Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    South Korea is quite a different story then western Europe tho. Your ties with the US are so much tighter and for safety reasons alone I would move to the US...
    They weren't talking about western europe, they were saying pretty much only people from mexico and the developing world wants to move there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I mean, if you ignore that USA is one of the top destinations for emigrants from South Korea, okay. It's because they hate it so much.
    South Korea is a very small part of the world. Given that you are under threat of nuclear war and europeans by and large don't want you, it isn't really that surprising you might want to go to the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Frankly in the US if you aren't making a decent wage it's for a handful of reasons generally.

1. You offer no skills other than basic labor.
    2. You are unwilling to move to where the jobs are.
    3. You aren't taking the opportunities afforded you by the government by getting the training many states will help provide. For instance in my home state, if you can finish a program in 18 months or less they will help pay for it. These are jobs like Maintenance, Welding, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, etc. Many of these jobs pay very well because they are in high demand and the supply is limited. They are actually begging people to learn how to do these jobs they are in such short supply ( well maybe not HVAC)
    4. You are too dumb, stupid, lazy, and stuck in your ways to change your life.
    You missed one.
    5. You are making up commie fantasies on forums instead of doing something productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Sanders was a crackpot nutjob who had no idea what he was talking about. He was one of the worst, if not the absolute worst, candidates possible, with Hillary being neck and neck with him.
    The worst at what? Offering free college? The scumbag he is.

A revolution will not happen and I hope people aren't dumb enough to try. It's a lot different today than it was during past revolutions. The military has instant communication, fast precision mobilization and ungodly amounts of firepower.

My only advice is people need to start taking their situation seriously. So many completely healthy and able bodied people just sit back and complain yet do nothing to better themselves. I've personally witnessed a guy go from living paycheck to paycheck with a wife and 2 kids to selling a company he built from the ground up for 30+ million.

He had a high school education and no special skills. He just had the drive, focus and determination. It took a loooong time and a lot of adversity but he did it. You can always change yourself for the better, just depends on how bad you want it.
    Last edited by Antius; 2017-12-03 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I think the question should be, why are Americans not taking responsibility for their own fuck ups.

Most people that work minimum wage jobs do so because they never bothered to gain any useful life skills growing up and now work minimum wage and blame everyone else for it.

The "progressive" movement in America these days is nothing but lazy irresponsible idiots wanting handouts because they failed at life.

This is also the reason a revolution wouldn't work, because no one with any real sense or motivation would waste their time.
    Maybe if you didn't need capital to gain any skill (or certification of that skill. Remember kids, my Dad worked as a project manager for 30 years with a highschool diploma, but it was only when offered the 'real' job was he asked for college certification.) then we wouldn't have the problems we do.

The very fact that we have monetized 'teaching skills' and 'certification of skills' makes the floor set pretty damn high for most born without already wealthy caretakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    A revolution will not happen and I hope people aren't dumb enough to try. It's a lot different today than it was during past revolutions. The military has instant communication, fast precision mobilization and ungodly amounts of firepower.

My only advice is people need to start taking their situation seriously. So many completely healthy and able bodied people just sit back and complain yet do nothing to better themselves. I've personally witnessed a guy go from living paycheck to paycheck with a wife and 2 kids to selling a company he built from the ground up for 30+ million.

He had a high school education and no special skills. He just had the drive, focus and determination. It took a loooong time and a lot of adversity but he did it. You can always change yourself for the better, just depends on how bad you want it.
    I'm sorry, but you don't "start a business" working with 2 kids and a wife, and you certainly don't make a 30 million dollar business with that set up from 'nothing'.

Either his parents were smart enough to build his credit in his teens or he got a small loan of a million dollars from his father. Nothing about that screams hardwork to me, it just screams circumstantial and luck.

Which is the fucking point. How can people claim "oh work hard" in a system that is pretty much 90% gambling. Are you fucking telling me I need to work harder everytime I jack the slots arm of life? Lmfao, fucking rich.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Every American aged 18 to 35 can get free college, plus money to offset cost of living expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

And making the billionaire class pay for it, oh no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Every American aged 18 to 35 can get free college, plus money to offset cost of living expenses.
    "free"

Except you have to pay it back in 4 years and if you don't have fun being in debt for life because you can't bankrupt out of it.

Maybe I'd be less salty about this Repubtard tax bill if it actually helped students in debt instead of shitting on soon to be teachers.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-03 at 05:22 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

"free"

Except you have to pay it back in 4 years and if you don't have fun being in debt for life because you can't bankrupt out of it.
    No you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    No you don't.
    Okay mr.10 char, any links or are you just going to bullshit?

There is no such program that allows you to completely skip out on your student loan debt aside from working at vocational schools after you've finished schooling, and that's limited to the teaching class.

There is no free college certification in America. That's a dream and fake news. Stop spreading fake news.

7+ Year Old Account

There is no such program that allows you to completely skip out on your student loan debt aside from working at vocational schools after you've finished schooling, and that's limited to the teaching class.

There is no free college certification in America. That's a dream and fake news. Stop spreading fake news.
    https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_gibill.asp

No different than what Bernie suggests.

Americans aren't revolting because it's only commie femboys like OP who pretend they're revolutionaries.
    Not only would the military kick your teeth in, but the entire country outside of the cities and democrat strongholds would oppose your revolt. Unlike the victims of communism, they are armed to the teeth, and hatred of communism is as American as apple pie.

Fuck capitalism! Revolt!

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    South Korea is a very small part of the world. Given that you are under threat of nuclear war and europeans by and large don't want you, it isn't really that surprising you might want to go to the US.
    makes sense, europeans dont want smarter brighter people in their countries. and thats why USA has most of the smart people from EU.

Maybe if you didn't need capital to gain any skill (or certification of that skill. Remember kids, my Dad worked as a project manager for 30 years with a highschool diploma, but it was only when offered the 'real' job was he asked for college certification.) then we wouldn't have the problems we do.

The very fact that we have monetized 'teaching skills' and 'certification of skills' makes the floor set pretty damn high for most born without already wealthy caretakers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, but you don't "start a business" working with 2 kids and a wife, and you certainly don't make a 30 million dollar business with that set up from 'nothing'.

Either his parents were smart enough to build his credit in his teens or he got a small loan of a million dollars from his father. Nothing about that screams hardwork to me, it just screams circumstantial and luck.

Which is the fucking point. How can people claim "oh work hard" in a system that is pretty much 90% gambling. Are you fucking telling me I need to work harder everytime I jack the slots arm of life? Lmfao, fucking rich.

I have some free time so I'll spell it out for you.

>Guy knows how to change and repair tires. Easy as shit. It's basic labor.
    >Guy scrapes together some money and puts together a beat up service truck with crappy tools.
    >Guy works a night job and solicits his on site tire service to random businesses during the day.
    >Guy gets a few customers that will give him a shot so he starts doing on site calls for them.
    >Eventually guy gets a decent customer base and quits night job.
    >Guy does 24 hour road service for his customers.
    >Customer base gets big enough to add another guy and another truck.
    >Guy eventually buys a small container to keep tires in and grows his inventory.
    >Guy eventually opens up a shitty 1 door garage and buys used equipment to work on small cars.
    >A few years pass and guy moves to bigger shop. More customers and 3 service trucks running.
    >A few years later guy opens up another location in a leased building.
    >A few years later guy opens up yet another location in a leased building.
    >Guy constantly monitoring his locations and employees making sure customers are taken care of.
    >Guy in constant contact with his retail and fleet customers.
    >Guy goes out and buy his property for next location and builds a store that he owns.
    >A few years later guy does the same thing.
    >Guy buys the locations that he's leasing.
    >Yada yada yada
    >25 years later Guy owns 11 auto and service locations with top notch customer service.
    >Giant chain interested in his business. Busts out a wad of money and offers it to him.
    >Guy is rich because he wanted something and went after it.

I'm sure it was extremely hard work. You have to have a strong mental and physical fortitude to do something like this. It can be done though.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good point. My son got a 4 year all paid for college education from the US Army. The catch was, he had to serve 4 years active duty after he finished and then another 4 yrs in the Reserves. Too many wanting a free ride and no sacrifices for them.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Rofl, but who was joining the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good point. My son got a 4 year all paid for college education from the US Army. The catch was, he had to serve 4 years active duty after he finished and then another 4 yrs in the Reserves. Too many wanting a free ride and no sacrifices for them.
    Just to note and to mention. Yes, when you enlist in the army for 4 active, you are only completing 4 of the 8 years that you fine printed into being committed for but you do not have to spend the last 4 in the reserves. You can just leave the army life, and hope the might dodecahedron doesnt roll on your name at the worst time for the remainder of your 8yrs, after 4 yrs of active service. Or spend/waste your time in an inactive reserve unit for 4 years.

You can also kill some of the committed time while in high school.

I was sworn in during my 11th grade year, so when I actually went off to basic training, I was already done with 1.5ish years of my 8 year commitment. Due my swearing in, made me part of the army and by virtue, part of the US Army so they had to honor that time as part of my 8 year commitment. I ended up doing 12yrs active, so in the end it really didnt matter lol. But yeah... Theres always a angle to play when a game is to be had.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of the billionaire's who may not be able to afford that sex slave nobody knows about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Americans aren't revolting because it's only commie femboys like OP who pretend they're revolutionaries.
    Not only would the military kick your teeth in, but the entire country outside of the cities and democrat strongholds would oppose your revolt. Unlike the victims of communism, they are armed to the teeth, and hatred of communism is as American as apple pie.
    Yep that military was really effective against the Taleban, I'm sure it will be effective when it has lost half its infrastructure, manpower, and all of its technological support against a much larger and better equipped opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Well, that's just bullshit. I know about plenty of people who moved to the US from my home country, friends and friends of friends.

I'm amazed that China is our second source of immigrants.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland