Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What always happen. Money. They dropped project which will colapse in a year. My tinfoilhat.
    You don't run away from success, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You don't run away from success, so yes.
    It's quite possible the new DE CEO wasn't a fan of the companies move towards publishing third party games, which was a new initiative for them, and there was a separation clause he could trigger. Amusingly, they're gonna need to update the DE site, still showing Wayfinder up there heh.

1 hour of my life gone...to deal with my inventory.
    All i farmed before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Honestly the game failed to capture me pretty early on. The gameplay felt way too shallow. I also don't know if it was bugs, or just the game was super janky. Pretty early on it felt like I had to just grind over and over, but there wasn't any additional new gameplay, and I was only maybe like 15 hours in and little to no actual direction for the game.

I'm a huge AS fan, and was excited to back the project, but honestly it left a hugely bad taste in my mouth.
    The stat design is what ruined a lot of the combat potential for me, though all the abilities really not interacting with one another didn't help.

That and there really just being a few tilesets and the "randomness" of them being extremely limited. You knew all the rooms in just a few runs, they just changed the order of those rooms.

It felt like they just went into Early Access, well...way too early. It was hard for me to get a sense for what they wanted to do with the game. There are sort of MMO elements but really not, and sort of loot grind elements but not really, and sort of action combat but not really. Just kinda mish-mashed.

Nothing that can't be fixed over time, but it feels like the state EA was released in is just gonna put everyone off of it before that happens.

AS has pledged to keep pushing forward.

It also makes sense for DE to divest and focus more on Soulframe.

If you like the game you'll keep getting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's quite possible the new DE CEO wasn't a fan of the companies move towards publishing third party games, which was a new initiative for them, and there was a separation clause he could trigger. Amusingly, they're gonna need to update the DE site, still showing Wayfinder up there heh.
    I wonder how much influence DE had on Wayfinder as publisher. Around the same time as Wayfinders disastrous launch fuckups they introduced the warframe anniversary pack with FOMO never purchasable again skins and bloated with an almost completely worthless currency for a majority of players. They slightly altered it to make it "better" after fan backlash but I kinda lost alot of respect for them after that. Hope wayfinder can turn it around and DE don't continue to push what they can get away with.

Decided to play today was fun

I randomly started watching the ONLY wayfinder streamer on twitch category.
    Randomly he got in my dungeon as a "helper"...and left (i assume because i picked a very hard and boring affix)

I want this game to succeed more tho

I'm starting to think that excluding Wow FFXIV and ESO mmorpg genre is dead
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I'm starting to think that excluding Wow FFXIV and ESO mmorpg genre is dead
    It's quite alive, just not in mainstream gaming in the West.

The problem for the Western audience is that we simply did not get any MMO worth a shit that wasn't a flop for many years now. So, people still keep playing those 10-20 years old MMOs, because nobody managed to do any better. And thus it stagnates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Decided to play today was fun

I randomly started watching the ONLY wayfinder streamer on twitch category.
    Randomly he got in my dungeon as a "helper"...and left (i assume because i picked a very hard and boring affix)

I want this game to succeed more tho
    101 24-hour peak?

It's dead, Jim.

Why? It was quite literally awful. I knew it looked kinda crappy, but I'm a huge fan of AS so I figured I'd support them in this endeavor. It was boring and a shit show and felt like a cash grab.

101 24-hour peak?

It's dead, Jim.
    Noooo Please

*inhales copium*

The game is so much fun, maybe on the official release as F2P-model people will come.
    Problem of the game is lack of content after 150+ hours.
    If it was an offline game it would be money well spent for this many hours...but is a live-service.
    I hope it makes a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is so much fun, maybe on the official release as F2P-model people will come.
    Super Copium there m8.

When you barely have a hundred players concurrent, it's ded, especially for a MMO and/or Co-op game.

Besides, with Helldivers 2, who even needs it anymore.

Super Copium there m8.

When you barely have a hundred players concurrent, it's ded, especially for a MMO and/or Co-op game.

Besides, with Helldivers 2, who even needs it anymore.
    1. I dont touch early access games period. I am not gonna pay to test your game. So I was waiting for the official release. Although it does not look like it will even make it at this point.

2. I am more of a fantasy genre over sci fi when it comes to games. so Helldivers, while I have heard nothing but good things about it is not on my wishlist of things I want to play.

I just noticed they removed the option to buy ingame currency (Runesilver) 20 days or so ago...and everyone is confused.
    There is only one reply from devs saying that is intentional...while they rework the shop.
    I have a strict rule of "no conspiracy theories in this house" but...thats kinda suss...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2024-03-29 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just noticed they removed the option to buy ingame currency (Runesilver) 20 days or so ago...and everyone is confused.
    There is only one reply from devs saying that is intentional...while they rework the shop.
    I have a strict rule of "no conspiracy theories in this house" but...thats kinda suss...
    I bet they will shutdown this shit before long and don't want to deal with refunds.

Game was fun in the closed beta, but I haven't bought into the EA or whatever they're framing it as. Had a few friends play it for the longest time, but even then they said they rarely saw other people outside the two of them.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

It's a shame because buried somewhere in this game was an idea, but they clearly didn't know how to actually implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's a shame because buried somewhere in this game was an idea, but they clearly didn't know how to actually implement it.
    Welcome to the every MMO ever in the last... 20 years? With only a handful of exceptions.

Even Riot stumbled at this problem.

It's sad to see another one go, but not altogether surprising. No real evolution. No meaningful improvement. Not enough quality and execution. This even kinda LOOKED like it was from 2013 instead of 2023.

There's a market out there for MMOs but damn if it needs some serious effort to properly tap (in the West). SERIOUS effort. The bar is so very high right now - not even because the competition is stellar, but just because it'll take so much to get people invested into a truly long-term game. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Welcome to the every MMO ever in the last... 20 years? With only a handful of exceptions.

Even Riot stumbled at this problem.

It's sad to see another one go, but not altogether surprising. No real evolution. No meaningful improvement. Not enough quality and execution. This even kinda LOOKED like it was from 2013 instead of 2023.

There's a market out there for MMOs but damn if it needs some serious effort to properly tap (in the West). SERIOUS effort. The bar is so very high right now - not even because the competition is stellar, but just because it'll take so much to get people invested into a truly long-term game. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
    Well, it seems like everyone wants to dabble in this ARPGMMO concept, but they keep taking the worst of the two genres rather than the best. Not sure why that is - maybe it's just hard to leverage the strengths of the two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well, it seems like everyone wants to dabble in this ARPGMMO concept, but they keep taking the worst of the two genres rather than the best. Not sure why that is - maybe it's just hard to leverage the strengths of the two together.
    I think the game is very good
    All my perceived "problems" are not design-wise but what i assume is because of them being a small team and not a triple A company.

Major problems:
    -Bugs (they are still fixing them as we speak)
    -Once you finish the game, 100h+ hours into it, the game ends

And thats it for me Everything else i enjoy for the most part