Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Getting rid of welfare is stupid, too many people simply have bad luck with getting fired, getting sick or whatever misfortune comes on them...I'd say welfare is great, it just needs a good system to find out who actually deserves it and who doesn't.
    I wonder if those that are against welfare on that level realize that crime would grow rampant without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Getting rid of welfare is stupid, too many people simply have bad luck with getting fired, getting sick or whatever misfortune comes on them...I'd say welfare is great, it just needs a good system to find out who actually deserves it and who doesn't.
    Hey that's fine if you need to be on welfare temporarily because of bad luck, but when i see women having 19 children all with different fathers getting a check for each child that pisses me off. People should not be having babies if they cant afford them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Income inequality in the U.S. is the highest among all developed nations. With the federal minimum wage being only $7.25 per hour, people are living in modern slavery just making enough money to barely survive. The republicans in the senate just voted to give an express lane that is going to make inequality far worse.

How long can this go on without some kind of major revolution?
    *cough*

With the federal minimum wage being only $7.25 per hour
    People are paid what employers can afford. The general rule is that small businesses is what keeps towns and rural communities alive and they cannot grow if they cannot hire.

people are living in modern slavery just making enough money to barely survive
    That's not gonna change under "implementable" communism, that is communism that still has some connection with the outside world. English is not a universal language, but money is.
    People are always gonna be poor in a fiat currency society. Higher wages on the bottom means either more money is printed for compensation, lowering the value of currency, or people are simply going to starve since there's noone to give you a job.

The republicans in the senate just voted to give an express lane that is going to make inequality far worse.
    It's a net gain for everyone in the US if the growth of jobs can increase within 2 years. It's now up to the businesses that has got a tax cut to levels seen in Europe and Asia to create jobs. It's also up to americans to create and grow new small businesses.
    It places responsibility on americans, but it can benefit the lower income bracket by giving them more jobs and in harder to reach areas. Of course it will benefit the higher bracket too, but why would you try hard to become rich in the US when you practically get the money thrown at you overseas. Exaggeration I know, but the US Corporate Tax Rate was much higher than many other places in the world, so it does make it more appealing to become richer here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    What I'm more curious about is why Americans are accepting working nearly 25% more hours than the average European, life is short why waste to much of it working?
    America's GDP and GDP per capita is a lot higher than the Euros.

It depends. You can live better in Southern United States even with a minimum wage job.

If you live in Northern United States and got a crap job, you kinda need to live with others to survive, or get a really good job and never lose it.

I am going to make a few assumptions here: You are either a high schooler or new college student. You also don't know anything about poverty and equality. What is considered poverty in the US isn't really poverty. Poverty is what "Income equality" caused in Venezuela. People are eating their own pets to survive. Hugo Chavez ran a campaign "which advocated an end to corruption, increased spending on social programs, and redistribution of the country’s oil wealth" - Encyclopedia Britannica biography of Hugo Chavez . Little more than a decade later and the people are STARVING TO DEATH IN THE STREETS. This is what income redistribution gets you.

What do the "poor" have in the US? I can't find the source again, but I read an article that showed that 70% of those in "Poverty" have air conditioning, 50% have personal computers, 40% have gaming systems and other leisure items. There are very very few who are actually going hungry in the US. Inequality isn't a reason to revolt, dying is.

There is no perfect system where pure income equality can exist. The best you can do is attempt to give an equality of opportunity and even then this is nearly impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Hey that's fine if you need to be on welfare temporarily because of bad luck, but when i see women having 19 children all with different fathers getting a check for each child that pisses me off. People should not be having babies if they cant afford them.
    Most people on welfare are in work.

The type of story you allude to is one in a million. Congratulations on being duped by scaremongering tabloids owned by billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Looks like feelings to me. Good to know you feel like your feelings are facts and you feel that other people's observations (which are what studies are mind you) are feelings.
    Then point to where I've been wrong in the thread so far...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Poverty is what "Income equality" caused in Venezuela.
    No, "poverty" is what freemarket capitalism caused in Somalia and dozens of other countries far worse off than Venezuela. Venezuela is Monaco by comparison.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-12-03 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I think the question should be, why are Americans not taking responsibility for their own fuck ups.

Most people that work minimum wage jobs do so because they never bothered to gain any useful life skills growing up and now work minimum wage and blame everyone else for it.

The "progressive" movement in America these days is nothing but lazy irresponsible idiots wanting handouts because they failed at life.

This is also the reason a revolution wouldn't work, because no one with any real sense or motivation would waste their time.
    That's a good way of answering the question: people meekly accepting an absurd narrative that if you're poor it's because you didn't work hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So gun rights are the only reason you prefer the United States? Interesting. Gun rights are something that will hopefully go by the wayside, just like the rest of the developed world.

And please, let's not get into another debate about Obama. You tend to forget everything great he did with each conversation. Comparing the two is beyond ludicrous and dives calmly into the realm of insanity.
    I did not say that. And nope, the Second Amendment is here to stay as a min during our lifetimes. More than likely many life times to come.

Listen, the way I felt during Obama's term, is not something you have any control over. Opinion is all. And like noses, we all have them. :P

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I think the question should be, why are Americans not taking responsibility for their own fuck ups.

Most people that work minimum wage jobs do so because they never bothered to gain any useful life skills growing up and now work minimum wage and blame everyone else for it.

The "progressive" movement in America these days is nothing but lazy irresponsible idiots wanting handouts because they failed at life.

This is also the reason a revolution wouldn't work, because no one with any real sense or motivation would waste their time.
    I rarely see a post not associated with defending Cheeto that is so disassociated from reality. Grats?

How, precisely, are people who are working hard and raising their families failing?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Most people on welfare are in work.

The type of story you allude to is one in a million. Congratulations on being duped by scaremongering tabloids owned by billionaires.
    Its not tabloid scaremongering, i have witnessed it myself. There's a woman that lives about 4 houses down from me that has 7 children, doesn't work, no man, and drives an Escalade.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I did not say that. And nope, the Second Amendment is here to stay as a min during our lifetimes. More than likely many life times to come.

Listen, the way I felt during Obama's term, is not something you have any control over. Opinion is all. And like noses, we all have them. :P
    You should read up on the Fourth Circuit.

Opinions can be wrong; but you're right, I have almost no control over yours. Perhaps none at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Its not tabloid scaremongering, i have witnessed it myself. There's a woman that lives about 4 houses down from me that has 7 children, doesn't work, no man, and drives an Escalade.
    Wow, a personal anecdote, the ultimate in proof....

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I am going to make a few assumptions here: You are either a high schooler or new college student. You also don't know anything about poverty and equality. What is considered poverty in the US isn't really poverty. Poverty is what "Income equality" caused in Venezuela. People are eating their own pets to survive. Hugo Chavez ran a campaign "which advocated an end to corruption, increased spending on social programs, and redistribution of the country’s oil wealth" - Encyclopedia Britannica biography of Hugo Chavez . Little more than a decade later and the people are STARVING TO DEATH IN THE STREETS. This is what income redistribution gets you.

What do the "poor" have in the US? I can't find the source again, but I read an article that showed that 70% of those in "Poverty" have air conditioning, 50% have personal computers, 40% have gaming systems and other leisure items. There are very very few who are actually going hungry in the US. Inequality isn't a reason to revolt, dying is.

There is no perfect system where pure income equality can exist. The best you can do is attempt to give an equality of opportunity and even then this is nearly impossible.
    I'd say Denmark is pretty good where it is, most of the poor people are drug users or people who fucked up by gambling or whatever. If you can't get a job you can get welfare and live just fine, especially if you move out of big cities. I have a education, couldnt find a job, got a janitor job and now I have my own house, and aint missing anything. We have minimum wage, that is way above what is needed "just to survive" like in the US. I don't get people who insist on living in cities then complain they cant afford anything. Suck it up, move out on the country and drive/take public transport 30m-1hr to your job. I have 1 hr each way to the city every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    The moment you started saying anything you disagree with is "feelings" for one. I can no longer take you seriously in this conversation, let alone as a person.
    If you want to be emotional that's cool but you can always counter my points. If I said something wrong point to it and ill back it up.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-12-03 at 01:48 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    To me this argument never made sens. Say our entire population had PhD's in physics, minimum wage workers would still have to exist because not everyone can be a physics PhD scientific researcher. Society needs mailmen, store clerks, manual laborers, etc. If society needs low level workers as well as high level workers, then why don't we give low lever workers fair pay? They perform a task that society needs.
    The jobs you just listed do not pay minimum wage past entry level. Mailmen do not make minimum wage. What is your point again?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Wow, a personal anecdote, the ultimate in proof....
    you want pics? I live in Mississippi, welfare is out of control here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And? His point is still pretty valid, brought up (in general) by many people. Wages stagnant. Wealth increasingly moving towards the 1%. The imbalance isn't right by any standard of modern government.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people who suggest getting rid of welfare are those that really don't understand how it works. They think it's just some handout for people who don't work, rather than daycare and food vouchers for those that while working 40+ hours a week still can't make basic ends meet.

(and no, raising min wage isn't the answer - that's not to you Aeilon, it's to the others )
    I just like to think, if I ever got cancer I'd like to be able to get treatment without going bankrupt and taking down other family members with me. It's disgusting some people think that paying for welfare only goes to lazy fuckers.