5+ Year Old Account
    so... anyone got an invite to alpha?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Anyone else noticed how many mob models have some small variations like kobold snout type or hair, or nerubian helm/pant/spidery mouth thing, or the void crystal guys and their horns? Even the mount nerubian ones using the nazmir skeleton seem to have variations to their faces and the human kids with chubbier/wider faces. There never has been such a mod detail before right, like you could maybe only find it on playable mobs or dragonriding type enemies.

Here's a visually obvious example of what i mean. (ignore the 3rd same as 1st mb)

Blizzard keeps pointing out that the isle of Dorn is to the west of pandaria as if it mattered, then we have the pandaria timewalking... There may be an important connection to pandaria in future content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Civciv View Post
    so... anyone got an invite to alpha?
    Nothing as of yet for me but I'm usually not in the first few waves, in my experience. Hope soon though.

Lore tidbit: the keeper who oversaw Dorne was not a nice guy and threatened to deactivate the Earthen if they ever went out of line AGAIN or simply if the Titans didn't need them anymore. This is from a log over 5,000 years ago.

All the Earthen don't remember that time period because they have to relink to a charging station that makes their memories get uploaded somewhere.

So we have no idea what they did.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2024-04-18 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Interesting that there doesn't seem to be an actual dungeon where we fight against the Hallowfall Arathi. I assumed the Dawnbreaker dungeon would be against the Arathi, but all the bosses seem to be Nerubians.

Suppose it's always possible the Arathi are fully positive towards us barring a few rogue elements, but I was sure we would fight against them.

Maybe all of this will make more sense as the Alpha develops, but not having an Arathi instance seems like a missed opportunity unless the developers are holding back for mIdnight with a massive Scarlet Crusade one.
    There is an arathi instance. Might be overrun with enemies, but there is one.

If I'm reading right, we can't just learn tier pieces on any class. So can I mail that tier piece to a warband character for them to learn? They haven't really been clear on that and I'll be honest, I really only do transmog runs for said tier pieces.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I just realised the official video from yesterday sort of spoiled the conclusion of Alleria's and Anduin's journeys.

The art director said they're running from the wounds of their past, but in the end they're going to find hope and redemption.
    Sure, but anyone could have guessed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I expected to wake up to juicy 11.0 news
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

I'm not well folks T-T
    Probably will be a new Dalaran ground based city in TLT if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There is an arathi instance. Might be overrun with enemies, but there is one.
    There are in fact two dungeons where we fight Arathi. Priory is against Light-using Arathi and Dawnbreaker is both Void-using Arathi and nerubians.

They are still our friends and have a renown track.

I've been thinking if its possible we may get class halls 2.0 in TLT. Northrend has the potential for a lot of nice class halls if they are going for the full continent in that expansion.

Deathknights: ICC
    Warriors: Utgarde Keep / Odyns piece of Ulduar (if he returns it in place)
    Paladins: Argent Tournament
    Preists: New Hearthglen
    Evokers: Wrymrest Temple
    Mages: The nexus
    Druids: Conservatory of life / Grizzelmaw
    If Tinkers / Articifers come: The Spark of Imagination

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are some more obvious ones for other classes I can't think of and maybe better ones for the ones listed. They know class halls were loved and I'm sure they want to end the saga on a high note.

Saying that, I really feel like Ulduar will be our homebase for the expansion, possibly a floating section of it if Odyn returns and class halls 2.0 doesn't fit the new evergreen feel we're getting.

How does one go about getting hands on the alpha files so I can explore a sandbox version of it? I remember being able to do it back in WoD alpha, but haven’t since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I think delves are the most underwhelming thing so far i saw from all the previews and content creators that played the alpha.

Other thing for me are hero talents which are 50/50, because i hoped for more visual changes to go with the hero spec "fantasy", some have more and others have hardly anything new going on.

Still, it's the beginning of alpha, so i hope people will give some feedback about it.
    Too soon to tell. They might be fun when they are harder, but I did expect them to be more than multistage world quests. They seem exactly like one of those longer wq from Sl people hated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just wanna tag this assumption and say that Magni wouldn't necessarily be the one to actually hear Azeroth's voice if instead this entire time he's just been talking to Titan subsystems intended to keep Azeroth contained and on the path to becoming a Titan. Magni's entire storyline has been him working with the Titan infrastructure and following the suggestions that infrastructure gave him. So if Azeroth doesn't actually consider the Titans to be allies... or if Azeroth thinks that the void incursion might bring the Titans back to finish the job (which is exactly what Iridikron's gambit is), there's not much reason for her to reach out to the person who is really more of the Speaker of the Titans than the Speaker of Azeroth.

King of Diamonds has been made a pawn, after all. (I'm kidding about this line, most of them are intentionally vague memes designed to be over applicable. I really doubt that this was their angle when they wrote it).

- - - Updated - - -

It just feels weird that the entire wreckage is just one single specific structure from the middle of the city. There's lots of other iconic set pieces in Dalaran that make sense to be strewn about if the city exploded or fully crashed and sent things everywhere. Like why would you have the Spire of the Guardian but not any of Violet Citadel's tower or iconic gem thing at the top, or any of the regular street? Or sideways bits of Krasus' landing? Or even any other bits of the architecture from that center section? The Underbelly?

The only explanation I can really think of where Dal is destroyed and it ends up like this is if the Spire itself was teleported out of the rest of the city, and the city itself just vaporized.
    Maybe the city went down somewhere else and Khadgar went outside the spire where everything was running for saftey and teleported that whole mini chunk of the city away sacrificing himself.

I hadn't had a chance to check out the Windwalker monk changes until now but um, I may be drooling a bit, not gonna lie.

Like, I love monk, warts and all. I enjoy it even now, but these changes...be still my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    Warbands are going to be revolutionary for playing alts and delves are going to be a main pillar for more casual players and outworld content in particular. Like what features and system changes were you expecting?
    TWW seems like the finale of modernizing WoW for the future. Delves and a bigger focus on casuals, Warbands, figuring out what to do with future power progression each expansion with hero talents, finishing fixing professions. Getting the story back on track etc.

I cant think of a lot that needs fixed after TWW, so Midnight could very well be the start of big flashy things again. I just hope they dont add too many features. Feature bloat is a real thing.

I think a few races, player housing, archeology, cooking, fishing revamp plus new carpentry profession for making furniture for housing. Thats plenty. And all evergreen.

TLT would add a few races, a new class, something account wide like path of the titans, and a guild revamp with guild castles.

Thats all reasonable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    A very powerful extension of the talent system indeed. For now, it seems that fantasy wise it would not carry much weight, which is good and bad at the same time.

Another thing that bothers me is that, if I understood correctly, the Warband system will not make account-wide achievements related to killing raid or dungeon bosses in a certain way. A major fuck up IMO, as there are achievements that require an specific class to do, or a healer, for instance. I would allow that they will not make those TWW's achievements account-wide at first. But the ones from older expansions? Why not?
    The only big fk up for me is no class set collecting for alts. Im sure its a coding issue, but not one they couldnt fix. Its pointless to run mog on one character now if they cant collect tier. Thats half or more of what people want to collect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They just had to make him look like that.
    Probably based on one of the developers. They're so narcissistic.
    I think he looks cool. I love him, a little nerd lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    You say that as if he is something new. We literally don't have a single male character like Garrosh or Varian anymore. And static characters like Turalyon are thrown out of the story because he doesn't fit the agenda. Enjoy the whining Anduin and nerdy dwarf
    Do you just come here to complain about stuff like that? Is there nothing else you want to discuss. Jeez.

I admit when I first saw him, I heard "NEEEERRRDDD" in my head from that one episode of the Simpsons.

But I like him. Definitely a different sort of dwarf, and I like that. Should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The new Dagran model just oozes personality. You can tell at just a glance what kind of person he is, which is more than what most character models in WoW gets.
    Yep, I can tell hes one of the best new characters they have created in a long time. Hes also kind in some npc stay awhile and listen dialogue which I like.

I have a feeling Khadgar and Dalaran got sucked into a void portal. That's why only a little bit of it crashed and his fate is ambiguous.

This leaves room for him to come back later, either corrupted or not, and people think he's dead or just generally "gone".

I could be completely wrong and he gets a great sacrifice like Varian, but then that calls into question where the rest of Dalaran went. Maybe into the water and it ties into Naga?
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2024-04-18 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Lore tidbit: the keeper who oversaw Dorne was not a nice guy and threatened to deactivate the Earthen if they ever went out of line AGAIN or simply if the Titans didn't need them anymore. This is from a log over 5,000 years ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLXB_Dpa...jpg&name=small

All the Earthen don't remember that time period because they have to relink to a charging station that makes their memories get uploaded somewhere.

So we have no idea what they did.

So there goes any hope for nuance, not that I really had any.

Yes, Dark Iron Dwarves are known to be nerds. His father and mother were big nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Lol, I'm gonna have a mild case of the BlizzCon blues now that the big news are out there, and the reality slowly sinks in that all of this is 4-5 months away.

I hope Remix: Pandaria keeps things fresh until the prepatch, and hopefully prepatch arrives early this time. Early July maybe?
    I feel like we got a lot less info this time than ever before. Maybe because they are hiding stuff from dataminers now? Idk, but I remember WoD and Legion datamining having 10 times more models, conversation strings etc.