15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah because utds problems are really just limited to the manager. May as well play musical chairs as no one will make it a success as it turns grown successful rational men into a mess like ralfnick saying the club needed open heart surgery or ole looking like he's gonna cry every post match interview
    This. It's crystal clear there are more issues and while I agree Ten Hag might not be the best, replacing him will solve little to nothing.

I love how Xavi was blaming the ref for them losing while Araujo made a dumb challenge while they were 2 goals up. Definitely shouldn't blame him!

Also I wish Sabitzer had stayed at United, felt he wasn't appreciated much for the short him he was on loan.

Madrid are playing like utd want to but they've got good players and a good coach

Watching Eric Dier celebrating knocking arsenal out of Champions League..... I just see that Leo DiCaprio meme...

He got Man-of-the-match too!
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2024-04-17 at 11:22 PM.

Haha man city.

Can we look into those financial fair play cases now eh.

Hardly fair Everton get docked points and city's had no repercussions

Haha man city.

City was weird I sometimes question how good Pep is, he has an abundance of riches to play with which sometimes hides some questionable decisions that would cost other teams.

Taking of Harland and Debruyne right before the shoot out, then having the goalkeeper as your 5th best penalty taker almost felt like the subs were done for theatre and not tactical, where we all go ooh Pep really knew best... He gets away with a lot at times because it can sometimes be hard to get it wrong with that group of players. Got a feeling Chelsea could take them in the semi final. Real were horrible though and were lucky it got to penalties.

Eric Dier CL winner recalled to England team in place of Maguire and scores the winning goal in the final of the Euros, its written in the stars!

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha man city.

I honestly think the FA (or whoever it is) will not have the balls to punish Man City, and to save face will find them not guilty of any of the 115 charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I honestly think the FA (or whoever it is) will not have the balls to punish Man City, and to save face will find them not guilty of any of the 115 charges.
    I think they will get punished but it will be more along the lines of "here pay this 50.000£ fine and we're good"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think they will get punished but it will be more along the lines of "here pay this 50.000£ fine and we're good"
    Haha yeah, because a money fine will really hit them where it hurts!

The only time City will be punished is if (when) Guardiola leaves and City somewhat "falls apart" with many stars leaving without replacing with new ones. As of right now with the manager and players City has, FA cant live with punishing them as they should be.

They are playing the long game here. City needs PL (FA) & FA needs City.

This will play out like with Lance Armstrong. Everyone knew he was a cheat but it took years before he got what he deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    City was weird I sometimes question how good Pep is, he has an abundance of riches to play with which sometimes hides some questionable decisions that would cost other teams.

Taking of Harland and Debruyne right before the shoot out, then having the goalkeeper as your 5th best penalty taker almost felt like the subs were done for theatre and not tactical, where we all go ooh Pep really knew best... He gets away with a lot at times because it can sometimes be hard to get it wrong with that group of players. Got a feeling Chelsea could take them in the semi final. Real were horrible though and were lucky it got to penalties.

Eric Dier CL winner recalled to England team in place of Maguire and scores the winning goal in the final of the Euros, its written in the stars!
    Apparently De Bruyne and Haaland asked to come off because they couldn't continue. Assume they'll be out the door over the summer, because who wants to come off at 1-1 against Madrid in a quarter final heading to penalties?

As for written in the stars, Sancho scoring the winner, against Bayern, to ensure Kane's continued lack of trophies and to rub so much salt in to Ten Hag.

While I agree with wanting city punished, I watched a video about it the other day and they aren't the same as the forest Everton charges.

Forest and Everton are a case of ' open the account books, see they broke the rules punish them'

City are actually crimes that the owners could face charges for and the owners are the qatari royal family or whoever

The video was actually really interesting, hitc sevens on YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    While I agree with wanting city punished, I watched a video about it the other day and they aren't the same as the forest Everton charges.

Forest and Everton are a case of ' open the account books, see they broke the rules punish them'

City are actually crimes that the owners could face charges for and the owners are the qatari royal family or whoever

The video was actually really interesting, hitc sevens on YouTube
    Yeah, where Everton, Forest, and United (for which we were fined) handed over the books with the problems and excuses clearly highlighted by themselves. City seem to have withheld things and obstructed the investigations which has made is much more complicated - but also leaves them open to much bigger sanction, which is why people are seriously talking about them being kicked out of the league.

And no, the FA doesn't need City, it needs United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. Most of all it needs to show it has teeth and integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, where Everton, Forest, and United (for which we were fined) handed over the books with the problems and excuses clearly highlighted by themselves. City seem to have withheld things and obstructed the investigations which has made is much more complicated - but also leaves them open to much bigger sanction, which is why people are seriously talking about them being kicked out of the league.

And no, the FA doesn't need City, it needs United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. Most of all it needs to show it has teeth and integrity.
    Exactly, like actual financial crimes, money in suitcases prince Andrew (cunt) style. I think that guy said David Cameron (cunt) has had meetings with the royalty about this.

I'm not that sure what kicked out of the league means btw, does it mean relegated 10 tiers or actually kicked out of the pyramid? The guy said expulsion which seems worse than relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Apparently De Bruyne and Haaland asked to come off because they couldn't continue. Assume they'll be out the door over the summer, because who wants to come off at 1-1 against Madrid in a quarter final heading to penalties?

As for written in the stars, Sancho scoring the winner, against Bayern, to ensure Kane's continued lack of trophies and to rub so much salt in to Ten Hag.
    Yup reading that this morning, still surprising, maybe this falls into the "bottling" definition.

I know its a different game now, but not so long ago, it was a 42 match league season, no penalty shoot outs it could take 6 games to get through I round of the league or FA cup. Pens in the European cups but still 2 legged games. Only 1 sub allowed. Playing on pitches that were so heavy it was like running through liquid mud or sand. It wasn't completely unusual for players to play every minute of a 60 game season.

Next year it will take you 17 games to win the champions league so to accommodate the big clubs there will be no domestic cup replays which are great for lower league teams. Everyone of these lower league teams are going to switch the game to the big clubs ground for the pay day and continue to strip the worlds best football cup completions' identity. All to let Pep and Klopp etc rest players.

Rant over, but comon professional athletes should not be crying to come off in a CL quarter final, unless theres a proper injury

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but really... All these alleged Man Utd "fans" celebrating that Borussia Dortmunt went through because Sancho, who played like shit in this game and his attitude while at United stank to high heavens, can take the piss on ETH because he did better at the CL or whatever bollocks, should really re-evaluate a few thinsg regarding who they really support in football. Because in case it isn't clear, it ain't Man Utd.

Personally, I am happy for Sabitzer, that guy was class while he was around and he always gave it all whithout having any attitude issues..

Throw in varane, casemiro and Anthony.

Varane and casemiro because they went from among the best players in the world to using utd as an end of career world tour and filling up on chips and gravy in Manchester before whatever version of meat and rice they eat in Saudi.

And Anthony who has the arrogance of an Brazilian footballer and the skills of a Scottish one
    I honestly think that with Casemiro and Varane it's a combination of injuries and not having next to them the player that helped them by far the most last year, Martinez for Varane and Fred for Casemiro. That and momentum, plus a few other players having a really bad season as well. But at present and with the salaries they are getting, unfortunately it would make sense to let them go.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2024-04-18 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's when government oversight will finally step in, they've been threatening it since the whole super league bollocks, and the FA and PL have basically been keeping everyone happy to avoid being overruled by Westminster.

Football is a huge part of the nation's culture, and politicians will jump into to defend it if the institutions are incapable of doing it themselves.

City failing to be punished will incite riots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Exactly, like actual financial crimes, money in suitcases prince Andrew (cunt) style. I think that guy said David Cameron (cunt) has had meetings with the royalty about this.

I'm not that sure what kicked out of the league means btw, does it mean relegated 10 tiers or actually kicked out of the pyramid? The guy said expulsion which seems worse than relegation.
    Kicked out of the Premier League, as they're the people dealing with this. The FA can then choose what they want to do with City, they could put them in the Championship or they could continue the PL's punishment and expel them and force them to start over.

Chances are they'll be in the Championship but banned from PL promotion for a set number of years if the PL expels them.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Imagine if the only game Leverkusen lose this season is against West Ham, to stop you truly being The Invincibles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Imagine if the only game Leverkusen lose this season is against West Ham, to stop you truly being The Invincibles
    I was considering this, would be the weirdest blemish.

Yet still they go on.

Liverpool though haven't been the same since we knocked them out the FA Cup.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I know I shouldn't be surprised, but really... All these alleged Man Utd "fans" celebrating that Borussia Dortmunt
    If that’s directed at me, I have a lot more affection for Atleti than Dortmund and was hoping they’d go through. Not that I see anything wrong with wanting to see Sancho do well, and if he can rebuild his career there then good for him.

Is Haaland at City with Pep turning into Zlatan at Barcelona with Pep. Similar profile of player.

It was hoped that would be the case when he joined because there was the vain hope that he would be shit at city and then they went on to win the treble.

But peps style does clash with just being direct and utilizing a big strong fast forward. He would rather pass you to death and then finish you off with a centerback or left back chipping in with an assist rather than just Ederson-Haaland-Goal.

Just kinda reminds me when Pep decided to not play fernandinho as DM in the champions league when dude was carrying city harder than yaya toure

Also more recently. What a sad state of affairs at Bayern when Eric Dier is man of the man at Centerback...Jesus bayern has slipped.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2024-04-19 at 10:22 AM.