Thread: [TV] Invincible

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    First part of season 2 is done. Next part starts coming out early next year.

Also, they did weekly releases with season 1... so I'm not sure why that's coming off as a surprise to anyone.
    I remember, but that was peak 'vid times. Ain't no one got time for non-binge content now :P things are "back to normal"

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    There's a break in between? That kinda sucks. Is the break already on after S02E04?
    Unfortunately

Following the midseason finale, Invincible Season Two will take a break for the holidays. Part Two is expected to drop sometime in early 2024 with another four episodes
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Unfortunately
    Fairly standard for tv shows sadly. I used to download tv shows for many years and I hated the long break, sometimes from October to February in some cases. Sweeps week or whatever it’s fucking called should be dismantled and destroyed. Television has changed thanks to streaming and the industry needs to catch up. There’s also the chance they have and it’s me that’s behind lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Fairly standard for tv shows sadly. I used to download tv shows for many years and I hated the long break, sometimes from October to February in some cases.
    I know trust me. I had to live with the Star Trek: TNG Season 3 cliffhanger for a year. But... Invincible Season 2 is only 8 episodes total. They would have been much better off having a new episode every two weeks instead of dumping the first four then taking several months off for the last four.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I remember, but that was peak 'vid times. Ain't no one got time for non-binge content now :P things are "back to normal"
    weekly releases are amazons "normal"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Kinda miffed as to why they decided to only release part of the season now. They'd have been better off just doing a weekly episode until all of them are out. I liked the first season enough that I have been looking forward to season 2. I just hope they actually kill off Amber because she's such an insufferable bitch.
    Well I mean - streamer networks gonna get their monthly sub in!

But yeah, I totally agree on preferring a weekly release for all episodes than a "here's 3-4 and now wait 1-2 months to get the others..."

We've seen it now with Stranger Things, and I've seen it myself with a few other shows across varying networks.

Unfortunately, I think this may end up becoming more of a 'norm' as Steaming Networks want to keep subs as long as possible.

But THIS sort of break has nothing to do with the original reason - the xmas holidays etc. - that tv networks have always had a break through. When you have a 9 month (sept-may) show doing 22+ episdoes that were /always/ weekly releases, it just makes sense so you can last those 9 months. Streaming Networks don't commit to any yearly schedule with their shows. Their shows are often 10 episodes and under. The reason they are forcing this break has nothing to do with holiday timing and everything to do with not wanting people to just sub for a 1-2 months. This way they get a full 3. (As most peopole who are already subbed won't cancel for the 1 month in between).
    Last edited by Koriani; 2023-11-29 at 07:48 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Complete mismanagement and disastrous handling of this series. It may as well not even exist in engagement. Terrible decision-making.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Well I mean - streamer networks gonna get their monthly sub in!

But yeah, I totally agree on preferring a weekly release for all episodes than a "here's 3-4 and now wait 1-2 months to get the others..."

We've seen it now with Stranger Things, and I've seen it myself with a few other shows across varying networks.

Unfortunately, I think this may end up becoming more of a 'norm' as Steaming Networks want to keep subs as long as possible.

But THIS sort of break has nothing to do with the original reason - the xmas holidays etc. - that tv networks have always had a break through. When you have a 9 month (sept-may) show doing 22+ episdoes that were /always/ weekly releases, it just makes sense so you can last those 9 months. Streaming Networks don't commit to any yearly schedule with their shows. Their shows are often 10 episodes and under. The reason they are forcing this break has nothing to do with holiday timing and everything to do with not wanting people to just sub for a 1-2 months. This way they get a full 3. (As most peopole who are already subbed won't cancel for the 1 month in between).
    difference with Stranger Things is we got the bulk of the episodes in one hit and then the final two episodes 5 weeks later. Which yeah, I guess is a tactic to get people to sub for 2 months instead of 1 but it's not really about the money but more the momentum. Invincible spent 2 and a half years doing season 2 (and the special I guess), gave us 4 episodes one week after the other and then waited 4 months to give us the remaining 4? what the absolute fuck is Amazon Prime doing? this is up there with the Firefly debacle

So latest episode, episode 5... with the end credits showing Allen being alive... your old fella ripping off his beard, what's the feature showing he's a viltrumite, a moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    difference with Stranger Things is we got the bulk of the episodes in one hit and then the final two episodes 5 weeks later. Which yeah, I guess is a tactic to get people to sub for 2 months instead of 1 but it's not really about the money but more the momentum. Invincible spent 2 and a half years doing season 2 (and the special I guess), gave us 4 episodes one week after the other and then waited 4 months to give us the remaining 4? what the absolute fuck is Amazon Prime doing? this is up there with the Firefly debacle
    Straight-up mismanagement. The producers are incompetent. Writers, production directors, and animators missed deadlines/targets again & again.

Every aspect of this show was slowed down or bungled by a team or production manager. Amazon's marketing director gave up after the engagement metrics plummeted. What more is there to do? They were on the hook for production costs and could only wait for this bad team to drag their asses across the line.

Managerial incompetence.

The next 4 episodes are banging though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Straight-up mismanagement. The producers are incompetent. Writers, production directors, and animators missed deadlines/targets again & again.

Every aspect of this show was slowed down or bungled by a team or production manager. Amazon's marketing director gave up after the engagement metrics plummeted. What more is there to do? They were on the hook for production costs and could only wait for this bad team to drag their asses across the line.

Managerial incompetence.

The next 4 episodes are banging though.
    Oh I’m sure the episodes will be great. No question there. But yeah I’m waiting until they’re all out

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, mismanagement somewhere for sure!

The episodes themselves are as strong as first season, at least for me and hubby. Certainly haven't felt some big difference in the quality of story or animation between first and 2nd seasons.

But whatever mismanagement (at whatever levels) did that meant this show got no press for 2nd season's start (unlike the first) and decided/made this split of 4 months between the two halves - probably just destroyed whatever good odds it had to keep going.

I'd like to see another season, show is still good. Just not holding my breath it will happen.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ep7 heh... animators had a fun here
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yeah, mismanagement somewhere for sure!

The episodes themselves are as strong as first season, at least for me and hubby. Certainly haven't felt some big difference in the quality of story or animation between first and 2nd seasons.

But whatever mismanagement (at whatever levels) did that meant this show got no press for 2nd season's start (unlike the first) and decided/made this split of 4 months between the two halves - probably just destroyed whatever good odds it had to keep going.

I'd like to see another season, show is still good. Just not holding my breath it will happen.
    They are already working on season 3 so no worries there. Hopefully we get a season 4. But yeah they need to just do season 3 in one go. Splitting season 2 in two was an incredibly idiotic move.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ep7 heh... animators had a fun here
    that was a bit meta. I have enjoyed the latter half of season 2, it's been good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught up on Episode 6, and 7.

I dislike that the show made me sympathetic towards Rex, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    They are already working on season 3 so no worries there. Hopefully we get a season 4. But yeah they need to just do season 3 in one go. Splitting season 2 in two was an incredibly idiotic move.
    Not really. Releasing shows all at once is actually idiotic. Because that's not how cable TV worked and thrived literally for decades. Streaming platforms aren't releasing consistently good and long enough show seasons to keep people consistently subscribed, so people will just subscribe for a month, binge watch what they want and then cancel which is terrible for the revenue flow for any streaming service. The other problen is that Prime Studios is sinking a metric ton of money into projects that aren't getting them viewers like WoT and Rings of Power, while lower budget shows like Reacher are a smash hit and resonate more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Not really. Releasing shows all at once is actually idiotic. Because that's not how cable TV worked and thrived literally for decades. Streaming platforms aren't releasing consistently good and long enough show seasons to keep people consistently subscribed, so people will just subscribe for a month, binge watch what they want and then cancel which is terrible for the revenue flow for any streaming service. The other problen is that Prime Studios is sinking a metric ton of money into projects that aren't getting them viewers like WoT and Rings of Power, while lower budget shows like Reacher are a smash hit and resonate more.
    It's an 8 episode season. Splitting it in two makes no sense with such a few number of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's an 8 episode season. Splitting it in two makes no sense with such a few number of episodes.
    Plus they didn't even have a release date announced for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Plus they didn't even have a release date announced for the second half.
    Even if they did, anything more than a month wouldn't have been acceptable.