Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on the "Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Jurassic Park" film adaptation...

If an author needs to produce a turd then he should be free to do so.

It's up to you to not give him money for it.
    Last edited by loras; 2024-04-28 at 04:34 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I really liked the theatrical release of Aliens. I hate the directors cut of Aliens. I don't think I would like the new AI altered version of Aliens. It will probably be like those versions of the three original star wars movies that Lucas added a bunch of CGI stuff to them.

Why do they need AI cleaning tho? Are the OG prints in such a bad condition? Traditional film should easily scale up to 8K.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I really liked the theatrical release of Aliens. I hate the directors cut of Aliens. I don't think I would like the new AI altered version of Aliens. It will probably be like those versions of the three original star wars movies that Lucas added a bunch of CGI stuff to them.
    The cgi u mean was adding new things, this instead is how they touch up what was always there. Some people just think todays tools aren't good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why do they need AI cleaning tho? Are the OG prints in such a bad condition? Traditional film should easily scale up to 8K.
    It's that ol' movies are grainy, which becomes more obvious when u go to 4k n stuff...but if u try to smooth things out u can lose details that were in the grain..we need computers with a lot more processing powers or some really dedicated people with no life

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched Smokey n the Bandit, for the car, n then for the pooch Fred. On Prime, even though its apparently out on 4k, felt like watching it on VHS...Skynet shouldn't be for the military but for fixing up old movies... We need some supercomputers...