Poll: Should Titanforging be Removed from the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Removed from game/modified should be two separate options. I'd like to see greens and blues make a meaningful return and not just trash for enchanters to disenchant. I want epics to feel epic again. At the moment I have so many epics that I don't really care about gear, providing I can keep my raid team alive I rarely check my gear for improvements. I never use to be like that until Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people want it gone but I really don't think Blizz will. It's part of the gear treadmill and it keeps people subbed. I saw someone earlier with a 985 RAID FINDER trinket of Garothi Warbreaker. It really disenfranchised me. But I'm sure for others it motivates them to keep running raid finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Most people want it gone but I really don't think Blizz will. It's part of the gear treadmill and it keeps people subbed. I saw someone earlier with a 985 RAID FINDER trinket of Garothi Warbreaker. It really disenfranchised me. But I'm sure for others it motivates them to keep running raid finder.
    Just to be clear, I don't run LFR, as I think its a shit game mode and a cesspool of shit players. That being said, that pretty much infuriates me and many other people to hear that a 985 item dropped out of LFR.

Titanforging needs to go. NOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, the game that lost 90+% of the people who have played it? Yeah, stunning success that, cannot POSSIBLY be improved.
    I'll take climbing subscriptions over plummeting any day of the week.

But maybe you're right, removing stable progression by adding slot machine shortcuts is a super compelling system.

Why even bother running Mythic Raids these days when you can simply run Heroic Antorus and Mythic+ dungeons to get your BiS fairly easily? Transmog is quite literally the only reason. But hey, why have progression content in RPGs, right?
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-12-12 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove it and remove RNG sockets too.

Tertiary stats can stay, those are fine.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

remove it. Maybe keep the socket things (although I would much prefer going to TBC-style sockets) or minor things like that. But an item titanforging +40 ilvls is honestly fucking absurd and should never happen.

Keep in mind if your item forges a socket that's +150 of your best stat. If it titanforges 20 ilvls it's like 1k main stat, plus all the other stats and hp.

Remove it and even the developers that want it to remain in the game.

Remove definitely. Warforging maybe could stay up to +10, but I'd rather not have any than have common +10 procs.

One thing I see people often refer is appropriate rewards for content. Citing LFR getting some +70 ilvl upgrades, and that difficulty not earning such high ilvl gear. That's an easy comparison to make because it's very visible to see on players: 'Raid Finder Titanforged'. It's also very easy to dispute and for the developers to justify ignoring. Please stop using that, it's not helpful.

The issues aren't that LFR can get high level gear, the issue is expected item levels for entering raids and rewards from lower difficulty for entering higher difficulty. Difficulty tuning for the raids in this expansion have been very hit and miss. Mythic Eme was too easy, HoV was very good, Tomb too hard and aside for Argus it looks like Antorus might be way too easy. That is not surprising, blizzard now has the least amount of control they've ever had over what kind of gear raid teams are bringing in to these raids. That's a trend that will keep perpetuating itself in to future expansions if Titanforging combined with M+ persists in its current form. That is why I want it gone. I want raids to have gear progression: Kill Dragon -> get loot to kill stronger Dragon.

remove it, 10 ilvls increased at the most

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    remove it, 10 ilvls increased at the most
    This without a doubt.

Warforged=5+ ilvls uncommon but not rare
    Titanforged=10+ilvls rare to happen

Thats it. Shouldnt be able to titanforge 40+ ilvls.

Easy answer:

Stay if I get many TF items, if not, remove!

+5 or +10 max

Remove the shit.

Or:

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Easy answer:
    Stay if I get many TF items, if not, remove!
    this suits me perfectly as well, with a little addition: I get many tf items, and my fellow guildmates who I raid with get none, so I can own them on pewpewmeter 24/7 and feel good about myself.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Like most people, I think they should put a hard cap on it. Maybe so that an item that titanforges on normal difficulty would be equivalent to a heroic drop, or slightly below it.

I'm past the point where I care about other peoples loot and whether they "deserve" such items, for me its about how less rewarding getting an item feels now. Unless it titanforges into the high heavens, theres no excitement there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should titanforged gear stay in the game or be removed alltogether?

Let's be honest, titanforging has just created more problems than it has done good. It creates massive ilvl inflation, and rewards people who don't deserve that kind of gear.

So do you think it should be removed in the next expansion and go back to just warforged based on difficulty setting of the raid? (So if you raided Normal, gear could only proc up ten ilvls before you needed to raid a higher difficulty to get better gear)

Poll Added.
    Didn't feel able to vote, can't put the 'modify' option under the 'remove' voting, would make the polls skewered.

I would say to modify the modifyers se we have Titanforged and nothing else, remove Warforged or change the names around, and titanforge should cap at 10 ilvl.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They've already said that they're not removing it so we'll have to deal with WF/TF in the next expansion as well, sadly.

Personally I'd be happy to see the entire system scrapped but I sort of understand why they're doing it and I think that not allowing Azerite pieces in BfA to warforge is a fairly decent compromise - I only hope Blizz extends that limitation to weapons as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loathe Titanforging with quite a passion. I hate the feeling it gives. I actually feel DISAPPOINTED about getting loot from a new boss we've just killed if it doesn't have a bit of RNG Titanforging thrown into the mix. I should feel amazing, but I don't.

In before random noobs shouting "THATS A -YOU- ISSUE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GREAT SYSTEM ITSELF!!" Just don't.

Place a flat static cap on it, and let them be upgradeable... like they were in MoP. MoP had it perfect.

I hate this uncapped nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it should stay, maybe base chance lowered a bit. IMO it's a fine system, it adds potential excitement to otherwise boring runs and it does offer some fun moments with otherwise outdated gear like trinkets.

It also breaks the mold a bit, for example bis lists being not a thing anymore aside from specific pieces.

Finally it encourages more content running by offering a small chance if upgrade from otherwise useless run.

Honestly I view the whole titanforging bitching as selfish thing, like people can't stand seeing others getting awesome piece of gear or two.