and 50% buff to tank debuff means your tanks will be dying more frequently than before so you can't screw up as much.
    That's not the tank debuff is it? Edge of Obliteration is the easily dodged p2 lines on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    That's not the tank debuff, that's the spinning scythe in p2

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Yea, full on ridic.

We jumped in to heroic Argus last night. 1st pull was an accident while people were eating. 2nd pull we wiped on last phase. 3rd pull we killed it. Argus was unforgivably easy, but the entire instance feels under-tuned on both normal and heroic imo. Made me wonder if Blizz was trying to incent non-mythic guilds to try out mythic since all normal and heroic content is likely to be completed within a week or two.
    I think you're right. If guilds faceroll normal/heroic they'll either sit around bored, make alts or have to go into mythics. It's going to be a while until expansion and the way we're going I figure by mid January most guilds should be 12/12 Heroic. Probably sooner with the mythic +15s, tier gear, weekly quests from the class hall and the rest

Hm, first boss buff since.. Il'gynoth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's wait for Mythic Mode and we'll see
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hm, first boss buff since.. Il'gynoth?
    Actually... Mistress Sass'zine mythic.

When they removed the cheese blood dk strat.

Blizzard is so retarded. They buffed the endboss after one week(!) because too much groups oneshotted him, but these groups will oneshot him again even with the buffs, while the other groups have a (slightly?) harder progress now. What's the intention?
    Last edited by Daan; 2017-12-05 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Blizzard is so retarded. They buffed the endboss after one week(!) because too much groups oneshotted him, but these groups will oneshot him again even with the buffs, while the other groups have a (slightly?) harder progress now. What's the intention?
    The intention is for a more satisfying boss experience.