Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    i think it was more of Celestalon's attitude towards criticism which caused alot of hatred towards him
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You can't remember anything as memorable for Celestalon because GC's 'snark' and tendency to piss players off resulted in Blizzard communicating less with players. And that's per the man himself, not speculation.

So those of you whining about Celestalon talking to us less than GC did? Its pretty much because of the GC 'era' of WoW that he didn't.
    I mean I really enjoyed it. I'm sure there are others out there that also really enjoyed Ghostcrawler at the time too. I also wasn't whining about Celestalon not communicating more, just speculating that I wasn't sure what people would remember about him that was positive if they dislike him now.

Personal SR in overwatch removed, celestalon off of wow, lookin to be a good christmas, thanks blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    What is this idiotic thing about making threads when there's already a bigger one up on the same topic?
    Use your fucking eyes, will you.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post48300079
    Some people think that their opinion is a bright, unique and special thing that must have its own separate universe!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I mean I really enjoyed it. I'm sure there are others out there that also really enjoyed Ghostcrawler at the time too. I also wasn't whining about Celestalon not communicating more, just speculating that I wasn't sure what people would remember about him that was positive if they dislike him now.
    I loved GC, and thought the hate for him was childish and irrational. And I didn't mean you specifically, other people in this topic have replied e.g. 'at least GC talked to us!'
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Being demoted to a card game has got to sting.
    Funny how half the people say it's a promotion ("wow is ded cool guys go to overwatch and hearthstone now!") and the other half say it's a demotion and punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Cant wait till you guys miss him.
    not until we have someone else to hate i guess. shouldnt be long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Funny how half the people say it's a promotion ("wow is ded cool guys go to overwatch and hearthstone now!") and the other half say it's a demotion and punishment.
    What's even funnier is that none of them actually knows what it is.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Some people think that their opinion is a bright, unique and special thing that must have its own separate universe!
    There's always news posts that run along with threads about the topic here.

*shrug*

I can imagine celestalon listening to that "you're gonna miss me when im gone" song on repeat while he cleans out his office to head down to the hearthstone team.

He likes tablets after all, its a perfect match

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always news posts that run along with threads about the topic here.

*shrug*
    Doesn't make my comment any less true. :P

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Celes...2016_promo.jpg

That photo alone shows why this is a good thing. Can practically hear and feel the smugness coming from the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Jesus Christ you people.

This is literally. LITERALLY the same thing that happened when Ghostcrawler or any other "Major" developer moving from WoW.

Nothing "mindblowing" is going to change. WoW isn't going to "Heal". It's a group of people. It's like people in MMO-C forever need a scapgoat to send all their blame to.
    You know how the saying goes...

There must always be... a Ghostcrawler...

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    There were 2 of them, it was Holinka and someone else... Might have been Lore.
    It was Kalgan. The guy who made the ability and ex lead Paladin dev. Known as Tom chilton.

That guy was just...i don’t even know. Even after he agreed the ability was useless he said it’s a fun ability that added interesting choice to the spec. Because every Paladin wants to be a suicide bomber..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I didnt see this posted any place else but

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...62072885452800

All I can say is thank fucking God and now maybe they will undo the terrible things he did to the classes .
    Let the Healing begin
    The same thing was said about Ghostcrawler and guess what? Nothing changed. A team isn't made up of one person.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The biggest complication was that they put WAY too much shit on their plate, trying to redesign every spec in one expansion's alpha/beta period. That absolutely should not have happened, even trying to do half of them is way too much... Redesigns require lots of attention and lots of iteration based on feedback, that's simply not something that is possible in that time frame for that many different specs.
    Yeah that's another big issue I have with him. I don't care who's idea it was to rebalance all of the classes (if it was his then damn him for that as well), but was his job to make sure the tasks under his team are doable. Maybe there was an issue with higher-ups? Perhaps he specifically told Blizzard that he didn't have enough men to appropriately redesign most of the specs in the game. Maybe they didn't give him any additional support. I guess we don't know that, but it should have fallen on his judgment to determine whether or not this project was doable. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I certainly would be disappointed if I was his boss. "Is this doable?" "Yes".. and then it wasn't.

Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    nah man, third person will be the best, ghostcrawler was ruining the game, then celestionlon, just like how chris was ruining thel ore, and now christie is, and like how whats his face was ruining pvp

I bet Blizzard will follow the same way they did with the PVP leader after Holinka: keep the new team leader a secret. Then you nerds won't know what to do anymore since you won't have a new scapegoat to place all your gripes upon.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never forget what he said about ele shamans back in WOD beta.

"most of you probably had no clue that you were a little overpowered, and that's fine."

Bye Felicia.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it is impossible to unfuck the game that Celestalon had touched. Nothings gonna change.
    Legit one of the worst human beings I've ever seen\communicated with. Just a straight scumbag and moron.
    I kinda sad that he is not retired completely and decided to wreck another game instead.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.