Also, with the Coreway not going to Silithus (it goes to the Deeps) and the revelations that Khaz Algar is probably Elun'ahir's old hole, we may have to reconfigure our patch ideas. Especially with Undermine in the mix (and having a raid instead of a megadungeon). I thought it was obvious that underground Silithus was the last patch, but now I'm not so sure, it could easily be Elun'ahir or what is left of it.

The Earthen and Harronir are both hinted at in DF lore books, so maybe there was something else we are missing?

The public alpha/beta client is out now... at 4 am... help

help me

help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

help me

help
    No! Start digging!

That lynx mount looks sick. I need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also, with the Coreway not going to Silithus (it goes to the Deeps) and the revelations that Khaz Algar is probably Elun'ahir's old hole, we may have to reconfigure our patch ideas. Especially with Undermine in the mix (and having a raid instead of a megadungeon). I thought it was obvious that underground Silithus was the last patch, but now I'm not so sure, it could easily be Elun'ahir or what is left of it.

The Earthen and Harronir are both hinted at in DF lore books, so maybe there was something else we are missing?
    I agree, the images are starting to align a bit. I wonder what Xal will have to do with Gallywix for Undermine to come in. I can't imagine it being disconnected.

That being said, what does Xal want with the remnants of Elun'ahir? Is there some form of life magic she's looking to take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

help me

help
    sorry bird... bring us to the promised land! (after a good night's rest)

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I agree, the images are starting to align a bit. I wonder what Xal will have to do with Gallywix for Undermine to come in. I can't imagine it being disconnected.

That being said, what does Xal want with the remnants of Elun'ahir? Is there some form of life magic she's looking to take?
    After the datamined info on Elun'ahir and we got wind of the Nerubians collecting old god blood, my bets were on here literally feeding the roots the blood itself. To what end, who knows. The 5th old god image in CHronicle also had it intertwined with roots which is interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What do you mean by offscreen? Obviously there will be in-game cinematic there.
    True, but according to the on-screen summary, it doesn't cover what actually happens to Khadgar, only the characters reacting to whatever that is. If whatever happens in that cinematic cutscene why doesn't it describe that? Yes, it is a teaser but why include "Khadgar's fate" in the on-screen summary at all?

I think this points to the Intro to Dorn questline is actually part three in a campaign that unfolds over 3 different phases but are actually supposed to represent a short amount of time

Part 1 - The Void Elf campaign in 10.2.7
    Part 2 - ??? in 11.0, the TWW prepatch*
    Part 3 - Dalaran Crashes into Dorn, at the formal release of the expansion.

*my guess is the actual attack on Dalaran, before the events of the Dorn Intro, will be that mysterious 13th Delve, avaliable to players like the Uldaman dungeon in the Dragonflight prepatch. With those dalaran blue items being the rewards.

I bet the Dalaran Portal in Tegolas Rift will actually serve as the entrance to the delve once 11.0 hits (with the Horde getting an equivalency.)
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-18 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    True, but according to the on-screen summary, it doesn't cover what actually happens to Khadgar, only the characters reacting to whatever that is. If whatever happens in that cinematic cutscene why doesn't it describe that? Yes, it is a teaser but why include "Khadgar's fate" in the on-screen summary at all?

I think this points to the Intro to Dorn questline is actually part three in a campaign that unfolds over 3 different phases but are actually supposed to represent a short amount of time

*my guess is the actual attack on Dalaran, before the events of the Dorn Intro, will be that mysterious 13th Delve, avaliable to players like the Uldaman dungeon in the Dragonflight prepatch.
    I think you're right about the Dalaran delve being the secret 13th, but I think it'll be post-crash. Ruins of the Magic City or something.

Also on the Dalaran note, the Kirin Tor being the vanguard force for the liberation of Suramar was a nice touch. I hope that whatever happens to the Kirin Tor with the destruction of Dalaran, we still see them come back stronger than ever to hold the same role for Quel'thalas. At a time when nearly every sub-faction or group is neutral, the Kirin Tor have boldly stood out as the most interesting to me. I'd hate to see that be evaporated. I know he just left to return to the isles, but help us Kalec, please oh please.

*my guess is the actual attack on Dalaran, before the events of the Dorn Intro, will be that mysterious 13th Delve, avaliable to players like the Uldaman dungeon in the Dragonflight prepatch. With those dalaran blue items being the rewards.

I bet the Dalaran Portal in Tegolas Rift will actually serve as the entrance to the delve once 11.0 hits (with the Horde getting an equivalency.)
    We've been told that when you beat all of the announced 12 Delves on the max difficulty level you unlock the final delve which, "maybe a one room boss fight." Why would the attack on Dalaran delve not open until you've not only completed the actual story of 11.0, but until you 100% all the delves. The crash of Dalaran isn't going to be a Delve. All the content creators have even talked about the first delve you encounter in the campaign as the tutorial delve. The attack on Dalaran is just going to be a quest scenario like the WoD intro or attack on the broken shore.
    Last edited by Treegdar; 2024-04-18 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    The coolest detail about this motif, is that the Arathi being the predecessors of every modern Alliance human kingdom, the plate armor & the arathi aesthetic in general references the symbols of all of them:

Stormwind: a compass
    Dalaran: The eye
    Lodaeron: The cross
    Kul Tiras: Anchor
    Gilneas: A three pronged crown (I think that's what the Gineas flag is supposed to be)
    Stormgarde: The chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Treegdar View Post
    We've been told that when you beat all of the announced 12 Delves on the max difficulty level you unlock the final delve which, "maybe a one room boss fight."
    Who said this? That would be so weird considering the delves are on a rotation.

It might not be a Delve but as far as we know they don't consider the pre-patch part of the TWW's list of delves since it might only be a temporary thing.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-18 at 02:46 AM.

Slightly baffled by the magnaron model. It has two eyes and big tusk things but is otherwise basically a standard magnaron. Does anybody have any more info on it, e.g. model file name?

There's also a genesaur in one of the screenshots but it doesn't seem to be a new model so it might be a placeholder.

The coolest detail about this motif, is that the Arathi being the predecessors of every modern Alliance human kingdom, the plate armor & the arathi aesthetic in general references the symbols of all of them:

Stormwind: a compass
    Dalaran: The eye
    Lodaeron: The cross
    Kul Tiras: Anchor
    Gilneas: A three pronged crown (I think that's what the Gineas flag is supposed to be)
    Stormgarde: The chain

It might not be a Delve but as far as we know they don't consider the pre-patch part of the TWW's list of delves since it might only be a temporary thing.
    Nice catch! I'm glad we're getting more human and paladin lore. People keep telling that humans in wow are the boring choice but between this and Kul Tiras I'd say they get more cool world building and stuff in general than most races.

Max said it. He's pretty clear that beating all of the hardest difficulty delves is how you unlock the final delve and itll be a boss fight. https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentAliv...ixqWgoS9MGcgZt
    Last edited by Treegdar; 2024-04-18 at 03:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I doubt non-evoker classes will be able to use dragon form for combat or even at all because then they would all get double jump + glide.
    That doesn’t make any sense. Of course they’ll be able to use their dragon form in combat for other classes… why wouldn’t they?
    Their race isn’t their visage form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Still ridiculous that they cant wear full armor. Worgen are similarly shaped and can.
    They did admit they have a machine learning program to fit armor to character models.
    I would be genuinely surprised if they don’t put that to work on the Dracthyr… I mean that’s gotta be the only think holding them back from making them other classes. They’ve already got all the animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel View Post
    Slightly baffled by the magnaron model. It has two eyes and big tusk things but is otherwise basically a standard magnaron. Does anybody have any more info on it, e.g. model file name?

There's also a genesaur in one of the screenshots but it doesn't seem to be a new model so it might be a placeholder.
    It's probably not a magnaron. General rig and models get reused all the time. Like how the bird-robots in Bastion are modified high arakkoa or the big devourers are modified gronnlings. It's probably just some earth-elemental adjacent lifeform unrelated to the magnaron beyond the fact that the magnaron are also earth elemental adjacent lifeforms.

-

Perhaps the better example would be that Fal'dorei in Suramar are quite literally just the Nerubian vizier and cryptfiend model mixed with Nightborne, but there's no deeper connection with the Nerubians. They just had the idea for spider-elves and used an existing base instead of making the spider parts from scratch.

This thing is probably some large half-elemental creature that happens to use the mangnaron base.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2024-04-18 at 03:34 AM.

I honestly think until they addressed the armor issue with Dracthyrs its not even worth extending them to other Classes.

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    I honestly think until they addressed the armor issue with Dracthyrs its not even worth extending them to other Classes.
    Pretty dumb line of reasoning when people have been asking for the class options since DF announcement.

ok
    hear me out
    don your foil hats

dal gets hit by nerubians and Xal
    khadgar had someone looking into the harbinger which people say is Xal
    in SoD Xal has some more stuff

now Dal is literally just the biggest magical weapon ever
    it is also home to many powerful mages and a hub for the forces of azeroth and iirc has one of the pillars

speculation: Xal does something to effect the magic on azeroth which effects the flying city and khadgar as the guardian does his job and is "killed" only to be revealed later as an avatar of azeroth. This leads Alleria to embrace the void more leading to her markings spreading like an infection with every void being she kills. Anduin falls deeper into despair. Xal interrupting the flow of magic on azeroth does things like opens prisons that relied on leylines.....

Xal gathers something from each old god
    cthun in SoD
    yogg in the infinite dungeon
    ysharjj in time running
    nzoth via dagger

she said in the past her brothers tore her apart and she talks about elune as though she is below Xal.
    We know there is a 5th old god
    Xal is that 5th old god
    nzoth was ok with losing because he knew he would be a part of our ultimate defeat
    We literally released Xal
    we empowered her in legion
    this is our fault

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Fire/Arcane spec. Didn't expect them to go Phoenix familiar route but here we are!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Truly continually astounded at how year after year, expansion after expansion, people in this thread's "sure shot" predictions for patch content locations/plot beats are so laughably off-base. Not even in hindsight, just people missing obvious telegraphed forests for the trees.