7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I feel that often with larger raids, they struggle to create relevant bosses. Like, can someone explain why we kill Nymue and the Council? Oh right, because they couldn't completely copy the theme of Firelands. Many times in raids you just have bosses who are just there to pad the numbers, they tell no story and often they don't even have an innovative encounter. Imo having a 6-8 boss raid and a smaller 3-4 boss raid would make for better raiding in general (and they can reuse assets for the smaller raid like they've done in the past).
    We already tried that in Cata and MoP. Didn't like jumping from place to place, each having a different aesthetics. I don't like small raids in general, they got zero feeling of grandeur. And even these smaller raids will still have unknown, less innovative bosses. Which btw means little. Rashok, a boss who didn't show us anything new, is regarded as one of the best ST fights in recent years.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We already tried that in Cata and MoP. Didn't like jumping from place to place, each having a different aesthetics. I don't like small raids in general, they got zero feeling of grandeur. And even these smaller raids will still have unknown, less innovative bosses. Which btw means little. Rashok, a boss who didn't show us anything new, is regarded as one of the best ST fights in recent years.
    Rashok was also cool thematically for what it's worth with a great story.
    And I did not know that there was a consensus that what we had in those tiers was bad. I felt that all of those raids were very thematic and I find it weird you think Heart of Fear, Mogu'shan Vault, Blackrock Descent had no grandeur. Especially HoF.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And what these changes could be? Raiding is a different thing. Bigger player size, the need to organise and coordinate runs on a schedule etc. Can't compare it really to M+, where you assemble a team of 5 in a few min and do a quick 25 min run.
    Maybe more predictable loot? Something like geting dinar every week with you can buy from ANYTHING you killed last week (so for example, you killed 8/8HC and 1/8M - you can buy anything you like from heroic and from first boss in mythic.

Of course all this on top of raid loot, but you must choose between vault (I guess with this system vault would have only dungeons and world rows) and dinar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rashok was also cool thematically for what it's worth with a great story.
    And I did not know that there was a consensus that what we had in those tiers was bad. I felt that all of those raids were very thematic and I find it weird you think Heart of Fear, Mogu'shan Vault, Blackrock Descent had no grandeur. Especially HoF.
    Well, you picked raids with biggest boss count of them all. Throne of the Four Winds and Terrace had none of that feel.

If multiple smaller raids had better reception, we would simple have more of them. And I guess it's easier to design and create a single raid with same aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe more predictable loot? Something like geting dinar every week with you can buy from ANYTHING you killed last week (so for example, you killed 8/8HC and 1/8M - you can buy anything you like from heroic and from first boss in mythic.

Of course all this on top of raid loot, but you must choose between vault (I guess with this system vault would have only dungeons and world rows) and dinar.
    We already have a very strong crafting system and catalyst which really help with gearing up. The only real reason for Dinars would be those rare and powerful raid drops they kept giving us in DF, but that would defeat their entire purpose.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-03-28 at 10:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well, you picked raids with biggest boss count of them all. Throne of the Four Winds and Terrace had none of that feel.

If multiple smaller raids had better reception, we would simple have more of them. And I guess it's easier to design and create a single raid wit same aesthetic.
    Throne lacks grandeur? I'll give you Terrace.

Also they did do it again; Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Throne lacks grandeur? I'll give you Terrace.
    It kinda did. A few platforms among the clouds and a comically oversized, badly textured final boss flailing his huge sword on a tiny tank in front of him did not impress me. This was supposed to be an Elemental Lord of Air home. Compare it with Firelands or Deepholm.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-03-28 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Is it not already explained that it was the Kaja'mite that made them so intelligent?
    Yes, but it could be possible that the found Mimiron's stockpiles of kaja'mite around this facility, and from there that's how they built the Undermine.

That's just in theory though...

- - - Updated - - -

Cata and MoP's had a lot more grandeur than whatever Wrath had going.
    Most of them was just, here's one boss in a single round room [and all of them were dragon bosses] like Malygos, Sartharion, Halion, and even Onyxia (who they brought back for no fucking reason). Then there's VoA but it's plot never made much sense and it only served for the purpose of winning Wintergrasp.. Then there's Trial of the Crusader, which was an interesting plot... but all of it was just bosses thrown into the same room, no mobs to pad it out, and only one time it ever transitions to a new area and its just for Anub'arak. And even outside of those, the only other major raids were Naxxramas but made easier and no quests tied to it (so not as interesting as OG Naxx)... Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel.

But with Cata and MoP, they've definitely improved on it.. and in later cases like Trial of Valor which had a lot of grandeur to it.. and Crucible of the Storm does set up for Naz'jatar and Xal'atath's upbringing.

Blizzard just needs some "sage" character, telling stories through narrated and animated short lore videos of each expansion and maybe most known lore figures, races.

Call it "Reminiscence of the past" or something.

It would be a good chunk of work but i think it would be worth it in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Blizzard just needs some "sage" character, telling stories through narrated and animated short lore videos of each expansion and maybe most known lore figures, races.

Call it "Reminiscence of the past" or something.

It would be a good chunk of work but i think it would be worth it in the end.
    Time to bring back Lorewalker Cho!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Raetary View Post
    Yeah, put lorewalker cho in orgrimmar and stormwind in a new building, create a quest that will point to him etc.

It would be cool, if on new character(after starting zone) you go to him and have presented to you short animated stories about your race and faction you picked, then gradually you unlock quests that open up interactions with him as you go with lvl up, unlocking expansion story stuff in canonical order.

Another idea i just had with follower dungeons tech - Lorewalker Cho would also gradually unlock story mode last boss of expansion battles, while he's telling a story for example "And that was the fall of the lich king..", then the rift opens up and you get to actually fight the lich king with some AI npcs.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2024-03-29 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post

But with Cata and MoP, they've definitely improved on it.. and in later cases like Trial of Valor which had a lot of grandeur to it.. and Crucible of the Storm does set up for Naz'jatar and Xal'atath's upbringing.
    I'd say Crucible also had grandeur. The giant N'zoth eye looking at you? Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Raetary View Post
    I enjoyed Lorewalker Cho a lot. A part of me wished he would keep traveling with us telling stories and discovering the rest of the world.

After we knew there were more lorewalkers I thought: oke maybe we got a different lorewalker in each expansion...but nothing

Cho was amazing but that was entirely on the superb voice acting of Jim Cummings

Cho was amazing but that was entirely on the superb voice acting of Jim Cummings
    Lorerunner Cho: I'm you but cooler.

Anyone wonder why they didn't get him to do Minsc again in BG3 instead of Matt Mercer? I have to assume Jim didn't want to do 40 hours of VO. I can't imagine he's more expensive than Mercer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Lorerunner Cho: I'm you but cooler.

Anyone wonder why they didn't get him to do Minsc again in BG3 instead of Matt Mercer? I have to assume Jim didn't want to do 40 hours of VO. I can't imagine he's more expensive than Mercer.
    Did Minsc even have that many hours in BG3? He is a very late addition to the party.

But yeah, more Lorewalker Cho please. And if possible, more Reshad. Maybe he and Percy were among the people who made it with the Mag'har through the time portal. Frank Welker also killed it

https://www.wowhead.com/news/over-30...38265#comments

Seems like there's a ton of classic recolors datamined in 10.2.6, i wonder whats it for.
    Timerunning PANDAmonium doesn't sound like it will be happening in tbc or classic.

if there's vampire survivors mode, it might be available for both retail and classic players again on separate game mode, but there will be normal PvE content on retail too, in the form of MoP seasonal return and harbinger story + heritage quests.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2024-03-29 at 02:53 PM.

Considering Holly's post about the next experiment had a panda head I'm guessing that she directly meant Timerunning and the vampire stuff isn't going to happen for a while, if ever. TWW-post expansion would make the most sense for experimenting again.

No idea what the TBC stuff is about. But considering we are getting Draenei heritage, and Midnight is heavily TBC linked, maybe a connection there?

What if . . . Pandamonium is about updating Pandaria's storylines?
    Not at all likely but a man can dream.

What if . . . Pandamonium is about updating Pandaria's storylines?
    Not at all likely but a man can dream.
    I think it was linked they are coming back somehow, not so much updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think it was linked they are coming back somehow, not so much updated.
    Ye i think it will be quick, more condsensed run over the story.

Maybe you will have to do the story to unlock the seasonal return of pve content and rewards etc.

Also wondering about some timeless isle action.