Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Deathcharger's Reins (and method)

This is not a QQ thread. Just almost..

I'm asking simply, have you gotten the Deathcharger's Reins to drop recently?
    I've always wanted this mount. I rly wanted it for my human death knight back in wrath so I went there over 100 times with that char only. No drop.

The other day I finally got the Swift Zulian Panther to drop. Figured next project was to go get the Deathcharger's Reins.

My method; (if you know any other way plz let me know)

I park 5 of my 110's outside of Stratholme. 2 of them is on one realm, 2 on another and the last one is own it's on realm. (don't know if this helps)
    sidenote: I was doing this only on my rogue to start with, but pretty soon i ran into the "you've entered to many instances recently" so i changed it up.
    I open 2 wow-windows.
    Run the instance with 1 char. Kill last boss. Change to other wow-window log in there (disconnecting the char I just killed boss with)
    Run instance again. (All the chars have Bear Tartare so the runs takes about 2-3min each. Best time so far is 2:02 timer start at open gate.
    The reason I do this is by the time I'm done with the 5th char, the first char I ran it with will be back in the start of the instance.
    I've also seemed to bypass that "too many instances lately" since I ran this non-stop for 4 hours yday watching 2 movies during the runs.

I've killed the boss about 150 times now (only on rogue) 100 times (on DK) and about 20+ times on each of the other chars.
    Gotten 8 Runeblade of Baron Rivendare but no mount.

Have you heard about anybody gotten the mount recently?
    Know any better ways to farm this?
    Let me know.

Thanks for reading. Sorry about my english, it's not my first language.

Update:
    Finally got it.
    Landed on 400+ runs. 177 kills on alone rogue. 18 Runeblades on warrior :P what do I farm next?
    Last edited by mmocceb9dc1028; 2017-11-27 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Took me around 70+ runs to get the charger. Funy fact was, I had stopped farming it, due to grind fatigue, but I found out, that I didnt have that one hander sword from him, in my Tmog tab, so I ran in to see if I could get it to drop from him. It didnt drop, but the Horse did.... Took me another 17-18 runs to get that goddamn sword.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Most likely just bad RNG, I wouldn't be too surprised.
    The Onyxian mount, with a supposed ~1% drop rate post-buff, took me around 450 kills to finally drop (almost all the kills were done after the drop rate buff).
    The Stonecore mount on the other hand, took my DK 319 kills to get (i could still find my comment on wowhead), when I tried again on my rogue it only took 23 runs (back when mounts weren't account bound).

Deleted
    got it in vanilla on my first kill, didnt even know that he could drop a mount

Got it running a friend through Strat in TBC. Was completely unexpected, but not unwelcome.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think there's a "trick" to "make" the mount drop. Sounds like RNG is just being a wanker.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

When transmog was new i wanted one of the laser swords and that thing was from quest where you need to kill the baron.
    After i killed him for the second time on my char i got the mount but i forgot to accept the quest and needed a third run.

Mounts tend to drop when you don't expect them. Forced farming often ends in frustration.
    Dying could endanger your health!

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Go inside the dungeon
    Step 2: Complete the dungeon
    Step 3: Don't get the mount
    Step 4: Repeat 1-3 until you don't want to anymore
    Step 5: Repeat 4
    Step 6: Get the mount

RNG is RNG, and you'll get it eventually if you keep trying.

I too farmed this mount forever to the point where I gave up on it. That being said, I’m an alt whore so I like leveling toons. Also, I’ve gotten into a habit of saying “Dibs on mount” whenever I start an instance, even if there is no mount drop.

So when did it finally drop? When I ran it on my Bear druid. Thing is, I had called dibs, so two folks passed on it. I still won it with a 100 roll but I felt guilty. Especially because I’d never use it on my druid. Thank goodness for account wide mounts.

~300. Not sure why but this one did take me a lot of farms. Normally I get these type of dungeon mounts on farms in <100, but not this one. And I think they changed the too many instances thing to 10 runs an hour. I think. I got 1 sword during this farm.

300+ kills for me before the mount dropped so just keep trying you will get lucky eventually.

at a droprate of 0.8% (as per wowdb) and 310 runs, your chance of not getting it is 0.992^310 = 8.3%. Unlucky, but not dramatically so.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the awnsers guys. After work tonight I will try again.
    But nobody out there that’s gotten it recently?

I will not give up this time :P got nothing else (that I want) to do in wow atm anyway.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just go farm transmog on multiple classes since it's personal loot now, it gives you something extra on those mountless runs

You get 1 loot per boss guaranteed, specific to your spec since 7.3 in Stratholme when solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no trick. I do have the mount myself, but it took over a hundred tries to get. It's just random, RNG. You can speed it up by farming on multiple toons, of course, parking them outside of the instance and repeating until you get it but there is nothing special to make it happen.

Deleted
    I farmed for it during Wrath with no luck, since then I've run it once in a while when I was in the area but I went back to really farm it about a month ago.
    I spent an entire day going for it, 10 times an hour, for 8 hours straight.
    It's not a whole lot so I'm not surprised the mount didn't drop. But the interesting thing is that in those 80 runs, I got 21 Runesblades which is really weird because that supposedly has the same droprate as the mount? I checked forums and asked around but didn't find any info on increased droprate of that.

Since then, I've come back to run it every once in a while, and each time doing a full lockout (10), and I always get atleast one Runeblade.

300+ run/kills ???
    Holy shh... I thought I was unlucky when I got my pureblood firehawk around 130 kills
    Does raid mount have a higher % of dropping ?
    Thats the longuest it took me to get a mount I wanted to farm

I have to admit, I saw the charger drop only one time in a LFD run my guess would it's a hard to get mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine in WotLK tanking satchels. Man, I miss tanking satchels so much, got so much cool stuff from them. the Green Protodrake, Deathcharger's Reins, Hyacinth Macaws etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    When transmog was new i wanted one of the laser swords and that thing was from quest where you need to kill the baron.
    After i killed him for the second time on my char i got the mount but i forgot to accept the quest and needed a third run.

Mounts tend to drop when you don't expect them. Forced farming often ends in frustration.
    Exactly, had like 300+ kills on Yogg. gave up and went in to get the sweet hunter lookalike gear for sham and mim dropped.

People will probably hate me for this but I got it on my 10th try or so in MoP when I decided I wanted the mount. But there's alot of mounts that I still dont have that you might have, etc.

You just have to keep trying. Dont think there is any trick to get it.