Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    These look so good. I hope they're available to all races.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/earthen...-within-338837
    Hope so but I doubt it tbh.
    Blizzard has a nack for making decent civilian/simple transmogs but never releasing them
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so taken aback by the appearance of young Dagran - we've known since Before the Storm that the kid was bookish and gawky, and it was further established in The Vow Eternal that he was introspective and lonely growing up, and is even shown chatting with Arator the Redeemer and closely observing a ceremonial blade that he was wearing at the time. Dagran's model as bespectacled and looking like an up-and-coming sage or wizard seems to be in keeping with all his prior characterization.

It's not some weird agenda out of nowhere, in other words - Dagran's basic character has been this way for nearly 6 years at this point.
    Aye, and I can't really see this as "non-masculine" as some brought up to begin with. Compared to the state of the peak Golden-Danuser era, he at least looks something like a Warcraft character should.

Besides, he's a Dark Iron. They're sorcerers, no?
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Hope so but I doubt it tbh.
    Blizzard has a nack for making decent civilian/simple transmogs but never releasing them
    On the flipside, this expansion did give us the Valdrakken civilian transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Saw something about a "Rootlands" map being deleted in the files, haven't seen anything like that myself.
    Yep, it's listed on the dev map as a zone the same size as the Ringing Deeps but conspicuously missing. It's hard to tell where it corresponds to in the overworld though. I don't think they've even properly lined up Dorn to the other zones yet.

You know, I could definitely see goblins getting involved in a plant/life area. That'd definitely be their thing (to despoil and harvest).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I don't get that enormous hate over paladin raid set.
    It's not my favorite, but I like that it's different. After 20 years of armor sets, Blizzard's artists need to do really different stuff to make new sets standout. If they're just "normal" then players are just going to stick to their favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Aye, and I can't really see this as "non-masculine" as some brought up to begin with. Compared to the state of the peak Golden-Danuser era, he at least looks something like a Warcraft character should.

Besides, he's a Dark Iron. They're sorcerers, no?
    "Non-masculine" would seem to describe anyone not completely roided out to the point they look more like an earthbound cloud. I assume Dagran II takes after his father, Dagran Sr. having been called the "Sorcerer-Thane" and more in the mold of a shaman or wizard than a warrior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's not my favorite, but I like that it's different. After 20 years of armor sets, Blizzard's artists need to do really different stuff to make new sets standout. If they're just "normal" then players are just going to stick to their favorites.
    Yeah I've grown to like it a fair bit. Plus you never know how those pieces could work in other sets. There are a lot of items that I hated initially that I've found to be integral to some of my favorite transmog outfits now (i.e. the Uldir cloth sets)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    he at least looks something like a Warcraft character should.
    Warcraft characters do not look like nerds who get bullied in school.

This isn't a Dark Iron Dwarf. This isn't a Warcraft character. This is a wimp who has no business being in this franchise. I'd expect to see this guy in a sparkly pretty boy series like League of Legends, not Warcraft.

THIS is a Dark Iron Dwarf sorcerer!

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel View Post
    Yep, it's listed on the dev map as a zone the same size as the Ringing Deeps but conspicuously missing. It's hard to tell where it corresponds to in the overworld though. I don't think they've even properly lined up Dorn to the other zones yet.
    Probably to the left of Hallowsfall and AK where the roots are busting through.

I hate to be that guy but I think the less time spent on Season 4 development, the better.
    Season 4 doesn't require artists to do any work (except for a texture artist spending 30 minutes max recoloring Armordeons and Wilderlings as keystone hero/Awakened raid Normal difficulty mount rewards). Season 4 doesn't require designers to come up with and bugtest new boss fights. All season 4 requires is a couple programmers switching out the current roster of half dozen M+ dungeons people are going to speedrun for the next six months, and tweaking the numbers to make the last three raids relevant rather than just the latest one. There is hardly any actual opportunity loss here.

-snip-

This isn't a Dark Iron Dwarf. This isn't a Warcraft character. This is a wimp who has no business being in this franchise. I'd expect to see this guy in a sparkly pretty boy series like League of Legends, not Warcraft.

-snip-

THIS is a Dark Iron Dwarf sorcerer!
    I mean, yeah Dagran I is an awesome looking sorcerer. He's also an old, grown man.

Dagran II is like what 15 and just starting to get a sense of the world and his relation to sorcerery and his ancestry? Of course he looks like a nerdy kid.

This is a crazy take

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Dornagal, the Earthen city on the Isle of Dorn
    Would have been nice if we had gone back to having dual capitals again. Horde characters hanging out in an Alliance themed city feels bad. Horde also doesn't have the Titan connection that the Alliance does. Could have easily had the Horde capital be Kezan or Undermine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    If the first patch is truly about a goblin raid (probably undermine) I hope it doesn't feel like a joke filler patch. And it would be a great time to fight against Gallywix at last. I also hope it doesn't feel like the earthen plot is dropped after 11.0 like the oathstone plot in DF or many others.
    It would be nice if we got more serious Goblin characters like Siegecrafter Blackfuse rather than every Goblin having to be the same funny cartoon character.

Watched the alpha exploration video, and the descent from Hallowfall to Azj'Kahet looks really wide and shows how huge those roots are!

I bet "Rootlands" is the Forbidden Reach area this expansion and it will come before 11.1 & Undermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    You know, I could definitely see goblins getting involved in a plant/life area. That'd definitely be their thing (to despoil and harvest).
    I think if we have both a goblin raid and a Life-based area then our two options are either in the same patch and goblins are after something in the Life area (or want to eradicate it because it makes azerite inert, or Gallywix has made a deal with the nathrezim), or they're two separate patches and Gallywix has made a deal with the void ethereals.

Probably to the left of Hallowsfall and AK where the roots are busting through.
    Definitely, but is that area just in the middle of the ocean, underneath another zone, or the Coreway? There's a big sinkhole in Hallowfall so I'm not sure if that's meant to be the Coreway or what.

-snip-
    Oh come on, this is such a bad take. One is a kid and the other an old sorcerer villain.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they're going to say where he is being trained. Is he training with Dwarven wizards? At Dalaran?

He's a child. Anduin was literally bullied in High School because his high school was Mists of Pandaria.

An extremely bad take considering Dagran is dressed just like Khadgar.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-20 at 02:30 AM.

No, it's pretty fitting... almost all the sons of the great heroes in WoW started off as total wimps and had to go through their own journey's to find their place.
    Anduin
    Thrall's Son,
    Dagran..
    Even Garrosh in TBC was a giant wimp who hated his father and hated himself for being a sick weakling.

The only 'son' in WoW's history that wasn't a total wimp was Wrathion, but mostly because he figured out how to be a conniving little shit from the moment he hatched from his egg.

In Dagran's case, this is the first time we've ever seen him in game where he isn't a literal baby or kid (for some reason Blizz can't do Dwarf kids well) and he's probably the most malleable on whether he'll turn to good or bad.

Awakened raids will now rotate weekly, instead of every 2 weeks. That was a quick change lol

Wrathion doesn't count just by virtue of being a dragon.

Garrosh was a hilarious example because even into as far as Wrath they treated him like he was a late teens style "young maverick" but for all intents and purposes he was, awkwardly, probably in his 30s. Some Dear Orcish Hansen film level shit.