Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    No, the other raids are extremely overtuned

Stop measuring the difficulty by the amount of tries some geared-to-the-teeth Mythic racers do. Find a guild, join a core, and do tell us when you defeat Mythic Unmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    I would argue that H-KJ, even in current gear, is still more likely to cause wipes than H-Argus.
    That's not wrong per se, but it's also because KJ has one-shot mechanics that a lot of people hated.

To compensate, Argus should definitely have featured tighter tuning and more mechanics in Heroic, however, that's for sure. My guild kills him, week 1 and 2, by lusting on ph3 so we can pad on the adds, rather than on ph4 where lust would actually matter. That's kind of stupid. The final burn phase should definitely force a lust until we really outgear the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarp89 View Post
    Our group found Antoran High Command a bit overtuned on heroic, well mostly his HP and the fuselage damage, downed it but it was a struggle. Normal was a cakewalk though, still too much HP, fight becomes a boring slog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    I found High Command to be the hardest boss in the raid when PUGging on normal. If people do not do their job, it just leads to wipe after wipe, after wipe. If people know their job - and do it - it is super easy. Most of the fights come down to coordination. If you have it, then the raid is pretty easy. If you do not, then it is actually pretty hard. I do feel like it is undertuned though. IMO, it is always better to start off overtuned, then slowly whittle it down, than it is to do the opposite.
    High Command is a "do the mechanics boss" and easy as anything if you are able to do the pots correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To compensate, Argus should definitely have featured tighter tuning and more mechanics in Heroic, however, that's for sure. My guild kills him, week 1 and 2, by lusting on ph3 so we can pad on the adds, rather than on ph4 where lust would actually matter. That's kind of stupid. The final burn phase should definitely force a lust until we really outgear the boss.
    At this point with Antorus release so late most people already outgear hc.

The undertuning is probably due to Argus coming out much before the raid. If Argus and the raid came out at the same time the tuning would probably be right.

As a super casual who only killed heroic KJ a month before new raid came out, i am finding it to be very, very undertuned on NORMAL, but cannot speak for heroic, as we have only done 2 raids so far.

Got to the 10th boss lastnight, with only 15 minutes left in the raid we decided to just blind pull for schnits n giggles. only 2 players had ever done the fight. Got to 15%. Very confused, we decided to save it for sunday.

I should say this again, we are a VERY casual raid team. We have fixed raid nights, and have 9 fixed regulars and a group of 5-6 of whom we usually have 2-3 each raid. Players often offline for 2-4 days at a time without logging in at all, etc.

based on previous raids, we would normally be about 6 bosses through normal, maybe 7 at the most, after just 2 raids. Maybe there will be a decent jump up for heroic, which is what we should be raiding based on our gear lvls.

my opinion, for what it is worth, is that normal is a bit on the easy side, however we do overgear it. This is pretty well balanced out by the fact we underskill it though

Even our guild who are casual to semi hardcore, have found it easy. However we talked about it and came to the conclusion that the KJ fight and all the mechanics and discipline needed for that has made doing the same in Antorus a lot easier. It could still be ramped up a notch or two though...
    "Legacy servers are looking less like something that could be interesting to try and more like a highly successful quarantine."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    my opinion, for what it is worth, is that normal is a bit on the easy side, however we do overgear it.
    Normal should be easy. It's literally for the friend & family guilds and "drunken fun nights". Otherwise there would be no difference between normal and heroic. Normal should be a place where you don't have to bench people because they underperform and don't min max.

But yeah, the amount of free 930+ gear floating around pre Antorus made it so even casuals are overgeared for it on day one. Everyone could do +9 before the patch (due to no 3rd affix) and grab their 930 freebie from the weekly chest. Everyone could kill greater invasion bosses. That's the silly part, you'll go to a fresh instance and shard half the gear.

Coven is a fucking nightmare to pug now i can tell you that

it is not
    the other raids have the "oh so infamous" 1 player doesnt do x, raid wipes.
    This is not fun, even hardcore mythic raiders hate this design.

I mean, it's really too easy. On Eonar Normal, I don' t think we even understand what is going on, it's just a big trash wave. And it's so buggy, last night we cleared the fight just as a fel reaver spawned who then became unattackable and killed Eonar, wiping the raid.

Blademaster
    The level of bullshit verses the amount of wine required to cope with the bullshit.

Last edited by Katniss68; 2017-12-08 at 05:47 PM.