Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

SW content creator shows Snyder how to actually make a Zack Snyder SW movie.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    ...oh god...no...nooo...

GOD NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No, they don't. We focus test people on what the limits of verisimilitude would be for film and television.

General audiences will accept any premise and action that isn't a tonal shift within the media generally.
    Reading into data what you want to see while movies over the past few decades have shown over and over that people will accept and like fight scenes that

A) make sense visually (think reacher)
    B) make sense because the viewer knows the protagonist is unusual in some way (think buffy)
    C) make no sense because its obviously comedy (think charlie's angels)

Everything else is roundly made fun of as rediculous. No audience member cares how much of a badass you tell us the wafer thin girl is. When she punches the 300lb guy and he folds for no reason, we laugh, but at you, not with you. It is a subtle difference, but it makes people stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Reading into data[
    It is directly what customers will say. There is no data to read into. You are misunderstanding how qualitative and quantitative research works and what it does.

Customers articulate their answers and thoughts. Moreover, they have electronic clickers they activate as they watch a film or series that indicate their acceptability and emotions. It's called an audience response system. Customer are also free to revise their clicks as they see fit.

Belviability and verisimilitude are not even the most common dissatisfaction points for general audiences. T3B is; keeping track of the story from film to film, being unable to hear the film clearly, and cursing.

while movies over the past few decades have shown
    These are your personal feelings.

There is no record or data that general audiences are saying, desiring, or unwilling to suspend disbelief for the sake of entertainment.

Just because you feel a certain way about this or that, doesn't mean the majority does as well. Saying and using phrasing such as "Nobody", "Everyone" etc, is fine informally. But it is not backed up by anything but your feelings.

From 2010-2020, the non-animated & non-superhero films and series with the highest audience satisfaction rating of A- and above are not realistic. It's like Twilight, Hunger Games, Fast & Furious films, Transformers, etc featuring "bad ass" characters that just do shit audiences like.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-01-13 at 05:31 AM.

Hands down one of the worst things I saw last year. Maybe if it wasn't so incredibly blatant in what other franchises it was ripping off, it might have been better.

However, the main lady taking down a guy bigger than her was definitely not one of the issues I had with it.

I mean..... he is not wrong :P

Welp, here comes Part 2

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea nah I gave the first one the benefit of the doubt when I watched it, I aint watching this, I would just be hate watching if I do and I got better things to do lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

From 2010-2020, the non-animated & non-superhero films and series with the highest audience satisfaction rating of A- and above are not realistic. It's like Twilight, Hunger Games, Fast & Furious films, Transformers, etc featuring "bad ass" characters that just do shit audiences like.
    You are absolutely the exact type of person who tells studios what to make based on your studies that end up losing them billions of dollars.

You can't read. You are incapable of making an accurate judgement of anything in front of you.

You list movies that perfectly fall into the list of what I said audiences will accept and pretend that you had a point.

Twilight - vampires and werewolves are supernatural, the humans are weak little meat sacks.
    Hunger Games - the main character absolutely is VERY human female and not supernatural at all. They even give a large amount of time explaining why she is so good with a bow, making the audience go "ok I'll buy that"
    Fast & Furious - comedy physicality. Nobody is looking at that thinking its even remotely supposed to be real.
    Transformers - giant robots that crush tiny humans

You'd be a wonderful person to advise Hollywood. Whatever you suggest, if they just do the exact opposite they'd have a winner every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to hate watch it because why not? Already have a Netflix sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Welp, here comes Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Part 2 dropped.

Man, let me tell you, if the race was about being consistent and true to yourself, Zack Snyder clears everyone. I can't even be mad at the movie. Cost me nothing but time to watch. Part 2 is just 2 hours of Snyder reminding people of what his name is - its a full on Snyder meme but with far more action, so its at least more exciting. Its over the top, full of clichés, lens flare, slow motion, shot for shot SW rip off, buts its authentically Snyder. If you've seen Part 1 and just want something silly to watch, Part 2 is your movie. Just don't take it seriously.

I will probably never watch Part 1 again. I would Part 2 with others just for their reaction.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2024-04-20 at 04:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, i drop the first part when the insane army went to a farm village to get rations, like, my dude, would they even be able to feed one company of your ship? maybe i muster the strength to binge part 1 and 2 later, but damn, that was an awful beginning.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    OMG.

I am currently watching part 2. This is so... bad and predictable, i think i could even direct this better, despite having no knowledge of the profession, just my movie seeing experience.

I assume this will achieve cult status. It's either missing all the targets deliberately or somebody just took a paycheck, then did the absolute minimum (or nothing) and made this.

More to come as i watch or after i finish.
    /spit@Blizzard

I have to admit, i'm impressed. It managed to be even worse than part one. This is a masterclass in how to ruin a film.

Part 2 was worse than part 1. Total waste of time unless one enjoys marveling at the spectacular failure of film making of this movie.

It's A Bug's Life! This dope Synder ripped off A Bug's Life?

Synder is the greatest grifter of his time in the movie biz.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least the pretense of this having a story ended real soon at the start and attempts to resume right at the end. Everything in between is just mindless action scenes full of plot armor, some deaths to keep the stakes up and the visual feast ends with a deus ex machina intervention.

The guy left the story open-ended for a sequel though. I suppose if enough views, he will keep taking the money to produce such drivel, good only for hatewatching. Or for people who cannot see the emptiness of this movie between flashy cgi and hero-villain duels.

- - - Updated - - -

It's A Bug's Life! This dope Synder ripped off A Bug's Life?

Synder is the greatest grifter of his time in the movie biz.
    Is this a genuine typo or is there a pun intended, seeing that these movies are so bad to set aflame one director's career and fame?
    /spit@Blizzard

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Well, at least the pretense of this having a story ended real soon at the start and attempts to resume right at the end. Everything in between is just mindless action scenes full of plot armor, some deaths to keep the stakes up and the visual feast ends with a deus ex machina intervention.

The guy left the story open-ended for a sequel though. I suppose if enough views, he will keep taking the money to produce such drivel, good only for hatewatching. Or for people who cannot see the emptiness of this movie between flashy cgi and hero-villain duels.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a genuine typo or is there a pun intended, seeing that these movies are so bad to set aflame one director's career and fame?
    It was always going to be a trilogy.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a performance art piece, it's hard to top spending $166 million remaking Roger Corman's Battle Beyond the Stars.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It was always going to be a trilogy.
    I wasn't aware.
    /spit@Blizzard