Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Because I have had to take trips to the hospital after my shift was over due to dehydration. You try cleaning out a large oil storage tank in the middle of 115 degree F summers while wearing plastic tyvec suit and using a steam cleaner. The majority of the people on this forum have no idea about the brutality that is real hard work.
    I have done hard labour most of my life and have gotten heat stroke a few times and its always been my fault for not drinking enough fluids.
    sounds like you did the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWZr9H8qBY

If you don't believe me, take it from the beings that will make it possible.

On a more serious note, I just binge read a fair chunk of that debate.org page and recommend it to anyone whose mind isn't shut to challenging his beliefs : http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-communism-inevitable

Let us remind, yet again, that communism is just the common ownership of the means of proлduction. It doesn't have to be USSR-like.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ers-amp-doxing

Can we please not make everything about communism ?

Follow your own advice.

oh dear lord its kurata with his "communism is great" threads again. seriously why do you folks even allow these sort of threads? i get that you lived in the free world and dont know the horrors millions have endured but im guessing news did cross the ocean and found its way to you to know that this ideology was good at killing people as fascism or nazis was/were. you might even say it was better at killing people and spreading misery and poverty wherever it laid a finger. why is it always people from rich and developed countries that find this crime of history called communism so interesting and appealing?
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I have some questions:

1) What protects people from being victims of crime or exploitation? Who settles disputes?
    2) In order to achieve communism, you have to eliminate the bourgeoisie. How do you expect to innovate if the academic class is eliminated?
    3) Once the bourgeoisie is eliminated what happens to their wealth and power?
    4) If the proletariat eliminates the bourgeoisie, they then become the bourgeoisie. Wouldn't this situation devolve into a form of anarchy or military control?
    5) What happens in a communist society if someone begins to hoard resources? Protects them with force?

That's all I've got for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is it coming with standard issue mass murder ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    oh dear lord its kurata with his "communism is great" threads again. seriously why do you folks even allow these sort of threads? i get that you lived in the free world and dont know the horrors millions have endured but im guessing news did cross the ocean and found its way to you to know that this ideology was good at killing people as fascism or nazis was/were. you might even say it was better at killing people and spreading misery and poverty wherever it laid a finger. why is it always people from rich and developed countries that find this crime of history called communism so interesting and appealing?
    Kurata is a Euro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post

Congrats OP!
    Congrats you won a report

I work harder than you and your neighbor combined. You know who gets richer off my hard work, my boss.
    Jesus you cry more then a little girl whose ice-cream cone just fell to the ground. Get the fuck over yourself. Boo hoo I have to work how dare other people be rich. Boo Hoo I dont really want to put much effort into succeeding , Its not fair I am a loser. Jesus Fucking Christ Man the fuck up and fix your situation instead of bitching about it non stop

- - - Updated - - -

Because I have had to take trips to the hospital after my shift was over due to dehydration. You try cleaning out a large oil storage tank in the middle of 115 degree F summers while wearing plastic tyvec suit and using a steam cleaner. The majority of the people on this forum have no idea about the brutality that is real hard work.
    So its other peoples fault you took a shitty job and you dont drink enough water. You are the only person who has had to work hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    So you work a shit job with little to no chance to progress further, and instead of actually trying to find something better, or improving yourself to fit another, better job, you sit on forums and bitch about how hard you work while you stay poor and your boss gets richer? I bet you're a terrible employee, have nothing but a negative attitude and an enormous feeling of entitlement. I wonder why people like you want communism, oh thats right, because you want to drag everyone down to your level, misery loves company.
    He seems like the type we will hear about on the news because he snapped and started killing his co-workers. He has already rambled on about overthrowing the government and supporting political assassination. Hell I reported him to the FBI for his comments . This guy is the one that people should be reporting because he will end up being the next Stephen Paddock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Its not real communism and you know it
    Seriously guys it will work this time, I just know it. Maybe we only kill 50 million this go around
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

So by that sense so is capitalism.
    What I see problematic with communism is that once it occurs what stops people from going back to state hood? If I am chief of the group and I say pay me in gold to live would that not be a restart in class struggles? If we form our own society what stops war from coming due to disputes in how things are handled?
    Heck what stops people from forming their own fascist state then trying to dominate? Nothing because society would be divided and these small nation like states would then restart everything.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-12-07 at 12:53 AM.

Can I get answers to my questions?

[QUOTE=matheney2k;48277900]Do you understand his point in what he even said? I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to explain his point further? Someone else mentioned how can he possibly know that he works harder than two people combined that he hasn't met. You two would get along famously, seeing as you "think" i don't understand his angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    So its other peoples fault you took a shitty job and you dont drink enough water. You are the only person who has had to work hard.
    I'm still trying to figure out how Communism will suddenly make his job not shitty, and help him not get dehydrated. Failing that, what does his own stupidity and shitty job have anything to do with whatever *ism may be in place? Your job still needs to get done, and you still need to drink enough water to not almost die from heat exhaustion.

Looking at every country that has had communism as it's form of government, I haven't seen one that truly prospered from it. I see long lines of suffering by the poor and fear of the government......along with millions of dead people.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Communism will suddenly make his job not shitty, and help him not get dehydrated. Failing that, what does his own stupidity and shitty job have anything to do with whatever *ism may be in place? Your job still needs to get done, and you still need to drink enough water to not almost die from heat exhaustion.

I think the problem is he has a small particle of brain lodged in his skull
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, when a system of economic governance rising to power leads to the deaths of tens of millions twice within the course of only a few decades, I'd say that system really doesn't work.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Communism?

Pfft, please. How many countries have Communism, and are stated to do better than us? Tell me that shit right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Communism cannot exist as long as there are people that disagree.
    Gulag? 1111

Deleted
    it's possible technology will allow for relatively small self sustaining societies in the next couple decades. e.g. a fusion power plant, food grown on led light, internal recycling of plastic/water/materials and living/work space for ~5000ish people all in one structure.

if that sort of idea takes off, those societies won't have any internal need for private ownership of anything, and only minimal need for external trade.

but that's far from the only scenario that can happen.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-12-07 at 01:05 AM.

It's not practical, not by a long shot. It has no means in which to deal with observational outliers within a society, and cannot exist properly while humans are corrupt and greedy. Let me know when those traits disappear.

As for it being rational, sure.,.. it's rational. Unfortunately, humans are not. Then again, libertarianism and anarchy are also rational.