Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I started playing with a controller for a few minutes but then realized I stopped playing console games like 10+ years ago lol. Moving with a stick instead of mouse is just a no-go for me.

Once I got stuff rebound it was mostly fine.
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

As I've gotten older I find sitting on my couch with a controller is vastly preferable to sitting at my desk using a mouse and keyboard.

I still do it for some games but I've definitely been getting alot of use out of sunshine and moonlight.

Playing this game with anything other than a controller just seems like you'd be making things harder for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    As I've gotten older I find sitting on my couch with a controller is vastly preferable to sitting at my desk using a mouse and keyboard.

I still do it for some games but I've definitely been getting alot of use out of sunshine and moonlight.

Playing this game with anything other than a controller just seems like you'd be making things harder for yourself.
    Which implies that one can't play with a keyboard and mouse anywhere but on a desk. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Which implies that one can't play with a keyboard and mouse anywhere but on a desk. Fascinating.
    That's just where my computer is. I don't care where you use the mouse and keyboard, gamepad will always be more comfortable.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post

Haha, the variances of growing older =D

As I get older, it's the opposite. My back and neck will no longer allow me to sit 'lounging' in un-proper positions for hours to play a video game. Controllers hurt my hands (and piss me off), so I'd have to get a couch-desk to sit the keyboard and mouse on. IF such a setup didn't blow my neck out.

I have to have proper, supported, back/spine posture - which means my ergonomic-everything desk and chair setup.

Clearly, because Capcom sucks, this game is designed for a controller and anything else is "harder." Sure. It wouldn't necessarily be that way if they'd let us rebind the keys freely, but they aren't.

And I'm not going to reinvent my wheel to play a single game. I mean the devs didn't bother to correctly port it, so why should I put the effort in? *shrugs*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

LoL, at your pawns for poking fun at your party being only men.
    To be honest in all J-RPG's i play where you can pick your party i ALWAYS had this inner monologue about my party needing at least 1 girl
    I dunno why, just one of those weird things.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    To be honest in all J-RPG's i play where you can pick your party i ALWAYS had this inner monologue about my party needing at least 1 girl
    Still wondering how the fuck is there not a drama because all romance options are only female and also ogre "getting excited" when seeing a woman.

And you have the same dialogue when your party is only women but they say they see no issue there

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Still wondering how the fuck is there not a drama because all romance options are only female and also ogre "getting excited" when seeing a woman.

And you have the same dialogue when your party is only women but they say they see no issue there
    But...i saw Asmongold sleep with a male cat...furry...thing.
    So u can sleep with men i assume.

Was that not in the brothel ? (Did not see the video so I can't tell).

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do whatever in that regard.

As a side note the "romance" system is super vague and you can end up with someone you never even intended to. There is a recipe to madness, but don't be surprised if playing casually your beloved may end up someone you did not even expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Was that not in the brothel ? (Did not see the video so I can't tell).
    Here, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xu...AsmongoldClips

Yep, that is the Brothel.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I added a man to my party because my main pawn kept looking at me funny. Ended up with all women (I kept seeing Laezel and couldn't resist) and she just would not shut up about it lol. (Shout out to Sphinx Mother, the bestest warrior I ever hired out of the rift, who would instantly point out how well balanced our vocations were)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

So yeah, back from my holiday and I have mixed feelings with the game.

Firstly I had a lot of fun with the game after I turned the graphic settings down and actually got to a happy medium of frame rate as I value performance over graphics and this game was badly optimized so I had to semi make it look like a potato to play nice.

I think the real big winner was the map design. It didnt feel like your basic open world in terms of layout. The roads often look simple and direct but you would often find elevation issues and having to find secret entrances to finally get where you wanna go which I thought was great.

As most people have praised the combat is pretty great, I had a lot of fun killing shit. I feel like melee is WAAAAAAY better than ranged. I know Magic Archer and Sorc are pretty insane also but being thief felt broken where you could bascially rip a dragon to shreds in seconds with simply spamming skull spilter where the direction would perfectly hit their chest and possibly even land on their head for some extra damage before jumping off and risking a death from them taking flight.

I didnt realise I was actually facing the big dragon untill I was facing the big dragon. I do wish there was more warning I was actually going into the final mission as it was rather unclear and I kinda expected more main story quests as ole capcom charged top dollar for the game so I expected more quests.

The quests were pretty dogshit, only really the last few main quests were interesting. The game really more shines in just running around and looking for shit and finding secret stuff outside of chests. Because chests were largely boring but you would get the odd item that kept it semi interesting.

The fuss over microtransactions was kind of silly. Yeah it was dog of them to hide that shit but I never felt compelled to spend any more money on the game outside of the initial purchase.

I didnt really like I got pushed into end game early but being thief it didnt really matter anyway, by the time I had my build down with basically exploiting weakpoints more stamina etc I was a god and I only really died a couple times to that bullshit worm near arbors village as the one shot magic damage with my shitty armor was a bit rough. Otherwise everything else was kinda a bit too easy. But then again I could have made it harder for myself by playing archer

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As a side note the "romance" system is super vague and you can end up with someone you never even intended to. There is a recipe to madness, but don't be surprised if playing casually your beloved may end up someone you did not even expect.
    The first game was like that too, basically whoever you got to max affection most recently became your lover at a certain point in the game. I think there was 1 more checkpoint where it re-selected it though, so when you inevitably got a random male merchant the first time you could still fix it.

I do not really get into this game. And i do not really know why.

Is it just me or would Talos be around mid game point in most single player games. Not end game point.